Start by marking “Trey (Red, Hot & Blue, #1)” as Want to Read:
Trey (Red, Hot & Blue, #1)

Trey (Red, Hot & Blue #1)

3.72  ·  Rating Details ·  1,694 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
They can t deny the heat it s the only thing keeping them alive.

Red Hot & Blue, Book 1

A distracted soldier is a dead solder. That s special operative Trey Williams motto. The last thing he needs in his life is a girlfriend. Problem is, the woman who s been recruited to pose as his wife on a special assignment is proving to be exactly the kind of distraction he can t af
Published April 20th 2010 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (first published January 11th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Trey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trey

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

Pretty short read but an enjoyable one. Trey is yummy alpha in a military. Carly is a bad-ass but yet a softie bartender.... throw in a bit of a tinsy tiny love triangle, some international espionage, a rescue and a hot, hot striptease that's caught on surveillance camera make this a perfect shortie read.
Bethany
Oct 10, 2012 Bethany rated it really liked it
Recommended to Bethany by: Jenn
Trey is hot, hot, hot!!! That was a fun, fast read. I liked how there wasn’t much back story and that it just jumped right into the story. Now I’m ready for Jack. Southern hottie here I come!
AerinLuvs
Very short delicious story about a military black-ops guy, Trey, who has to go undercover and pretend to be married to distract bad guys. Carly is a former military woman, who now owns and operate a bar where Trey and Jack frequent. Jack is after Carly, and Trey has been in the background watching Jack pursue Carly for years.

Secondary characters Jack, Matt and Jack's brother are mentioned, Jack seems really charming, a good 'ol Southern boy.

Angela
Feb 28, 2014 Angela rated it really liked it
Cute quick read! Love military stories, but of course the instalove is a little annoying, but it was only 100 pages!
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Loved this story even though it was short. Trey and Carly were great together and mercy, that scene in the hotel while all the bad guys watched was smokin' hot. I just loved Jack too. Can't wait to read his story. I love a sweet talkin' Southern boy. Yummy.

Did a re-read and still liked this story.
Oct 25, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I really enjoyed this book, and that really surprised me. Yes, the scenes are contrived and you have to sort of suspend reality, but it was still a good, quick read. You end up feeling so bad for Jimmy even though in the beginning he wasn't seeing her as a woman. I'm actually interested in the rest of the team.
Nikki
I liked this but I wish it had been longer. The characters are good, Trey is hot! I liked Carly and the supporting characters too. The plot was good but I felt like there could have been more to it. The story went pretty fast and the ending was really great, again, I just wish it had been longer. I can't wait to read about the techie, Matt!
Robin
Feb 03, 2015 Robin rated it really liked it
Ni_kii
Trey, Jimmy and Jack are military boys. Navy seals, they see a lot of action so they often need to unwind. Carly's bar is the watering hole of choice for the men of the base, as it's cheap, friendly and the waiting-on staff know not to ask any questions. Of course, another big draw for Jack and Trey is Carly herself, but so far she has been unwilling to play with either of them. Jack is convinced that Carly is "the one", so Trey backs off, no matter how many sparks fly between the two of them.

Wh
Krystal
Jul 29, 2012 Krystal rated it really liked it
I've never been a big "romance" reader (aside from Nora Roberts), so I was unsure what I would think about "Trey". But this book intrigued me from the get-go, the thought of military special ops was appealing to me, and it did not disappoint. You couldn't help but get caught up in the emotions of the characters. From Trey's internal struggle between his loyalty to Jack and his feelings for Carly, to Carly's own unwillingness to fall in love with another military man, the story is captivating ...more
Mrs. Missive
Apr 28, 2011 Mrs. Missive rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Seriously Cat Johnson...How did you make a terrorist mission sexy? My inner exhibitionist was doing a supreme jig here. And it's a good thing our hero digs showing off with that whole implanted transmitter bit. (nope, not giving that away, you'll have to read to find out what the heck I'm talking about, but it's very Terminator if you ask me.)

Jack and Trey are best buddies in a super secret military organization. Luckily for them an enterprising young woman named Carly opened a bar near the bas
Jenn Scranton
Apr 30, 2013 Jenn Scranton rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Wow! Cat Johnson never disappoints on those sex scenes!!! At the end of that little escapade I was beat red, out of breath and desparately fanning myself to cool off! All while tuning out my husband who was laughing hysterically at my reaction, LOL.

I immediately liked Trey! Tall, brooding, handsome...intense. My favorite male adjective! *swoon*

This was a lot shorter than I originally expected, and I must admit that I wish it was longer, but it was a great, hot read!! At only 100 and some-odd pag
Heather in FL
This was a cute story. Black ops guy goes undercover as half of a newlywed couple with the girl his best friend is lusting after. To make it look real (there's surveillance) and to distract the bad guys, they get it on. And then, when nobody's watching, they do it again. Trey is trying to be the good guy and give his friend Jack a chance with Carly, so he's trying to pretend he was just doing his duty and it meant nothing. But neither Trey nor Carly can get over their experience... it ultimately ...more
Kellie Maddox-Ward
Wow this story is not fiction at all is it? *heavy dose of sarcasm*
I mean Trey has been frequenting Carly's bar for 2 years.
For the first time they talk. Trey's friend Jack is trying to get Carly's attention and she asks him questions about her, if he answers correctly she'll go out on a date with him. Jack can't answer any of them. Of course Trey can.
The next day Carly is brought into a top secret mission by the US Army. Of course she has to partner up withTrey
She's then sent overseas with him
Jae
A warning by the author: contains bad men with big guns and video cameras, and an unmarried couple who need to get naked and get busy acting very married to save both their country and their lives.

I loved Trey, the strong and silent kind of a guy. Since this is a Cat Johnson book, I've been expecting lotsa hot sex. And boy, the sex was indeed very HOT. I didn't mind the simple story line though, the bedroom scenes totally compensated it..

I'm moving along to Jack's story now..
Jackie  Kluyts - Kiwibooknerd
Aug 05, 2013 Jackie Kluyts - Kiwibooknerd rated it really liked it
Shelves: red-hot-blue
So the last few days I have been in a really bad FBS aka FREAKING BOOK SLUMP.....Seriously I was like 2 steps away from having to join some program or something as the shakes and depression from not reading a good book in days was starting to set in.... UNTIL....

this sweet, short, hot and sexy read by the talented Cat Johnson. I love military books so this is right up my alley....I cant wait to go read the next few books and hopefully elevate my days of FBS!!! Yipee
Lori
Jan 05, 2011 Lori rated it liked it
I really liked the honest emotions I felt from all the characters. They were all very well written. But the idea of the military recruiting a civilian to go in with a special ops team on a dangerous mission in a dangerous country was preposterous to me. (now watch - someone will know that it happens all the time LOL). So a 4 for the characters and a 2 for the story and the implausability of it all.
Teresa
May 08, 2016 Teresa rated it liked it
Uma short story sobre um soldado que parte em resgate de um colega com a mulher por quem nutre uma enorme atração mas não quer sucumbir à mesma: o seu melhor amigo tem um big crush por ela além de que não tem tempo para uma namorada.
No entanto, à medida que a ação se desenvolve Trey parece não conseguir resistir ... ou consegue?
Gigi
Nov 05, 2016 Gigi rated it liked it
This was fun and sexy and a great hetro read for a FBI agent lovin' fool like me. Yes, I prefer my FBI boys to like each other, but I'm quickly running out of M/M material and switched to M/F here.

Not to shabby!
Dawn
Oct 23, 2016 Dawn rated it liked it
3 Stars*** This was a short hot read, it was an enjoyable and fun read. The plot was good and I'll be reading more of this series to find out more about the other characters!
Jess
Apr 20, 2011 Jess rated it it was ok
Very meh. I might get Jack's book...he was the most interesting character in this one. Overall, didn't connect with the story.
Mrs. Badass
This was a great free short story. Suspend belief while reading about recruiting a civilian to go on a special ops mission and you will enjoy it too!
Dec 19, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
Hot, steamy lovin'. I liked it a lot.
Summerstar
Nov 04, 2016 Summerstar rated it really liked it
A very short read.. feels like the author is writing an episode for a drama titled and casted Task force hotties. That's how brief these series is.

Would have loved it if it was turned into a full book with a well developed plot and a satisfying epilogue for the H/h. Guess this is just the style of Ms. Johnson.
Shari
Oct 02, 2015 Shari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This review was originally posted on Delighted Reader

I had the honor of meeting Cat Johnson at Authors After Dark in New Orleans. This lady is a fireball! All I had read from her was her BB Dalton book which is free on Amazon. After hearing her talk, I knew I had to jump in and read her Red, Hot & Blue Series.This isn't a terribly long book, but it packs a punch on action and sexy scenes.

Trey Williams is a military man through and through. Nothing matters more than completing a mission and
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Military men can sometimes become jaded since they have seen and done so much. Trey is a bit like that but he has a best friend that still is fun and flirty and hopeful about life.

Jack has been crushing on Carly, the bartender at the local club him and Trey have been going to when they are home from assignment. Jack has been trying to get her to pay attention to him without any success. Trey has always been the silent partner, not interfering but somehow
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
3 stars

Why I Read this Book: It was a free Kindle book and would you just look at that cover!

What I Liked: There’s a bit of a love triangle going on in this book and I really wanted to find out how it was going to work out. Trey’s best friend, Jack, had eyes on Carly first. For 2 years Jack had been trying to get Carly to go out on a date with him but she’s set on her ‘no dating military men’ rule. She’s been burned in the past and she doesn’t want it to happen again. I thought the love triangle
Jamie Casey
May 14, 2014 Jamie Casey rated it really liked it
Military characters hold a special place in my heart and Trey was a perfect character in my eyes. I loved his attraction to Carly and how hard he fought against their shared chemistry and his attraction to her since his best friend had a crush on her.

Trey finds himself in a covert operation where he needs to go undercover as a married man, Mr Smith and when he sees what Mrs Smith looks like, Carly is his first thought. Their first kiss as a "married" couple happens in his Commander's office and
Pam
Jun 03, 2011 Pam rated it really liked it
Trey is book 1 in the Red Hot and Blue series. And what a fun sexy book. I am looking forward to Jack's story - which is book 2.

We meet Trey with his buddy Jack just enjoying the single life as they go on dangerous military assignments. They are part of the Black Ops team and are sent all over the world into dangerous situations. They meet up after work at a local bar near the base where they have a casual relationship with the bartender, Carly.

Carly is the actual owner of the bar and is ex-mil
Kindle Book Sharing: Trey by Cat Johnson 1 6 Jul 01, 2014 07:16AM
  • Nate (Devils on Horseback,  #1)
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Underground Guardians Box Set (Underground Guardians, #1-2)
  • Outspoken Angel (SEALS, Inc., #2)
  • Just Right (The Bradfords, #1)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Heat of Passion (Out of Uniform, #2)
  • Everyday, Average Jones / Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark and Dangerous #4-5)
  • SEALed with a Kiss (SEALed, #1)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • Playing Hardball
  • Lost in Shadows (Shadow Ops, #2)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Amazing Grace (The American Soldier Collection, #3)
  • Gemini Moon
  • Grave Illusions (Jess Vandermire, #1)
It all started in first grade when Cat Johnson won the essay contest at Hawthorne Elementary School and got to ride in the Chief of Police's car in the Memorial Day Parade...and the rest, as they say, is history. As an adult, Cat generally tries to stay out of police cars and is thrilled to be writing for a living. She has been published under a different name in the Young Adult genre, but ...more
More about Cat Johnson...

Red, Hot & Blue (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Jack (Red, Hot & Blue, #2)
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • Jared (Red, Hot & Blue, #4)
  • Cole (Red, Hot & Blue, #5)
  • Bobby (Red, Hot & Blue, #6)
  • A Few Good Men (Red, Hot & Blue, #7)
  • Model Soldier (Red, Hot & Blue, #8)
  • A Prince Among Men (Task Force Zeta, #6)
  • Bull (Red, Hot & Blue, #10)
  • Matt (Red, Hot & Blue, #11)