The Anthology Project

The Anthology Project

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about The Anthology Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Anthology Project

Sardonyx
Some of the stories were cute as well as the art. However I found that there were many stories for which the size of the book shrank the artwork so much that I had trouble distinguishing anything.
Miz Moffatt
Full review posted on Across the Litoverse

The Anthology Project has a simple mandate: to collect comics from artists who pursue compelling narratives and have published notable works in sequential arts. In short, "[i]ts humble intent is only to delight"—and I assure you, the book delights on numerous levels. I have a soft spot for comic collections and literary journals for their variance and their promise of new talent to discover. And, for the first time in quite a few years, I've found an ant...more
Lindsay Nichols
The artwork is beautiful...some of the tales are downright awesome. This is something I'd like to see in a larger format, to get really in depth with the pictures. I felt like I was missing out on some of the stories simply because I couldn't see all the details clearly.
Kimmie
Mar 05, 2012 Kimmie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: artists, comic artists
I fell in love with the cover at the comic book store and greedily bought both volumes. The art is gorgeous and the storytelling is nothing to sneeze at either.

As a...hobby artist, I found this inspirational and so well done. I will pour over it again and again.
Angie
I think I liked volume 2 (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...), which I read first, much better. This one was very surreal and very bleak.
Kirsty
I loved Joy Ang's 'Wish' – the text is funny and the artwork is gorgeous. The rest, I'm sorry to say, were either boring or impossible to follow.
JD
The artwork in The Anthology Project is to be admired! I can't wait for the next one!
An interesting collection of art and stories, though only a few really stand out to me.
Pamela
What really makes me enjoy reading this book is it's artwork
Miss.terri
Miss.terri marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Chris Howard
Chris Howard marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Alex
Alex added it
Feb 06, 2014
Jessalyn King
Jessalyn King marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Sumsy
Sumsy marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Yellowday
Yellowday marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2013
C*
C* marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Mustache Baby I Will Not Read This Book Petey and Pru and the Hullabaloo The Anthology Project (Volume 2) The Qalupalik