Start by marking “Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose” as Want to Read:
Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose

Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  179 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Learning good table manners has never been this much fun!

"Chocolate mousse!" says greedy Goose. "Don't just grab it," says angry Rabbit. Good manners are not on the menu at this meal. Duck won't eat his carrots. Moth's eating the cloth, and Sheep would rather sleep than wash the dishes. Thank goodness some of the animals know how to behave. Children's favorite foods and an
Published April 1st 2006 by Pan Macmillan (first published April 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chocolate Mousse for Greedy Goose

Aliya Farooq
Sep 18, 2011 Aliya Farooq rated it liked it
Having previously read 'The Gruffalo' by Julia Donaldson, I decided to try and locate another one of her books and across this one.

The cover is pretty simple with the title and an illusraton. The illustration; a goose holding a bowl of mousse, perfectly depicts the title. It gives young readers the chance to look at the picture and link them to the words of the title, a good way of young readers creating an understanding that words have meaning. The writing on the book is large and almost fun to
Shini
Feb 21, 2014 Shini rated it it was amazing
This book starts off by hungry Seal asking where the meal is. The other animals each follow in turn asking or telling something about the food.

I really enjoyed this book as each page has a partial image of the next animal so if I was reading this to a class I would ask ‘which animal do you think is next’, which encourages the children to participate and then becomes interactive. Another reason I enjoyed this book was that the words rhymed and the story was funny.

This book would be suitable for
Yasmin
Feb 03, 2013 Yasmin rated it really liked it
This book is about an animal dinner party where not all of the animals show good table manners! Written in a very interesting way to engage young children - Each animal is introduced with a describing word before it and the book has rhyming words in each sentence to capture the reader’s (or listener) attention.
A fun and engaging book that would be appropriate to read to EYFS and also to introduce describing words in writing (sentence structure) for Year Ones. It also has an added touch of humou
Bilsen Ibrahim
May 05, 2014 Bilsen Ibrahim rated it liked it
Dinner Party! But what’s that? Fussy duck won’t eat carrots, greedy goose eats all the moose and furry mole licks the bowls so nothing left for the sad white swan! A brightly illustrated, delightful rhyming picture book with a cast including an angry rabbit, tablecloth eating moth and a lazy sheep that would just rather sleep! Perfect for reading out aloud with varying vocal tones to further engross young children in the meal time behaviours of the featuring animals.

Recommended for younger child
Ashley Chance
May 03, 2013 Ashley Chance rated it really liked it
‘Chocolate Mouse for Greedy Goose’ is a fantastic rhyming story about a bunch of animals that cook a meal for each other and have lots of shenanigans along the way. The book is essentially about table manners and Julia Donaldson uses rhyme and lots of adjectives in the story to get children to describe ways of eating and cooking food.

This book is enjoyable especially because of the illustrations by Nick Sharrat, which bring out the comical elements of the story with the different animals making
Halima
Jul 01, 2014 Halima rated it it was amazing
"Carrots - Yuck!" Says fussy Duck
"They're good for you," says Kangaroo
It is always a joy reading Julia Donaldson's books. The use of rhymes in every sentence will get the children joining in after the first read. I read this book with my nephew and nieces but I highly recommend for a nursery class when introducing rhyming, animals or even healthy eating!
Bella
Jun 09, 2014 Bella rated it really liked it
My toddler LOVES this book. She's been learning new animals (gazelle, moth) and whilst she hasn't grasped the concept yet the book covers a lot of emotions/personality traits - happy, sad, greedy, shy etc. Great for 2-3 year olds.
Kitty
Jan 03, 2015 Kitty rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This story revolves around a group of animals and their behaviour at during dinner. It is a picture book with simple text, limited to one sentence per page.
In each sentence there is always an adjective in front of the name of the animal which children will find funny and memorable.

Used as whole class reading for younger children, this book could be useful for working on sentence structure and the use of adjectives/meaning and context as well as exploring cross curricular skills (PHSE)to provoke
Bradley Arlt
Oct 27, 2014 Bradley Arlt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
My youngest son's favorite book. The colors, the animals, and the sequence in the story are just right. And the point of the book is subtle. I just thought they were eating a meal. But some more official thing said it was to teach table manners. Who knew?

Plus the paper is a bit thicker than normal, so my youngest (who isn't that careful with books) doesn't rip anything.

I'd give this book a 3 star rating. But my son (the intended audience) would rate it as 5. So he wins. :)
Limau Nipis
Oct 25, 2011 Limau Nipis rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads, children
Wonderful read aloud with my kids, this one is very illustrative with all sorts of farm animal, which I can teach my kids. Wonderful introduction on animal farm.
Pipa Guest
Dec 28, 2015 Pipa Guest rated it it was amazing
My little one doesn't enjoy this book as much as the other Julia Donaldson books but I think it is still marvellous!
Lindsay
May 09, 2013 Lindsay rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
food, wild animals, manners - A manners book that isn't too didactic. Fun rhymes and unusual animals add to the fun.
Luke
Dec 25, 2012 Luke rated it liked it
Good for rhyming and adjectives to describe characters
Nils
Nils rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2016
Harry Evans
Harry Evans rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Bryan
Bryan rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Lisa Durman
Lisa Durman rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Polly Vaughan
Polly Vaughan rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Nicola
Nicola added it
Jun 27, 2016
Nicola Bartley
Nicola Bartley rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2016
Eleni
Eleni rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Jennifer Hrehor
Jennifer Hrehor marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Bob Wu
Bob Wu is currently reading it
May 22, 2016
Siddharth Pillai
Siddharth Pillai rated it liked it
May 16, 2016
Tish Beech
Tish Beech marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
  • Claude In The City
  • Pirates Love Underpants
  • Mr. Quiet
  • Tickle, Tickle
  • The Dinosaur That Pooped A Planet!
  • The Story of the Little Mole Who Went in Search of Whodunit
  • Mommy?
  • Not Now, Bernard
  • Penguin
  • The Crunching Munching Caterpillar
Growing up
I grew up in a tall Victorian London house with my parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle, younger sister Mary and cat Geoffrey (who was really a prince in disguise. Mary and I would argue about which of us would marry him).

Mary and I were always creating imaginary characters and mimicking real ones, and I used to write shows and choreograph ballets for us. A wind-up gramophone wafted out Cho
More about Julia Donaldson...