Time of the Soul (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #3)

Time of the Soul (Pembroke Eve Chronicles #3)

4.52 of 5 stars 4.52  ·  rating details  ·  33 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Time of the Soul continues the adventure a month after the events of Light of the Body.

This time the townsfolk are celebrating the Spring Dance. An event that will hopefully kick away the worries of past incidents in the town. Although, even an occasion such as the Spring Dance can't remain uneventful for long, especially because this is Pembroke Eve, after all.

Unfortuna...more
Published June 15th 2010 by eXtasy books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Time of the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time of the Soul

Bookwatcher
My first statement about the third book of the Pembroke Eve Chronicles: in my view is the best and most erotic of the serie!

AND I LOVED IT!

Now, some practical facts:

The story begin exactly where the #2 finished and again all the story will be only Jacob point of view.
The old Jacob gang (Callum, Zane, Suzy & Mr Barnady) will not participate in this book, and three new (and fantastic) will be presented: Thomas, Brad and Corey.

Why is the most erotic book of this serie?
First because the vamp...more
Tj
This was almost like reading a step out from the series. Jacob has his own little adventure. I had a harder time rating this one. It's not anything like the two books before it. Even while reviewing it I'm going back and forth. I would give it a 4.5 but it's not an option here.

I love the character of Jacob. He's a fighter and you see even more of that within this story. If you've read any of Mark Alders's works you see his common elements in this plot and character come to life. I do love how th...more
Nancy L
~~~Heather S.~~~
Mar 11, 2011 ~~~Heather S.~~~ rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: m/m, sci-fi fans, those looking for something different
Shelves: m-m
Jakey is one hot piece of meat or something, everyone seems to be attracted to him and he just goes with the flow, rolling with whatever punches come his way. I see why all the guys adore him!

This adventure was complex and strange, but yet again the characters pulled me through. I enjoyed getting to know different guys in the town, although I missed Callum and Zane. I can't believe I like Corey, how you doin' Daddy?! And the end was so sigh- worthy, how exciting!!!!!
Heather C
So its finally time for the much talked about Spring Dance...and by the end of the 1st chapter, its already gotten weird. And in time, it gets even weirder!

This book is twisted and bouncing around all over the place, LITERALLY and Non-LINEARLY! I think I was only confused once and had to backtrack and pay closer attention to the details and then it made sense.

I like how Mark uses minor characters from the previous 2 books and brings them into the main plot for this one. Although I am ready for...more
Jenre
The third in the Pembroke Eve Chronicles turned out to be a different kettle of fish to the previous two books. Yes, it’s still narrated by our hormone soaked teen, Jacob, and yes, he’s still led about mostly by his dick, but the tone was much more sombre in this book and also Jacob, rather than relying on his friends to help save the day, is very much alone and reliant on his own thinking to save himself and his friends.

The story begins shortly after the end of the previous book – Light of the...more
Wendy (wluvsbooks)
It took me until the 3rd book to realize what clever titles this series has and how well they fit the theme for each individual book - awesome! During the first part of Jacob's adventure in this book I had a deja vu moment because it felt a bit like the "Ghosts of Christmas - past, present, future" and I thought this is going to be interesting. I had no idea exactly how interesting it was about to get! I was completely caught up in the action-packed storyline of this book. At times, my heart was...more
Leaundra
Wow another great one Mark. This one didn't gross me out as much. It had me on the edge of my seat the whole book though. It never slowed down. I really felt for Jacob in this one. He went through so much to try and get back. Your books always have me thinking what would I do if it happened to me. I enjoyed meeting Brad and even Corey wasn't too bad, I know shocking!!, LOL. I'm going to miss everyone so it will be cool if maybe we get to visit them again. (No pressure though Mark, lol) Once agai...more
Robert
Another 4.5 stars for #3. I loved the vampire/eternal character! I did miss Callum and Zane who didn't have much a role in this one but I'm sure they'll be back. I also enjoyed Corey (he was still a d*ck but his true side came out - too bad it's only in the alternate reality).

Great job, Mark!
Kendra
Where do I even begin. First of all, Mark Alders has a mind that is crazy and brilliant. How he even comes up with these concepts is beyond me. He writes very well and is engaging as a storyteller. I enjoyed the first 2 books but this one was very different than those. Jacob is once again a hero, saving himself mostly in this story but his actions would eventually save the town as well. That said, WTF?!?! haha. My complaint with this book is the same as last book. Jacob is way too horny to be mo...more
Shell
Once again, Mark Alders created an interesting world that sucked me in and left me wanting more. Although, for the first half of this one, I was wondering what the bloody hell was going on! This time Jacob is on his own, when a pan-dimensional being sweeps him away to a world not unlike his own, but where time travel is possible and the being needs to be fed by taking his sustenance from Jacob. To make things even more interesting, this being comes in the form of Thomas, Jacob’s first crush. Lik...more
Lexi Ander
Mark, babe, why for are you messing with me?

I stomped around work all day today because reading on my breaks only made me more angry. I HATED Thomas from the beginning. (Hey! He got kicked in tha nads!) I was plotting all of the ways to get rid of his evil ass...Anyone who comes between my guy Callum and Jacob will only earn animosity from me. I was freaking worried that Jacob would be stuck in that horific time line with Callum married to...Ack!...and what the hell "my littl man", who knew...Co...more
Stephanie
I love Mark Alder's mind. He comes up with some of the strangest yet imaginative plots I've EVER had the pleasure of reading. Mind-bending and mind blowing doesn't even come close to describing this one. I loved it!

Corey, the bully/gay-bashing jock became one of my favorite characters in this series. He's right up there with Zane now. I knew he protested a bit too much. He and Jacob's rendition of "Daddy" and "Little Man" had me giggling with glee. It was the hottest scene in the book.

If you a...more
Phil Ansell
Fab! My favourite of the series so far. Loved the new characters and particularly what happened with Corey, great!
James Cox
The sex was hot and the story was exciting, what's not to like!
Gwen
Gwen marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Silke
Silke marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Rohan
Rohan added it
Apr 20, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Omar
Omar marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Evelyn
Evelyn marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Sheryl Gage
Sheryl Gage marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I live in Melbourne, Victoria, in the land of Oz. According to my own Teenage mis-adventures, I am just an ordinary guy with a penis which likes to get me into trouble…a lot. I’ve seduced trees, copulated with watermelons, and had nice old ladies pick ants off my naked body. Yep, that’s me. Mark Alders. All round nice guy and with my brain firmly in my pants, exactly where it belongs!

So what about...more
More about Mark Alders...
The Nourisher (Border Worlds Saga, #1) The Soldier (Border Worlds Saga, #2) The Mis-adventures of a Teenage Mark The Incubator (Border Worlds Saga, #3) Shadows of the Mind (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #1)