Dreamfever (Fever, #4)

Dreamfever (Fever #4)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  49,206 ratings  ·  2,957 reviews
MacKayla Lane lies naked on the cold stone floor of a church, at the mercy of the erotic Fae master she once swore to kill. Far from home, unable to control her sexual hungers, MacKayla is now fully under the Lord Master’s spell.…In New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning’s stunning new novel, the walls between human and Fae worlds have come crashing down. And...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 400 pages
Published August 18th 2009 by Delacorte Press

Darkfever by Karen Marie MoningFaefever by Karen Marie MoningBloodfever by Karen Marie MoningDreamfever by Karen Marie MoningShadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
Fairies and all things Fey
4th out of 84 books — 29 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardShadowfever by Karen Marie MoningLover Revealed by J.R. Ward
Paranormal Romance - NOT Young Adult
49th out of 261 books — 61 voters

More lists with this book...

Lyndsey
SPOILER FREE -HAPPY DAAAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!

Well, frak me, spank my petunia and call me Susie!! If your Jericho Barrons, that is. He could call me Susie, Fiona, Mac (Miss Lane if your nasty). Whatever the hell he wants to call me.

Gawd, if you thought Barrons was naughtee with double e's in the other books, I'm here to tell you that he is naughteeeeeee with infinite e's in this one!! Seriously, some of the other girls have already agreed with me that we need to find this man and spank him. So, who's w...more
Kat Kennedy
When I finished this book, I jumped up and down on the bed, tossed junk on the floor and screamed. I pulled at my hair and threw pillows mercilessly at the wall, annoyed that they didn't BREAK the wall and only landed with a less than satisfying thud before tumbling to the ground.

This was an excellent book, as all the others are, with deep and interesting characters, character growth, a brave new world to explore with excellent writing, as I've come to expect from Ms. Moning. Rich in language (t...more
Mo
Nov 13, 2013 Mo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 5-stars

WOW, great start to this one.

BARRONS

MAC

I always wanted to own a bookshop when I was younger. I was raised on books, no ipods, mac books, ipads, PCs, kindles for lil’ ol’ me. It was Enid Blyton all the way.

Doubt if many bookstores like this even exist anymore, the chains have taken over, the Chapters, the Waterstones, the Easons, the Barnes and Nobles.
“Our sex is fierce. We will both be bruised.

"I want it to always be like this," I tell him.

"Try holding onto that thought."

"I do not n
Tatiana
Sep 17, 2012 Tatiana rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kat Kennedy
WTH? Who ends books like this? What was the point? As if I wouldn't read Shadowfever without this awful cliffhanger. Dreamfever's cliffhanger ending really touched my nerve. I was barely able to tolerate Faefever's mid-scene cut-off, mainly because I had the next installment readily available to me, but this time I have to wait for almost 6 months to see what happens! Pardon my language, but that's a fecked up thing to do to the readers!

Ok, I am going to calm down now.

Dreamfever starts where Fa...more
Soraya

5 ASTONISHING, ACTION PACKED, DELICIOUSLY FRUSTRATING, ALL CONSUMING, MOTHER OF ALL CLIFFHANGERS STARS

They may have stolen my past but I will never let them take my future.

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 and then some millions Petunia-kicking and FECKing amazing Stars

We’re taking back the night!

I am Mac. And I‘m back...

description

Sisters.... after THAT ending I am starting the next and when my heart starts slowing down and I am sure that I won't die, I am promising you one HELL of a review deserving of this tremendously amazing book!

Jericho, MY LOVE, what the HELL??

Flannery

Other thoughts:
(view spoiler)
Christina
I don't get it. Why does it always seem so essential that strong,independent heroines must be treated to a life-altering,almost always traumatic experience in order to come into full bloom? Is it not possible that strength of character is naturally-occuring,not forced out by necessity? Must it always come down to something? It is something I have encountered in one too many books lately.

That's what really bothered me in Dreamfever.I absolutely love the Fever series and had grown extremely fond o...more
Lora
For those who don't have Facebook and didn't see this . . .

Moning posted a deleted scene from Dreamfever on her Facebook page on 4/21/13. Here it is in full, but be warned, it is spoilery unless you've read all of Dreamfever:

Deleted Scene/DREAMFEVER

“You’re not the only fucking one that got branded!” Barrons slammed his fist into the wall behind my head. Bits of plaster dusted my shoulders.

Oh, really? I wasn’t the only one walking around with a mark on me I didn’t want? Our gazes locked and I je
Khanh (Destroyer of Dreams)
In my experience, sensory discordance has almost always been limited to audio/visual. For example, seeing Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen (Legolas and Aragorn, to the uninformed---I weep for you) standing next to Peter Jackson. Or maybe drifting off to sleep to the soothing sound of a solo violin, only to be blasted awake by the some angry riffs of Japanese hair metal that for some fucking reason I idiotically decided I want included in my "sleepytime" playlist a few days back.

I didn't know th...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

MONING KNOWS HOW TO FUCK WITH ME!

She expertly teases you to the point of sobbing, until you’re dying from anticipation. When you think you know what to expect, she completely turns you for a loop and you are left feeling exasperated. But even when you don’t think you can handle anymore, her writing gnaws at you until you give in to your next fix.

I’ve grown mad over this series and I wouldn’t have it any other way!!

DREAMFEVER was my favourite of the Fever series. Readin...more
♡Karlyn P♡
Whew! What a fecken rush!! Just finished it!
(NO SPOILERS, just my thoughts.)

Love the series and this book! Despite it being nearly midnight here, I don't think I'll be able to sleep for several hours as I need to clear my mind and decrease my heart rate. If you've already read this book, you know how hard that is going to be!

The paranormal elements of the series is really starting to intensify, with more creatures, magic, danger and worldly realms. I am completed sucked into this world.

The st...more
Litchick (is stuck in the 19th century)
You tried, you really did. You thought that it would be enough, prayed that it would be enough. But it wasn’t. The four horsemen have come, the world as you know it is over and you had a front row seat for its demise.

But don’t worry, it gets worse. Your will has been stripped from you, you’ve been violated on every conceivable level, your enemies have turned you into a mindless slave and you’re totally and completely alone.

…or so you think.

What would you do in this situation? With the fate of...more
Beth F.
So I actually threw this book across the room when I finished it. I was frustrated and upset and god dammit, I needed more except there wasn't any more to be had. Cliffhanger City. Again! AAARGH!!!

It's a good thing my husband is a sound sleeper, although it did startle both the cats (who've started sleeping with us again now that it's getting chilly at night). And after recovering from my childish burst of emotion, I had to heave my big, pregnant belly out of bed, waddle across the room, bend ov...more
Loederkoningin
What the fuck...Jericho Barrons plays Rob Zombie's Pussy Liquor for a pri-ya Mac. How badass can this man get? Wheww, what can I say...? I mean, I approve.

And dear KMM, if this isn't revenge then I don't know what is. Annoyed and unimpressed as I was with the first book in this series, Darkfever - I even recall labeling that one urban fantasy Stephanie Plum novels: entertaining but hardly impressive - I TAKE IT ALL BACK.

There was a time - merely days ago since these books are all-nighters - whe...more
Giselle
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? If I didn't have book #5 I would be FURIOUS. She can't leave us hanging like THAT!! Mean, mean woman!

Oh my god. This book ends on a Huge cliffhanger so beware! In this 4th instalment, all hell has broken loose and Mac has been through worse than hell. Or maybe not? I'm not sure. It didn't seem so bad, right? (haha). The novel starts strong and keeps going with tons of energy. But, not surprisingly, the questions are still piling up. We got a teasing glance in Barrons past, but...more
Basuhi (Is not reading anymore)
After reviewing the last three books I thought, why not review all of them while I'm at it.

Okay who am I kidding ?

I just couldn't resist reviewing this. So.

The plot turns darker.

How is that possible, you ask ?
I was myself gaping wide-mouthed (not really, but you get it, right ?) at all the twists and turns added. Any semblance of normalcy goes 'poof' and the aberrations have flooded the city of Dublin. Billions of human populace has been wiped off and well, shit just got insane. Insanely real...more
Amy (Foxy)
**4.5 Dream stars***

Dreamfever is broken into 3 parts. Mac is still on her journey for answers. Each time she gets close to finding answers something happens to keep her from getting those answers.

PART 1
“Who are you?”
“I am no one.”

PART 2
I am Mac and I am back!
Face what is out there and become stronger for them.

PART 3
I was the hall and the hall was me.
I was all possibles and it was the most terrifying feeling I’ve ever felt.

Holy cliffhangers!

SERIES:
Darkfever (Fever, #1) Bloodfever (Fever, #2) Faefever (Fever, #3) Dreamfever (Fever, #4) Shadowfever (Fever, #5) Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1; Fever, #6) Burned (Dani O'Malley, #2; Fever, #7) Flayed (Dani O'Malley, #3; Fever, #8) Untitled (Fever, #9) Untitled (Fever, #10)
Book 1 - 5 MacKayla & Barron...more
Arlene
Feb 27, 2012 Arlene rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Arlene by: Buddy read - Crystal
Wow! That was an explosive installment! I have to say that I really loved every aspect of Dreamfever. There was so much happening, a ton of game changers, and a constant flow of action that I feel this book really redeemed this series for me in a big way.

It took me over a year to get over what happened to Mac in Faefever. It was hard for me to see a main character that I was really coming to adore violated in a such a horrible way. But in Dreamfever we see a whole new Mac and holy unseelie munc...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Once again, I'm left in a quandry by Karen Marie Moning's latest "Dreamfever". It doesn't end on quite the same level of cliffhanger as "Faefever", but it was close enough to leave me wondering whether to scream in ecstasy or anguish. Ecstasy because this series is just so darn good...or anguish because now I'll have to wait (probably another year) for the final book of the series "Shadowfever".

This series is intense and DARK. The author has said (several times) that it came to her as a whole an...more
Kim
Both beginning and ending of this book are... quite something.

I enjoyed the first part very much and I'll have to read the last part again, because so much happened and I don't want to spoil it for anybody, but at the end... Oh Mac (I'm using my disappointed voice here)

Mac keeps on evolving, changing, becoming what's she's meant to be, with Barrons breathing down her neck with every single step she takes (and that's exactly how I like it).

I kinda missed their bantering from the previous books,...more
~ Irene ♥s ~ Søren ~ Ben O'Callahan ~ Joe Callahan ~ Javier ~ Spin ~ Isaac ~
I feel for those who read these books as they came out and had to wait for the next one in order to continue!

I said this in my [super short] review of book 3 but I'll say it again about the ending (book 3 and this one): "WTF???????" I know that "you know who" is alive, however, it raises some questions like (view spoiler). Or m...more
FlibBityFLooB
The first part of the book was written very differently from the other books in the series. I had not been sure at the end of book 3 if the author was going to be forced to use a deus ex machina scenario for the characters to recover from the horrific events that had taken place. I think the way that the author wrote part one of this book actually overcame that need, making a somewhat logical transition for the characters to evolve back to normalcy. At first, I didn’t like how the section of the...more
Crystal~BIG book addict~
4.5 Mind Boggling Stars!

I am keeping this review very vague because so much happens in this one I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't read the first three books.

Mac is still trying to figure out who her sister's killer was and doesn't feel like she is getting any closer. For every question she gets answered, 10 more pop up.

photo null_zps731103a1.jpg

The relationship has taken a turn between Mac and Barrons. They have a definitely love/hate relationship.

“Four: If you try to force yourself into my head, I will fo...more
Shawna
Aug 26, 2011 Shawna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Fans of dark urban fantasy
Shelves: pnr-angeldemon-fae-magic-witch-misc, karen-marie-moning, series-fever, urban-fantasy, hero-or-heroine-or-setting-irish, scifi-futuristic-fantasy-misc-pnr, amnesia, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, pnr-vampires, pnr-occult-magic, psychic-special-abilities-powers, revenge-deception-secrets-lies, apocalypse-postapocalyptic-dystopia, assassin-hitman, archaeology-antiquities-scholar, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, bikes-grease-monkey-hot-rods-racer, bikers-sexy-as-sin, badasses-hunks-in-leather, hero-brooding, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-alpha‎, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, hero-tattalizing, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, hh-smart-intellectual-brainy-geek, hh-warrior, sizable-packages, tattoos-piercings-body-art, action-adventure-treasure-hunting, horror-mystery-suspense-thrillers, love-triangle-vying-courtships, 2011-reads, 4-stars, dubious-consent-force-nonconsensual, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, first-person-pov, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, hero-antihero-gamma, hero-bad-boy-playboy, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-or-heroine-exotic, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-walking-hardon, heroine-beautiful-bombshell, hh-addiction-recovery-sobriety, i-read-library, steam-2-warm, highlanders-hunks-in-kilts-scots, pnr-dragons-raptors-shifters, hero-bad-guy-ruthless-villainous, hero-uber-alpha-domineering, badass-kickass-motha-fucka, hero-dark-scary-cool-dangerous-dude, hero-sharp-dressed-man, hero-hot-car-sexy-costly-ride, hero-recluse-loner-lonewolf, villain-uber-bad-nasty
4 stars – Urban Fantasy

(view spoiler)
Mel
Dreamfever is the fourth book in the Fever series and it did a pretty good job to make me hate Mac. As much as it surprised me, I kinda liked the dense barbie girl in the first book. Mainly because she admitted to her weaknesses and showed potential in her resolve to adapt to her new situation and change into a tougher version of herself. But if I had known then that Mac's new and improved version would turn out to be a complete and self absorbed bitch, I would have stopped reading two books ago...more
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*

Ummm, just no words. I have finished this crazy crazy ride. I'm über pissed, sad.....

I'll probably need to revise this, I just finished and I'm rambling, but since I'm heading straight into the next I felt I should put some sort of....something down.

The majority of this book I have been severely pissed at Mac. I find Barrons to be her one true person to trust and she just won't give him anything. How many time does the "dude" have to save her life, bring her back from pri-ya, have her back befo...more
5 MILLION SAVAGE GUARDIAN STARS!!!!!!!!!

It’s official. This book sealed the deal. This book and series is one of my favorites OF ALL TIME.

Who the fuck are you?

This series is jam-packed with epicness!!!! (That’s right. I made up the word epicness for this review.)

If my baby girl wasn’t taking a nap while I was reading this book, I would have shouted these things,

“Go get ‘em, girl!”
“You go girl!”
“Yeah you did”
“Hell yeah!”
“Woo hoo!”
“Shit!”
“Holy hotness!”
“I love this fucking book!!!!”

We’re not try...more
Büşra Bal
Önce bu kitabın yazarı için şunu söylemek istiyorum. What's Wrong with Her????????

O sonu yazmaya elin nasıl vardı kadın !!! Bu sondan sonra iyi ki 5.kitap hakkında spoiler almışım diyorum,yoksa yüreğim elvermezdi okumaya.

Bu seriyi ne kadar sevdiğimi bilmeyen kalmadı artık.Bir kez daha ne kadar haklı olduğumu anladım sevmekte. Karen marie moning,apayrı bir yazar.

3.kitabı okuyanlar Mac'i ne halde bıraktığımızı hatırlayacaktır. Kendisi fae'ler tarafında Pri-ya haline getirildi.Kitabın başında Mac...more
Rhonda
What a great series so far!!!!
I have really enjoyed this series from beginning to end. The third installment was a bit challenging for me to finish, but I’m so glad I did!! Dreamfever definitely made up for any disappointments I had with the 3rd book.
This is an Urban Fantasy delight! I have enjoyed the characters so much. MacKayla Lane-Sedhe-seer extraordinaire, V’lane-Seelie death-by-sex Fae Prince (xoxo), Dani-tough as nails 13yr old Sedhe-seer, Jericho Barrons-?? Still don’t know what exactl...more
Moning Maniacs: Dreamfever (Book #4) 167 317 Jan 26, 2014 01:17PM
Karen Marie Moning: I need help 3 34 Nov 22, 2013 06:39PM
Can anyone make sense of JZB? 19 144 Nov 22, 2013 04:57PM
Strong female characters in romance 12 170 May 23, 2013 03:51AM
Buddy Read Zone: Dreamfever 532 64 May 06, 2013 11:49AM
Saucy Wenches Boo...: Fever Group Read--Dreamfever 6 14 Feb 25, 2013 04:18PM
Quote from the Book 2 71 Nov 27, 2012 11:36AM
  • Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2)
  • Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)
  • Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2)
  • Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2)
  • Iron Crowned (Dark Swan, #3)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, #2)
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2)
Karen Marie Moning (rhymes with 'awning') is a # 1 New York Times bestselling author of 15 novels, including the RITA award-winning Highlander novels and the internationally bestselling urban fantasy "Fever" series. Her books have been published in nearly 40 languages, and her events draw fans from all over the world.

Moning graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor's degree in Society and...more
More about Karen Marie Moning...
Darkfever (Fever, #1) Shadowfever (Fever, #5) Bloodfever (Fever, #2) Faefever (Fever, #3) Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1)

“You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl.” 744 likes
“He shakes me."Say my name."
"No."
"Damn it,would you just cooperate?"
"I do not know that word,'cooperate.'"
"Obviously,"he growls.
"I think you make up words."
"I do not make up words."
"Do,too."
"Do not."
"Too."
"Not."
I laugh
"Woman you make me crazed,"he mutters.
We do this often.Get into childish arguments.He is stubborn,my beast.”
432 likes