Start by marking “Dreamfever (Fever, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dreamfever (Fever, #4)

Dreamfever (Fever #4)

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  61,228 ratings  ·  3,400 reviews
MacKayla Lane lies naked on the cold stone floor of a church, at the mercy of the erotic Fae master she once swore to kill. Far from home, unable to control her sexual hungers, MacKayla is now fully under the Lord Master’s spell.…In New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning’s stunning new novel, the walls between human and Fae worlds have come crashing down. And ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 400 pages
Published August 18th 2009 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Dreamfever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamfever

Darkfever by Karen Marie MoningFaefever by Karen Marie MoningBloodfever by Karen Marie MoningDreamfever by Karen Marie MoningShadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
Fairies and all things Fey
4th out of 148 books — 35 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardThe Secret of Excalibur by Sahara FoleyLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Revealed by J.R. Ward
Paranormal Romance - NOT Young Adult
50th out of 273 books — 77 voters

More lists with this book...

Lyndsey
SPOILER FREE -HAPPY DAAAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!

Well, frak me, spank my petunia and call me Susie!! If your Jericho Barrons, that is. He could call me Susie, Fiona, Mac (Miss Lane if your nasty). Whatever the hell he wants to call me.

Gawd, if you thought Barrons was naughtee with double e's in the other books, I'm here to tell you that he is naughteeeeeee with infinite e's in this one!! Seriously, some of the other girls have already agreed with me that we need to find this man and spank him. So, who's w
Kat Stark

First Book: Darkfever
Second Book: Bloodfever
Third Book: Faefever

Fifth Book: Shadowfever
Sixth Book (Dani's POV): Iced

Wow. I mean WOW. That was some powerful shit.

It is VIDEO REVIEW worthy. SO HERE YOU GO! <--it also is a little over 10 minutes long. HEADSUP!

WARNING: This sorta has spoilers. I mean lots of theories out there that are just my own, but still if I am right --which I believe so-- then they are MEGA spoilers.

If I am wrong then...poop. It's mostly my reactions to the book anyway
Kat Kennedy
When I finished this book, I jumped up and down on the bed, tossed junk on the floor and screamed. I pulled at my hair and threw pillows mercilessly at the wall, annoyed that they didn't BREAK the wall and only landed with a less than satisfying thud before tumbling to the ground.

This was an excellent book, as all the others are, with deep and interesting characters, character growth, a brave new world to explore with excellent writing, as I've come to expect from Ms. Moning. Rich in language (t
Tatiana
Dec 22, 2014 Tatiana rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kat Kennedy
WTH? Who ends books like this? What was the point? As if I wouldn't read Shadowfever without this awful cliffhanger. Dreamfever's cliffhanger ending really touched my nerve. I was barely able to tolerate Faefever's mid-scene cut-off, mainly because I had the next installment readily available to me, but this time I have to wait for almost 6 months to see what happens! Pardon my language, but that's a fecked up thing to do to the readers!

Ok, I am going to calm down now.

Dreamfever starts where Fa
Mo
Nov 13, 2013 Mo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 5-stars

WOW, great start to this one.

BARRONS

MAC

I always wanted to own a bookshop when I was younger. I was raised on books, no ipods, mac books, ipads, PCs, kindles for lil’ ol’ me. It was Enid Blyton all the way.

Doubt if many bookstores like this even exist anymore, the chains have taken over, the Chapters, the Waterstones, the Easons, the Barnes and Nobles.
“Our sex is fierce. We will both be bruised.

"I want it to always be like this," I tell him.

"Try holding onto that thought."

"I do not n
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
In my experience, sensory discordance has almost always been limited to audio/visual. For example, seeing Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen (Legolas and Aragorn, to the uninformed---I weep for you) standing next to Peter Jackson. Or maybe drifting off to sleep to the soothing sound of a solo violin, only to be blasted awake by the some angry riffs of Japanese hair metal that for some fucking reason I idiotically decided I want included in my "sleepytime" playlist a few days back.

I didn't know th
Navessa
You tried, you really did. You thought that it would be enough, prayed that it would be enough. But it wasn’t. The four horsemen have come, the world as you know it is over and you had a front row seat for its demise.

But don’t worry, it gets worse. Your will has been stripped from you, you’ve been violated on every conceivable level, your enemies have turned you into a mindless slave and you’re totally and completely alone.

…or so you think.

What would you do in this situation? With the fate of
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
First reread with my girl Tanya, January 2015.

Think you'll be getting another review out of me after this reread?
Think again. I don't have time for this. A dead beast awaits .

********

Original review: November 2014

Out of control buddy read with my MacHalo girls starting November, 24 2014.

Up until a few weeks ago, my life had been pretty much gif-less. I've always been one for words, not for silly images. I'm no longer 15 for God's sake! Well, that's what I was telling myself anyway. Then our in
Christina
I don't get it. Why does it always seem so essential that strong,independent heroines must be treated to a life-altering,almost always traumatic experience in order to come into full bloom? Is it not possible that strength of character is naturally-occuring,not forced out by necessity? Must it always come down to something? It is something I have encountered in one too many books lately.

That's what really bothered me in Dreamfever.I absolutely love the Fever series and had grown extremely fond o
Flannery

Other thoughts:
Jennifer Kyle
*5 Fecking Stars*

description

After the way the last book ended I had to go immediately into this one and let me tell you…it was intense, action packed and oh so sexy.

Mac has been turned Pri-ya after the brutal ending of the last book. There is only one who can save her and bring her back and oh friends he sure does!

” “Our sex is fierce. We will both be bruised.

"I want it to always be like this," I tell him.

"Try holding onto that thought."

"I do not need to try. I will never feel differently."

Embarrass
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 and then some millions Petunia-kicking and FECKing amazing Stars

We’re taking back the night!

I am Mac. And I‘m back...

description

Sisters.... after THAT ending I am starting the next and when my heart starts slowing down and I am sure that I won't die, I am promising you one HELL of a review deserving of this tremendously amazing book!

Jericho, MY LOVE, what the HELL??

Lora
For those who don't have Facebook and didn't see this . . .

Moning posted a deleted scene from Dreamfever on her Facebook page on 4/21/13. Here it is in full, but be warned, it is spoilery unless you've read all of Dreamfever:

Deleted Scene/DREAMFEVER

“You’re not the only fucking one that got branded!” Barrons slammed his fist into the wall behind my head. Bits of plaster dusted my shoulders.

Oh, really? I wasn’t the only one walking around with a mark on me I didn’t want? Our gazes locked and I je
♡Karlyn P♡
Whew! What a fecken rush!! Just finished it!
(NO SPOILERS, just my thoughts.)

Love the series and this book! Despite it being nearly midnight here, I don't think I'll be able to sleep for several hours as I need to clear my mind and decrease my heart rate. If you've already read this book, you know how hard that is going to be!

The paranormal elements of the series is really starting to intensify, with more creatures, magic, danger and worldly realms. I am completed sucked into this world.

The st
Jonnie
So it turns out I can't write a review at work because 1. I adopt caveman dialogue (book good. me like. barrons hump.) and 2. I look hella suspicious, which leads to my boss thinking that I google dirty things at work (half-truth).

description

So with that being said, it's now 8:14pm and I now feel the need to vent my Fever love with a side of banana milk.

If you couldn't already tell, I'm wonderfully, inexorably infatuated with this series. Not only will I re-read ALL the books over and over again, but Barr
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

MONING KNOWS HOW TO FUCK WITH ME!

She expertly teases you to the point of sobbing, until you’re dying from anticipation. When you think you know what to expect, she completely turns you for a loop and you are left feeling exasperated. But even when you don’t think you can handle anymore, her writing gnaws at you until you give in to your next fix.

I’ve grown mad over this series and I wouldn’t have it any other way!!

DREAMFEVER was my favourite of the Fever series. Readin
Giselle
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? If I didn't have book #5 I would be FURIOUS. She can't leave us hanging like THAT!! Mean, mean woman!

Oh my god. This book ends on a Huge cliffhanger so beware! In this 4th instalment, all hell has broken loose and Mac has been through worse than hell. Or maybe not? I'm not sure. It didn't seem so bad, right? (haha). The novel starts strong and keeps going with tons of energy. But, not surprisingly, the questions are still piling up. We got a teasing glance in Barrons past, but
Sh3lly ♛ Queen of Dragons and Wandering Crustaceans ♛
First Read: September 2014
Second Read: November 2014

New thoughts on the second read:

This is pretty much the sidhe-seers book. After we get past the delicious beginning of the book (view spoiler), the whole middle is pretty much about Mac getting to know Dani, Kat, and trying to figure out how to outwit Rowena. It's about her trying to find a way to get the abbey girls to trust her and work with her. I didn't find this as interesting as the f
Beth F.
So I actually threw this book across the room when I finished it. I was frustrated and upset and god dammit, I needed more except there wasn't any more to be had. Cliffhanger City. Again! AAARGH!!!

It's a good thing my husband is a sound sleeper, although it did startle both the cats (who've started sleeping with us again now that it's getting chilly at night). And after recovering from my childish burst of emotion, I had to heave my big, pregnant belly out of bed, waddle across the room, bend ov
Carole (Carole's Random Life)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

5 Stars!

I originally gave this book 4 stars for some strange reason. What on earth was I thinking?!?! This is a 5 star book without question. I have read it 3 times and plan to read many more time during my life. It really is that good. This book gives up the moment that we have all been waiting for - you know what I am talking about. Let me just say Chapters 4 and 5 - most fans know exactly what happens in those 2 chapters. I know I will alw
Amy (Foxy)
**4.5 Dream stars***

Dreamfever is broken into 3 parts. Mac is still on her journey for answers. Each time she gets close to finding answers something happens to keep her from getting those answers.

PART 1
“Who are you?”
“I am no one.”

PART 2
I am Mac and I am back!
Face what is out there and become stronger for them.

PART 3
I was the hall and the hall was me.
I was all possibles and it was the most terrifying feeling I’ve ever felt.

Holy cliffhangers!

SERIES:
Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Iced (Dani O'Malley, #1; Fever, #6) by Karen Marie Moning Burned (Dani O'Malley, #2; Fever, #7) by Karen Marie Moning Flayed (Dani O'Malley, #3; Fever, #8) by Karen Marie Moning Untitled (Fever, #9) by Karen Marie Moning Untitled (Fever, #10) by Karen Marie Moning
Book 1 - 5 MacKayla & Bar
Erica Ravenclaw

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

You guiz. YOU GUIZ.

photo tumblr_lygaw0YBO41rn173ko1_500_zps8gcjwbmq.gif

I'm feeling that icky anxious feeling, I've read these too fast, it's over too soon. If you don't know my feelings about Iced, please see my review, because,for real, I'm not ready for this to be over.

Bonus: I'm coming up on completing my 3rd reread (although I've read Iced serval times, don't look at me like that, you don't know my life) and I can not foresee a future where once a year, I don't get a hankering to READ THEM ALL AG
Liz*
First Re-read: November 2014

"Now I've lost everything."
*__*

And I just dove in thinking: "Hey, I know what will happen. It's perfectly okay." But I'll tell you the truth:

You told me I was your world.
(view spoiler)

"If he touched me right now, I might be nice. If he was nice right now, I might touch him."
(view spoiler)

"Do you miss fucking me, Ms. Lane?" he purred against my ear. [...] “You want more of me, don’t you, Barrons? I got under your skin deep. I hope you
Alice

I'm at a loss for words..just.. WOW.
Alienor ☠ is stuck on the Jellicoe Road ☠
Wow, hello, awesome book!

Where we stayed : in a King Size bed (yeah, I know, I know), an abbey ruled by a dumb bitch, a bus full of guns, a Fairy jungle hidden in the road, a hopeless cell, an asshole head (Now,that was pretty great), near dangerous cactus, in a circle of pee (yeah, I know, I know (2))... Mostly in Dublin.

Best part of the book : Emergence of Mac.4 Finally, the girl realizes that if everybody has an agenda, she has to follow hers. Whatever it takes.

Coolest thing we saw
Arlene
Feb 27, 2012 Arlene rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Arlene by: Buddy read - Crystal
Wow! That was an explosive installment! I have to say that I really loved every aspect of Dreamfever. There was so much happening, a ton of game changers, and a constant flow of action that I feel this book really redeemed this series for me in a big way.

It took me over a year to get over what happened to Mac in Faefever. It was hard for me to see a main character that I was really coming to adore violated in a such a horrible way. But in Dreamfever we see a whole new Mac and holy unseelie munc
Loederkoningin
What the fuck...Jericho Barrons plays Rob Zombie's Pussy Liquor for a pri-ya Mac. How badass can this man get? Wheww, what can I say...? I mean, I approve.

And dear KMM, if this isn't revenge then I don't know what is. Annoyed and unimpressed as I was with the first book in this series, Darkfever - I even recall labeling that one urban fantasy Stephanie Plum novels: entertaining but hardly impressive - I TAKE IT ALL BACK.

There was a time - merely days ago since these books are all-nighters - whe
Danae
I love Mac. I always have, even in her pink and rainbow days, but now her awesomeness is starting to shine. She's officially a badass now, doing what needs to be done. She doesn't want to have to depend on anyone anymore and I think she's starting to do an incredible job of it.

Dreamfever is a lot darker than the previous books, in more ways than one, and I absolutely loved it. Everything is starting to piece itself together, in more ways than one, and I'm excited to see it all come together agai
Brenna
This series is getting more and more intense with each book. Holy shit, some of the things in this one truly shocked me and I loved every moment of it! I feel like I’m the last person on the planet to read this series, but in the off chance that I’m not, stop reading here – huge spoilers ahead.

After the major cliffhanger in Faefever, this one begins with Mac being Pri-ya, basically a mindless sex slave after being raped by three (four?) Unseelie Princes. I am still in complete shock about how th
Ronyell
Jericho

Remember when I said that “Faefever” is probably the darkest book in Karen Marie Moning’s famous “Fever” series? Well, I think that the fourth book in the “Fever” series, “Dreamfever” managed to beat “Faefever” in the darkness category by a mere mile with its tragic twists for the characters!

After MacKayla Lane gets brutally taken advantage of by the Lord Master in the last book, she is more determined than ever to bring her sister Alina’s murderer to justice and save the world as the walls betw
Turning Pages At ...: Dreamfever (Fever #4) by Karen Marie Moning 15 10 May 18, 2015 07:24AM
LIVE discussion of Faefever & Dreamfever 1 18 Oct 27, 2014 04:43PM
Moning Maniacs: Dreamfever (Book #4) 168 349 Sep 15, 2014 03:12PM
Karen Marie Moning: I need help 3 47 Nov 22, 2013 06:39PM
Can anyone make sense of JZB? 19 180 Nov 22, 2013 04:57PM
Strong female characters in romance 12 187 May 23, 2013 03:51AM
Buddy Read Zone: Dreamfever 532 70 May 06, 2013 11:49AM
  • City of Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #3)
  • Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3)
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #3)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
Karen Marie Moning is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the sizzling Urban Fantasy FEVER Novels set in Dublin, featuring MacKayla Lane and Jericho Barrons, and the paranormal romance HIGHLANDER Series, with fifteen books in print in thirty-six countries.

She is a winner of the prestigious Romance Writers of America RITA award, and multiple RITA nominee. She graduated from Purdue Universit
More about Karen Marie Moning...

Fever (10 books)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
  • Faefever (Fever, #3)
  • Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
  • Iced (Fever, #6)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • Feversong (Fever, #9)
  • Untitled (Fever, #10)
Darkfever (Fever, #1) Shadowfever (Fever, #5) Faefever (Fever, #3) Bloodfever (Fever, #2) Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander, #1)

“You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl.” 829 likes
“He shakes me."Say my name."
"No."
"Damn it,would you just cooperate?"
"I do not know that word,'cooperate.'"
"Obviously,"he growls.
"I think you make up words."
"I do not make up words."
"Do,too."
"Do not."
"Too."
"Not."
I laugh
"Woman you make me crazed,"he mutters.
We do this often.Get into childish arguments.He is stubborn,my beast.”
462 likes