Trey (Red, Hot & Blue, #1)

Trey (Red, Hot & Blue #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  1,215 ratings  ·  98 reviews
They can t deny the heat it s the only thing keeping them alive.

Red Hot & Blue, Book 1

A distracted soldier is a dead solder. That s special operative Trey Williams motto. The last thing he needs in his life is a girlfriend. Problem is, the woman who s been recruited to pose as his wife on a special assignment is proving to be exactly the kind of distraction he can t af...more
Published April 20th 2010 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (first published January 11th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Trey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trey

Nobody's Hero by Kallypso MastersMasters at Arms by Kallypso MastersNobody's Angel by Kallypso MastersNobody's Perfect by Kallypso MastersSands of Betrayal by A.B. McKinley
Military Romance and Fiction
59th out of 441 books — 600 voters
Tempted by Megan HartThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonSexy Devil by Sasha WhiteLord of the Deep by Dawn ThompsonLover Mine by J.R. Ward
Hottest Romance/Erotica Covers
246th out of 883 books — 1,137 voters

More lists with this book...

Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy

Pretty short read but an enjoyable one. Trey is yummy alpha in a military. Carly is a bad-ass but yet a softie bartender.... throw in a bit of a tinsy tiny love triangle, some international espionage, a rescue and a hot, hot striptease that's caught on surveillance camera make this a perfect shortie read.
Bethany
Oct 10, 2012 Bethany rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bethany by: Jenn
Trey is hot, hot, hot!!! That was a fun, fast read. I liked how there wasn’t much back story and that it just jumped right into the story. Now I’m ready for Jack. Southern hottie here I come!
AnniLuvs
Very short delicious story about a military black-ops guy, Trey, who has to go undercover and pretend to be married to distract bad guys. Carly is a former military woman, who now owns and operate a bar where Trey and Jack frequent. Jack is after Carly, and Trey has been in the background watching Jack pursue Carly for years.

Secondary characters Jack, Matt and Jack's brother are mentioned, Jack seems really charming, a good 'ol Southern boy.

Angela
Cute quick read! Love military stories, but of course the instalove is a little annoying, but it was only 100 pages!
Nikki
I liked this but I wish it had been longer. The characters are good, Trey is hot! I liked Carly and the supporting characters too. The plot was good but I felt like there could have been more to it. The story went pretty fast and the ending was really great, again, I just wish it had been longer. I can't wait to read about the techie, Matt!
I really enjoyed this book, and that really surprised me. Yes, the scenes are contrived and you have to sort of suspend reality, but it was still a good, quick read. You end up feeling so bad for Jimmy even though in the beginning he wasn't seeing her as a woman. I'm actually interested in the rest of the team.
Krystal
I've never been a big "romance" reader (aside from Nora Roberts), so I was unsure what I would think about "Trey". But this book intrigued me from the get-go, the thought of military special ops was appealing to me, and it did not disappoint. You couldn't help but get caught up in the emotions of the characters. From Trey's internal struggle between his loyalty to Jack and his feelings for Carly, to Carly's own unwillingness to fall in love with another military man, the story is captivating fro...more
Robin (RBBR)
Mrs. Missive
Seriously Cat Johnson...How did you make a terrorist mission sexy? My inner exhibitionist was doing a supreme jig here. And it's a good thing our hero digs showing off with that whole implanted transmitter bit. (nope, not giving that away, you'll have to read to find out what the heck I'm talking about, but it's very Terminator if you ask me.)

Jack and Trey are best buddies in a super secret military organization. Luckily for them an enterprising young woman named Carly opened a bar near the bas...more
Jenn Scranton
Wow! Cat Johnson never disappoints on those sex scenes!!! At the end of that little escapade I was beat red, out of breath and desparately fanning myself to cool off! All while tuning out my husband who was laughing hysterically at my reaction, LOL.

I immediately liked Trey! Tall, brooding, handsome...intense. My favorite male adjective! *swoon*

This was a lot shorter than I originally expected, and I must admit that I wish it was longer, but it was a great, hot read!! At only 100 and some-odd pag...more
Ni_kii
Trey, Jimmy and Jack are military boys. Navy seals, they see a lot of action so they often need to unwind. Carly's bar is the watering hole of choice for the men of the base, as it's cheap, friendly and the waiting-on staff know not to ask any questions. Of course, another big draw for Jack and Trey is Carly herself, but so far she has been unwilling to play with either of them. Jack is convinced that Carly is "the one", so Trey backs off, no matter how many sparks fly between the two of them.

Wh...more
Heather in FL
This was a cute story. Black ops guy goes undercover as half of a newlywed couple with the girl his best friend is lusting after. To make it look real (there's surveillance) and to distract the bad guys, they get it on. And then, when nobody's watching, they do it again. Trey is trying to be the good guy and give his friend Jack a chance with Carly, so he's trying to pretend he was just doing his duty and it meant nothing. But neither Trey nor Carly can get over their experience... it ultimately...more
Jamie Casey
Military characters hold a special place in my heart and Trey was a perfect character in my eyes. I loved his attraction to Carly and how hard he fought against their shared chemistry and his attraction to her since his best friend had a crush on her.

Trey finds himself in a covert operation where he needs to go undercover as a married man, Mr Smith and when he sees what Mrs Smith looks like, Carly is his first thought. Their first kiss as a "married" couple happens in his Commander's office and...more
Jae
A warning by the author: contains bad men with big guns and video cameras, and an unmarried couple who need to get naked and get busy acting very married to save both their country and their lives.

I loved Trey, the strong and silent kind of a guy. Since this is a Cat Johnson book, I've been expecting lotsa hot sex. And boy, the sex was indeed very HOT. I didn't mind the simple story line though, the bedroom scenes totally compensated it..

I'm moving along to Jack's story now..
Jackie  Kluyts - Kiwibooknerd
So the last few days I have been in a really bad FBS aka FREAKING BOOK SLUMP.....Seriously I was like 2 steps away from having to join some program or something as the shakes and depression from not reading a good book in days was starting to set in.... UNTIL....

this sweet, short, hot and sexy read by the talented Cat Johnson. I love military books so this is right up my alley....I cant wait to go read the next few books and hopefully elevate my days of FBS!!! Yipee
Lori
I really liked the honest emotions I felt from all the characters. They were all very well written. But the idea of the military recruiting a civilian to go in with a special ops team on a dangerous mission in a dangerous country was preposterous to me. (now watch - someone will know that it happens all the time LOL). So a 4 for the characters and a 2 for the story and the implausability of it all.
Gigi
Feb 10, 2013 Gigi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: hetero
This was fun and sexy and a great hetro read for a FBI agent lovin' fool like me. Yes, I prefer my FBI boys to like each other, but I'm quickly running out of M/M material and switched to M/F here.

Not to shabby!
Tina
About the length of the average novella, Cat Johnson managed to load plenty of content and characters into Trey, book 1 in the Red, Hot, & Blue series.

Carly owns the bar across from the military base where Trey and his best friend, Jack, frequent. Jack fancies himself in love with Carly but Carly has a "no military" policy when it comes to dating.

The team is called in to run an undercover op, but need a female that just-so-happens to perfectly match Carly's description. While on the mission,...more
Erika  Badass
This was a great free short story. Suspend belief while reading about recruiting a civilian to go on a special ops mission and you will enjoy it too!
Jess
Very meh. I might get Jack's book...he was the most interesting character in this one. Overall, didn't connect with the story.
Hot, steamy lovin'. I liked it a lot.
Melindeeloo
2.5 stars - When a former military desk jockey turned bartender Carly is pulled into a special Ops mission because they need the 'wife' for a married couple being replaced by operatives in order to infiltrate an arms deal. She will have to take one for the team to provide the distraction needed to rescue an imprisioned operative and risk her loosing her heart to her sexy 'husband' Trey dispite her 'no military men' rule. And Trey is going to find himself breaking rules himself, 'cause Carly is o...more
Pam
Trey is book 1 in the Red Hot and Blue series. And what a fun sexy book. I am looking forward to Jack's story - which is book 2.

We meet Trey with his buddy Jack just enjoying the single life as they go on dangerous military assignments. They are part of the Black Ops team and are sent all over the world into dangerous situations. They meet up after work at a local bar near the base where they have a casual relationship with the bartender, Carly.

Carly is the actual owner of the bar and is ex-mil...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

Military men can sometimes become jaded since they have seen and done so much. Trey is a bit like that but he has a best friend that still is fun and flirty and hopeful about life.

Jack has been crushing on Carly, the bartender at the local club him and Trey have been going to when they are home from assignment. Jack has been trying to get her to pay attention to him without any success. Trey has always been the silent partner, not interfering but somehow...more
Karagan
Jack is a southern boy with all the charm that famously goes with it. For a while now, he's had the hots for the bartender that works at the closest bar to the base. Despite his constant pleas for a date, though, she's always put him off. And it makes sense, he doesn't know her name or even her eye color.

Two things of which Trey, Jack's best friend, makes it his business to know. But Trey isn't looking for a girlfriend, especially the one his best bud has his eyes on. But when Jack's brother's l...more
Beate
This book hits the ground running when it comes to intensity. Trey and Carly have an intense chemistry that neither can ignore. I just felt bad for Jack who'd been crushing on Carly for years. His crush ended up with his best friend. Kind of a sucky place to be.

What kind of threw me for a loop, was when Trey and Carly had to hook up while being watched by a bunch of bad guys, as well the good guys. Exhibitionism/voyeurism never appealed to me so that was a bit of a turn off. The scene itself was...more
Really fast pasted story which sometimes goes to fast.

Likeable characters with the main female lead, Carly, been a strong women while Trey sounds rather dashing but the end feels so rushed. The story just gets started and then its over in a blink of an eye. So many lose ends are left hanging that I came away a little bit disappointed. Will probably read the next instalments as Jack seems really charming but may wait to see if the other stories are available in a boxed set.
Livia
Fast paced and not as complicated as most Black Op stories, Cat Johnson's RED HOT & BLUE series features TREY and Carly, a former soldier and current owner of the local bar.

Early on in the story readers will become acquainted with the fact that Carly has a friendship with both Trey and his best friend Del. Del is crazy about Carly and makes no secret of it but so is Trey who decides to kept his feelings a secret. Carly on the other hand has made it a rule never to date military men having...more
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
Wow this story is not fiction at all is it? *heavy dose of sarcasm*
I mean Trey has been frequenting Carly's bar for 2 years.
For the first time they talk. Trey's friend Jack is trying to get Carly's attention and she asks him questions about her, if he answers correctly she'll go out on a date with him. Jack can't answer any of them. Of course Trey can.
The next day Carly is brought into a top secret mission by the US Army. Of course she has to partner up withTrey
She's then sent overseas with him...more
Kelly
I know that I'm not usually the biggest fan of contemporary, non-paranormal romances but this one really hit the spot for me. Trey was sexy, hot and he has that whole noble thing going for him that turns me into a puddle of goo.

Now, when Carly and Trey have to pretend to be married to save one of the men, it could have been... icky. If Trey had been less sympathetic of the position he was putting Carly in or if he had been less caring of the hurt he was causing his best friend, it might have jus...more
Kindle Book Sharing: Trey by Cat Johnson 1 4 Jul 01, 2014 07:16AM
  • Nate (Devils on Horseback,  #1)
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Heat Of The Night (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • Wild Desire (Wild, #2)
  • Daring (A-Tac, #3.5)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Just Right (Bradfords, #1)
  • SEALed with a Kiss (SEALed, #1)
  • Edge of Shadows (Shadow Ops, #3)
  • The Bite of Silence (Biting Love, #3)
  • Outspoken Angel (SEALS, Inc., #2)
  • Ghostly Awakening
  • Only Tyler (Circle of Friends, #1)
  • Razor's Edge (Men in Blue, #2)
  • Gemini Moon
  • Grave Illusions (Jess Vandermire, #1)
  • A Little Harmless Sex (Harmless, #1)
It all started in first grade when Cat Johnson won the essay contest at Hawthorne Elementary School and got to ride in the Chief of Police's car in the Memorial Day Parade...and the rest, as they say, is history. As an adult, Cat generally tries to stay out of police cars and is thrilled to be writing for a living. She has been published under a different name in the Young Adult genre, but release...more
More about Cat Johnson...
UnRidden (Studs in Spurs, #1) Bucked (Studs in Spurs, #2) One Night with a Cowboy (Oklahoma Nights, #1) Ride (Studs in Spurs, #3) Hooked (Studs in Spurs #4)