Breakfast at Sadie's Breakfast at Sadie's Breakfast at Sadie's

Breakfast at Sadie's Breakfast at Sadie's Breakfast at Sadie's

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Thirteen-year-old Sadie lives alone with her mum in their seaside bed and breakfast. Her mum thinks Sadie doesn't try hard enough at anything she does, and her teachers think she’s lazy. As for Sadie herself-she can't believe that she’s any good at anything, even though she tries "so "hard.
Suddenly her mum becomes seriously ill and Sadie is left all on her own in charge o...more
Published April 8th 2008 by Laurel Leaf Library (first published July 6th 2006)

Be the first to ask a question about Breakfast at Sadie's Breakfast at Sadie's Breakfast at Sadie's

Abby Johnson
Sadie is an underachieving cut-up in Breakfast at Sadie's. Her mom is always bugging her to get her grades up, telling her she'd do better if she just worked harder. Her friends automatically hand over their homework for her to copy and make cracks about how dumb she is. When Sadie's mom is diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder and has to spend several months in the hospital, unable to move, Sadie is left in the care of her young aunt. When Aunt Leona flits off on vacation, leaving Sadie by hers...more
Greengirl
This book was a really good book. Although, it did seem to me as if it wasn't very realistic. It was about a girl who's mom becomes ill and has to stay in the hospital. Then when her aunt promises to take care of the Bed & Breakfast that the family owns and suddenly she just leaves. That leaves this poor teenager running a B&B all by herself. Can she do it? Or does she have to tell her mother that her aunt has left her and risk getting taken into child care? Read the book to find out!!!!
Samantha Zhang
This book always keeps me in suspense for the ending. This book only one BIG problem: A girl has to run a Bed and Breakfast at the same time as she has to deal with her own, personal problems at school. But there's a catch; nobody can find out what she's up to, or her aunt will be imprisoned for abandoning her when Sadie's mother is in the hospital, and Sadie will be taken into care. I am always held on to the book, because I am always wondering if she will be discovered...
Avi
I absolutely loved this book! The plot was amazing as was the characters and the way that the conflict was solved. The character of Sadie was ingenious. I wished there was a sequel to this. Probably one of the reasons that I loved this book was because it was a British book (I have a thing for those for some reason).
Claudia Choi
Sadie is an unlucky girl. Her mom is ill in the hospital. Here dad is dead. Her aunt left her alone. Now Sadie was to go to school at the same time run a business. Sadie is trying to keep up. It's just to hard. Will she keep the business going? Will her mom get better?
Samantha Hastings
Sadie's mum owns a B&B in England and when she get's hospitalized, Sadie's aunt bails and Sadie runs the B&B on her own for a while. I liked Sadie's spunkiness and the message that you can be good at different (non-academic) things.
Karen
Another great story for the young/pre teen girl. After playing the dumb blonde role, through a series of strange circumstances, Sadie gets to find out just how capable she is.
Kirsten
i liked how sadie took over their B&B by herself. i liked it because it showed sadies courage and trust in many different people.
Calista
I think that this is an amazing book.
It really shows the outstanding points of this boook!!!!!
I highly recommend this book.
Sarahfina
this book shows you that DUMB BLONDES ARE SMART!!!!!!!!!
and that girl's CAN do anything!
Paige
It a very funny book on things that can go wrong while running a B&B
Grace
It was nice to read something different for a change.
Lizzy
I loved this book it was also very intense.
Judy
quick read... couldn't put it down.
Alana
its a good book but its kinda sad
Nuts about Friends
I thoroly enjoyed this book
Katie
Katie added it
Jul 06, 2014
Helena
Helena added it
Jun 03, 2014
Gothsparkleprincess
Gothsparkleprincess marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lee Weatherly was born in 1967 and grew up in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA. She lives with her husband in Hampshire, England, where she writes, goes on walks, collects frogs, and has a cat named Bernard.

Lee Weatherly also writes under the pseudonyms L.A. Weatherly, Kitty Wells, and Titania Woods.
More about Lee Weatherly...
Missing Abby Kat Got Your Tongue Child X The Scariest Monster in the World Teach Yourself How to Write a Blockbuster