Start by marking “Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose” as Want to Read:
Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose

Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Learning good table manners has never been this much fun!

"Chocolate mousse!" says greedy Goose. "Don't just grab it," says angry Rabbit. Good manners are not on the menu at this meal. Duck won't eat his carrots. Moth's eating the cloth, and Sheep would rather sleep than wash the dishes. Thank goodness some of the animals know how to behave. Children's favorite foods and an
Published April 1st 2006 by Pan Macmillan (first published April 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose

Aliya Farooq
Having previously read 'The Gruffalo' by Julia Donaldson, I decided to try and locate another one of her books and across this one.

The cover is pretty simple with the title and an illusraton. The illustration; a goose holding a bowl of mousse, perfectly depicts the title. It gives young readers the chance to look at the picture and link them to the words of the title, a good way of young readers creating an understanding that words have meaning. The writing on the book is large and almost fun to
Shereen Mahmood
This book starts off by hungry Seal asking where the meal is. The other animals each follow in turn asking or telling something about the food.

I really enjoyed this book as each page has a partial image of the next animal so if I was reading this to a class I would ask ‘which animal do you think is next’, which encourages the children to participate and then becomes interactive. Another reason I enjoyed this book was that the words rhymed and the story was funny.

This book would be suitable for
Yasmin
This book is about an animal dinner party where not all of the animals show good table manners! Written in a very interesting way to engage young children - Each animal is introduced with a describing word before it and the book has rhyming words in each sentence to capture the reader’s (or listener) attention.
A fun and engaging book that would be appropriate to read to EYFS and also to introduce describing words in writing (sentence structure) for Year Ones. It also has an added touch of humou
Bilsen Ibrahim
Dinner Party! But what’s that? Fussy duck won’t eat carrots, greedy goose eats all the moose and furry mole licks the bowls so nothing left for the sad white swan! A brightly illustrated, delightful rhyming picture book with a cast including an angry rabbit, tablecloth eating moth and a lazy sheep that would just rather sleep! Perfect for reading out aloud with varying vocal tones to further engross young children in the meal time behaviours of the featuring animals.

Recommended for younger child
Ashley Chance
‘Chocolate Mouse for Greedy Goose’ is a fantastic rhyming story about a bunch of animals that cook a meal for each other and have lots of shenanigans along the way. The book is essentially about table manners and Julia Donaldson uses rhyme and lots of adjectives in the story to get children to describe ways of eating and cooking food.

This book is enjoyable especially because of the illustrations by Nick Sharrat, which bring out the comical elements of the story with the different animals making
Halima
"Carrots - Yuck!" Says fussy Duck
"They're good for you," says Kangaroo
It is always a joy reading Julia Donaldson's books. The use of rhymes in every sentence will get the children joining in after the first read. I read this book with my nephew and nieces but I highly recommend for a nursery class when introducing rhyming, animals or even healthy eating!
Bella
My toddler LOVES this book. She's been learning new animals (gazelle, moth) and whilst she hasn't grasped the concept yet the book covers a lot of emotions/personality traits - happy, sad, greedy, shy etc. Great for 2-3 year olds.
Kitty
This story revolves around a group of animals and their behaviour at during dinner. It is a picture book with simple text, limited to one sentence per page.
In each sentence there is always an adjective in front of the name of the animal which children will find funny and memorable.

Used as whole class reading for younger children, this book could be useful for working on sentence structure and the use of adjectives/meaning and context as well as exploring cross curricular skills (PHSE)to provoke
Bradley Arlt
My youngest son's favorite book. The colors, the animals, and the sequence in the story are just right. And the point of the book is subtle. I just thought they were eating a meal. But some more official thing said it was to teach table manners. Who knew?

Plus the paper is a bit thicker than normal, so my youngest (who isn't that careful with books) doesn't rip anything.

I'd give this book a 3 star rating. But my son (the intended audience) would rate it as 5. So he wins. :)
Limau Nipis
Wonderful read aloud with my kids, this one is very illustrative with all sorts of farm animal, which I can teach my kids. Wonderful introduction on animal farm.
Lindsay
food, wild animals, manners - A manners book that isn't too didactic. Fun rhymes and unusual animals add to the fun.
Luke
Good for rhyming and adjectives to describe characters
Sarah Cade
Sarah Cade marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Mai Cao
Mai Cao marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Jack Caven
Jack Caven marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Taryn
Taryn marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Virgilio
Virgilio marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Growing up
I grew up in a tall Victorian London house with my parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle, younger sister Mary and cat Geoffrey (who was really a prince in disguise. Mary and I would argue about which of us would marry him).

Mary and I were always creating imaginary characters and mimicking real ones, and I used to write shows and choreograph ballets for us. A wind-up gramophone wafted out Cho
More about Julia Donaldson...
The Gruffalo Room on the Broom The Gruffalo's Child The Snail and the Whale A Squash and a Squeeze