Start by marking “The Anthology Project” as Want to Read:
The Anthology Project

The Anthology Project

Published 2010

To ask other readers questions about The Anthology Project, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Anthology Project

Sardonyx
Some of the stories were cute as well as the art. However I found that there were many stories for which the size of the book shrank the artwork so much that I had trouble distinguishing anything.
Miz Moffatt
Apr 27, 2012 Miz Moffatt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: canadian, fantasy, comics
Full review posted on Across the Litoverse

The Anthology Project has a simple mandate: to collect comics from artists who pursue compelling narratives and have published notable works in sequential arts. In short, "[i]ts humble intent is only to delight"—and I assure you, the book delights on numerous levels. I have a soft spot for comic collections and literary journals for their variance and their promise of new talent to discover. And, for the first time in quite a few years, I've found an ant
Kaotickitten Box
Some stories were well thought out, others felt forced like they had an ideal but no place to stand with it. Wish by Joy Ang, The Unicorn by Christopher Ryzebol special thanks Tom Rhodes, and Mr.Dung and Beetle by Darren Rawlings, were my favorites out of all the stories. Those three could stand alone and have their own books in my opinion.
Lindsay Nichols
The artwork is beautiful...some of the tales are downright awesome. This is something I'd like to see in a larger format, to get really in depth with the pictures. I felt like I was missing out on some of the stories simply because I couldn't see all the details clearly.
Joseph Young
An interesting mix of graphic artist styles. Many of the stories don't use much words but rely on the art to tell the story. There is a little discrepancy in consistency of moods if you read the stories back to back.
Kimmie
Mar 05, 2012 Kimmie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: artists, comic artists
Shelves: graphic-novels
I fell in love with the cover at the comic book store and greedily bought both volumes. The art is gorgeous and the storytelling is nothing to sneeze at either.

As a...hobby artist, I found this inspirational and so well done. I will pour over it again and again.
Pamela
May 12, 2010 Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What really makes me enjoy reading this book is it's artwork
Sarah Schanze
Apr 25, 2011 Sarah Schanze rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
An interesting collection of art and stories, though only a few really stand out to me.
SA
Dec 21, 2015 SA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2015
Beautiful and varied artwork from many talented creators. The tagline says these stories are meant to delight the reader, but a number of them were just fucking sad.
Kirsty
Oct 02, 2011 Kirsty rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I loved Joy Ang's 'Wish' – the text is funny and the artwork is gorgeous. The rest, I'm sorry to say, were either boring or impossible to follow.
JD
May 17, 2010 JD rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The artwork in The Anthology Project is to be admired! I can't wait for the next one!
Zanne
Jul 03, 2012 Zanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
24.99
Angie
I think I liked volume 2 (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...), which I read first, much better. This one was very surreal and very bleak.
J
Jan 22, 2016 J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of the little comics are really nice and funny but some of them do not MAKE sense at all.
Dan Duncan
Dan Duncan rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2017
ComfyBooks
ComfyBooks rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Gm
Gm rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2017
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2015
Ben Schmidt
Ben Schmidt rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2011
Simon Lindenthaler
Simon Lindenthaler rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2016
Andrew M.
Andrew M. rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2014
Julian
Julian rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2011
Courtney Myrden
Courtney Myrden rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2017
Michael
Michael rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2013
Christy
Christy rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2016
Greg
Greg rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2010
Ellis Hawthorne
Ellis Hawthorne rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2013
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015