Hunt Among the Killers of Men (Gabriel Hunt, #5)

Hunt Among the Killers of Men (Gabriel Hunt #5)

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  6 reviews
The warlord's men came to New York to preserve a terrible secret-and left a dead body in their wake. Now Gabriel Hunt is on their trail, a path that will take him to the treacherous alleyways and rooftops of Shanghai and a showdown with a madman out to resurrect a deadly figure from China's past...
Mass Market Paperback, 265 pages
Published June 29th 2010 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about Hunt Among the Killers of Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunt Among the Killers of Men

Randy
What I read was actually a PDF file sent by the publisher. The book is scheduled for release next week(the 22nd).

Hunt's baby sister, Lucy, pops up after a nine years absence asking gabriel for help. Her best friend, Mitch(Michelle), had been framed for the murder of her sister.

Mitch had been drummed out of the Air Force after an accident that destroyed a helicopter. She hadn't done anything, but a scapegoat was needed to cover for the real culprit, a superior officer. She'd come to New York to s...more
Anthony
The fifth of six projected Gabriel Hunt adventures finds our man Hunt in Shanghai and nearby, searching for a missing friend of his younger sister, hoping to find her before she can get revenge on the Chinese mobster who killed her own sister. This being a Hunt adventure, some sort of ancient treasure or ancient legend must come into play. This time it is the legendary Killers of Men -- the terra-cotta army of Chinese warlord Kangxi Shih-K'ai which is supposed to include the warlord's entombed b...more
David Brzezinski
I can't say that any of the Gabriel Hunt series is high literature. They are pretty much modern day pulp fiction, the literary equivalent of pixie sticks. In spite of that, most of the series have been enjoyable to read, except this one.

For one reason or another, I just could not get into this book. I'm not sure if it was the writing style this time around, or if it was because it seemed more focused on a Mack Bolan/Executioner anti-mob plot than the previous globe trotting adventures. Regardles...more
Chad
Not my favorite of the series. Had a tough time getting into it and finishing it. I think the problem was not enough of the exploration aspects of the other stories. This one felt less pulpy, too.

I made it through. I liked the characters, especially Ivory, so I suppose that is what kept me from giving this one a 2 stars.
Jonathan Wood
Not at all in-keeping with the series. Rather than pulp madness this is actually an excellent thriller in the James Bond style. Well worth the read but not what I'd come to expect from this series.
Josh
by far the best in a good series.
Katrina Tan
Katrina Tan is currently reading it
Aug 21, 2014
Hauser
Hauser marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Greg Trosclair
Greg Trosclair marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Chris Huntley
Chris Huntley marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Patrick Sanders
Patrick Sanders marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Noah
Noah added it
Jun 20, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Jourdan
Jourdan marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2013
Josh
Josh added it
Nov 12, 2013
Todd
Todd marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Winston Crutchfield
Winston Crutchfield marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Ivan Isaacs
Ivan Isaacs marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2013
Scott Macauley
Scott Macauley marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2012
Hunt at the Well of Eternity (Gabriel Hunt, #1) Hunt Through the Cradle of Fear (Gabriel Hunt, #2) Hunt at World's End (Gabriel Hunt, #3) Hunt Beyond the Frozen Fire (Gabriel Hunt, #4) Hunt Through Napoleon's Web (Gabriel Hunt, #6)