Start by marking “The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)

The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms #4)

4.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  24,752 Ratings  ·  1,978 Reviews
A thousand years ago, two young lovers were betrayed-Alger Waterlow to his death, and Hanalea, Queen of the Fells, to a life without love.

Now, once again, the Queendom of the Fells seems likely to shatter apart. For young queen Raisa ana'Marianna, maintaining peace even within her own castle walls is nearly impossible; tension between wizards and Clan has reached a fevere
Published October 23rd 2012 by Hyperion Book CH

To ask other readers questions about The Crimson Crown, please sign up.

Deileenx i think the fact that Han didnt become king is what really made this story unique, lets face it every time theres a guy who dosent wanna be king he…morei think the fact that Han didnt become king is what really made this story unique, lets face it every time theres a guy who dosent wanna be king he still ends up king. Han was one of the few mc who stuck with his belief.(less)
YA Novels of 2012
73rd out of 1,327 books — 10,645 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
103rd out of 2,456 books — 15,862 voters

More lists with this book...

Natasa
Mar 13, 2012 Natasa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My reaction upon seeing the cover:

Seeing the release date:

Realizing how far the release date is:

Realizing how LONG I'll have to wait:

Understanding that even though the publisher is not to blame, it is STILL their fault it is so. FAR. AWAY:

Realizing that there's nothing I can do about it and accepting my fate:

And in the end, realizing I will always love Cinda Williams Chima for delivering such a MASSIVELYBRILLIANTWICKEDAWESOME series:

UPDATE: March 13th
Cinda Williams Chima liked this.

And then I wa
Katerina
Jul 23, 2016 Katerina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
That feeling when you finish an incredible series

but then you realize you have to say goodbye

Mix the previous images and you have me. In the middle of the night. Trying to stay awake. Stomach grumbling with hunger.
It's the best feeling ever!
“History is written by the victors. The truth is, the villains were less villainous, and the heroes less heroic, than you’ve been told.”

A thousand years ago, Alger Waterlow fell in love with Hanalea, the Queen of the Fells. But their love was doomed from
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

Spoiler free for the whole series

LOOK OUT, FANTASY WRITERS! SEE THIS BOOK?

*pushes The Crimson Crown in your hands*

SEE THIS?

LOOK AT IT! JUST LOOK AT IT!

This is how you end a series : BLOODY. FABULOUS.

WHY? WHAT DO WE READERS WANT?

Alright. I can think of some things :

1) WE ARE OUT FOR BLOOD. SO. We need IN YOUR FACE! moments with the villains and all those who annoyed the hell out of us. Yes, this is MUCH needed. Nothing's worst than anticlimactic confrontations. Give us GIDDINESS.

2) If yo
Cait (Paper Fury)
My complete and very sensible reaction to this book is: AFDSKJAFLDAJ I AM SO OBSESSED I MIGHT EXPLODE. Like, omg, honestly this series has stolen my heart. I'm SO happy with the finale! I mean, it wasn't perfect and it was faaaar too long and got draggy there in the middle: BUT IT WAS STILL EXCELLENT. It was feelsy. I actually made psychotic fangirl noises. TWICE. My ship. Ohhhhhh my ship. And there was stabbing and torture as well so #winning

Who is that puddle on the floor howling about their f
Maureen
Jun 14, 2016 Maureen rated it it was amazing
I'M CRYING IT'S FINE I'M FINE NO WORRIES WHATSOEVER.
This freaking series man. Was not expecting to love it. Loved it so much.
This is a fantastic close to a fabulous series.
TEAM RAISA FOREVER
Brittney ~ Her Bookish Things
Ahhh you guys... this was amazing. Ok but first I must fangirl..

That. Dance. Scene.

Holy blazers.

This isn't going to be a long review... but I hope to express just how epic this journey has been.I'm not even kidding... I got teary eyed at the end.

-Mild Spoilers-

Raisa's journey has been incredible. She is a heroine that I seriously LOVED rooting for. I was not at all disappointed as her journey came to a close. I felt so connected to her and in the end I just wanted all her sacrifices and pain
Anne
Re-read 2016

description

Ha! I love it when a series I read years ago actually HOLDS UP!
Mostly, because that means I was right the first time, but also because it means...I WAS RIGHT.
Yeah. I'm that shallow.
Point is, book 4 was a fantastic conclusion to the Seven Realms series, and you should definitely give these books a try. Especially if you've been on the fence about this one.
GET OFF THE FENCE!

description

Original review: 2012
Reading the last book in a series you love is always hard. I was so afraid this was going to
Rebecca
Nov 06, 2012 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
An amazing ending to an amazing series.
Jessica (priceiswong)
Jan 15, 2016 Jessica (priceiswong) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, wishlist
Man oh man. This series... The Seven Realms series definitely makes my favorites list!
Read this series!

(view spoiler)
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)

"He's the one steps away, right?" she said. "He knows this is dangerous turf-for both of you. He won't make his move until he knows he can win it all."
"But what if that never happens?" Raisa said.
"He won't settle," Cat said. "He'll wait forever if need be."

photo tumblr_o1cnfjyEyF1ts69tto1_r1_500_zps272lansg.gif

Man..I was so excited about writing this review. I was so excited to show how much I loved, adored, cherished this series. But now, sitting here, finally able to type out my feelings I think….How could I possibly put into words just how
Cait • A Page With a View
Jun 30, 2016 Cait • A Page With a View rated it really liked it
I can't believe these books have been sitting on my shelves for years and I just decided to get to them now. I liked the second and third books in this series more, but this was still a good conclusion!

I really love this world and the characters, but had a harder time connecting to this final book. It was still good, though!! Individual events were really fun, but I felt like the plot arc as a whole could've been stronger. Like a lot was happening, but the execution dulled everything down so muc
Melissa Martin
Feb 09, 2016 Melissa Martin rated it it was amazing
MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

Wow! It's the end..... I know this series has been out for some time, but still.

So Raisa is Queen and people are trying to tell her what to do, kill her, marry her off....blah blah blah. She's having none of that!

Raisa and Han are still trying to find their place with each other. Hmmm... I can't give out spoiler so I can't mention that.. crap. Let's just say they want to be together still but it's a hot mess.

Raisa is trying to incorporate the wizards and
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jul 07, 2013 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting to try out fantasy, or those who have only read bad fantasy
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy read with Sandra and Robin
"Everything's a risk."

In the Seven Realms, truer words have never been spoken.

4.5 stars I'm so sad to see the Seven Realms series come to an end.

Mystery! Intrigue! Adventure! Danger! Magic! Fighting! Forbidden Love! How many rounds of awesome can we squeeze into one book? I don't know the final tally but the count is high (along with the dead bodies).

Han is incredible. Were it not for him, this series wouldn't have had the same edge to it. Everyone likes to root for the underdog, and Han h
Choko
Apr 08, 2016 Choko rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, fantasy
*** 4.75 ***

A buddy read with the Fantasy Lovers at BB&B!

What an ending to a fabulous Fantasy series!!! This is why I think there is still hope for Epic and Traditional styles of the Fantasy genre - because of authors who still understand that in the age of Dark, Grim and Distopian, we still need to feel some hope, see the rays of sunshine at the end of the dark and stormy days, have a promise of something better, someone honorable, a place where love and good prevail... Not that we have no
Nikita
Dec 05, 2014 Nikita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, novel
The cover. OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! I think I already have an inkling of what will happen!! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE OCTOBER!?!? Darn! Can't it be like, TOMORROW!?!

I feel miserable now that one of my most loved series is finally over! But, oh what a way to end it! I'm all teary-eyed and looking stupid. I wish there's more of Han and Raisa and Amon and Micah and ALL OF THEM. I just love the characters so much, as well as the story. It's not easy letting them go. *sniffs*
Amren's Wife Taylor
Aug 17, 2016 Amren's Wife Taylor rated it it was amazing
I loved and adored this final book, it was the perfect finale. I’m going to miss these characters so deeply, I already do. I honestly can’t believe it’s really over. Now that I have the whole picture I can say that this was honestly one of the most well-written series I have ever read. Really, the Seven Realms deserves far more credit than it gets. I have so much to say about this fabulous world and characters I have come to feel such emotion for. If you’ve yet read to these books because you’ve ...more
Ash Wednesday
4.5 STARS
So many questions, so many stories that needed telling. A story of their own they needed to write. One with a happy ending.

Easiest rating I ever had to give. For sheer entertainment alone.

It’s true, I ever only started on this series because of this book. So it was a bit of a winded, intricate and LONG ASS wait to get to this part but this, HOLY SHIEEEEET, this was certainly worth it!

So. Many. Feels.

Everything that happens in Hanalea’s Graden is fucking quotable.

I can’t handle Han. I
Reading Teen
The Series:

The Seven Realms Series is made up of The Demon King, The Exiled Queen, The Gray Wolf Throne, and now, the last book in the series, The Crimson Crown. If you are a fan of high fantasy, you will not find a more well-written, emotional, intense, phenomenal series than this one. This is, hands down, my favorite high-fantasy series ever, and quite possibly my favorite Young Adult series ever. Each book is better than the last, and when you finish reading, all you want to do is pick it bac
Kisses A
Jul 13, 2016 Kisses A rated it really liked it
After finishing...

Rtc
When there are so many obstacles but your ship is on the verge of sailing
description

Characters are kicking butt!!!

Raisa is great!

Han is like

I love it!
TheBookSmugglers
Originally Reviewed on The Book Smugglers

**NOTE: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS UNAVOIDABLE SPOILERS FOR BOOKS 1-4 IN THE SEVEN REALMS SERIES. If you have not yet read the first four books and want to remain unspoiled, look away!**

Review:

Newly coronated as Queen of the Fells, Raisa ana' Marianna has inherited a Queendom on the verge of collapse and civil war. The Demonai Clans, led by her father Averill, pressure Raisa to marry one of their warriors; meanwhile the Wizards, led by the Bayar family, also ha
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Oh dear God, that was perfection.
Tanicha
Jan 24, 2013 Tanicha rated it it was amazing
Normal day, cruising around Goodreads when suddenly...

Dat cover...could it be???!!! It is!!!!

I must say, before borders went "poof" on us book lovers, i came across the first book of this series. I think it was the cover that got me, but after reading the summary, i know i would've give it a try either way.
And i must say, i wasn't disappointed.
In fact, it took me by surprise just how complex the plot was developing itself too. And before i knew it, four days passed and already the final pa
Patti
Dec 31, 2012 Patti rated it it was amazing
Wow. A little cheesy at the end but this was a worthy finale to one of my favorite series.
mich
I don't remember it, but apparently I was doing drugs back in 2012. It's the only explanation I can think of for my original review below.

I just re-read this series, and it was freaking awesome. I've re-read books 1 and 2 many times, but never 3 and 4. (view spoiler)
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
It's always a tiny bit sad to finish a series, but there is hope that one day more stories of the seven realms will be written. The only other thing I will say is that this ending is completely satisfying. Beautiful. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
Jenny
Oct 24, 2012 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love
Johannes
Oct 24, 2012 Johannes rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
As most of you know, this is the finale of the ”Seven Realms”-series. That means that most of the plots we have been wondering about will come to conclusion in this book. However, there are still some plots that haven’t been addressed in the Crimson Crown – mostly those concerning the other six realms. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see whether Cinda Williams Chima will choose to return to this world in another series.

I know that some of you have waited for a long time for this last book. I
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.25 I stayed home from work Stars

Yup...I took a sick today because I stayed up late reading and wanted to finish this series.

I had to know how Han was going to pull this off with everyone against him!

Rai finally stood up and believed in Han....and the "aww" factor is high in this conclusion!

Even Crow gets what he deserves in the end! xo
Nandanie
OOH I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT.... I HOPE HAN AND RAISA CAN SOMEHOW HAVE A FUTURE *SIGH* THE WAIT IS WAYYY TOO LONG!

Who is killing the wizards? Will Han and Raisa live together? Will Alger Waterlow figure out that Han is his descedant? What do the wolves mean when they said that someone VERY close to Riasa will betray her? (Crossin my fingers for Han to have a good outcome in this mess!)

Cinda! October? 2012 JUST STARTED!!!!!!! I need a copy now! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm looking for a book similar to 'The Crimson Crown' 3 28 May 26, 2016 04:01PM
The Wolves 3 7 Apr 19, 2016 01:29PM
Never Too Old For...: Buddy Read: THE CRIMSON CROWN by Cinda Williams Chima 13 13 Sep 25, 2015 05:04AM
Read-a-Long with ...: The Crimson Crown | Chapters 51-END 1 44 Jan 07, 2015 09:51PM
Read-a-Long with ...: The Crimson Crown | Chapters 41-50 1 14 Jan 07, 2015 09:50PM
Read-a-Long with ...: The Crimson Crown | Chapters 31-40 1 19 Jan 07, 2015 09:49PM
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • The Crown of Embers (Fire and Thorns, #2)
  • Liar's Moon (Thief Errant, #2)
  • The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)
  • Blue Fire (Healing Wars, #2)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • Eona: The Last Dragoneye (Eon, #2)
  • Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms, #3)
  • The King of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #3)
  • Raven Flight (Shadowfell, #2)
  • Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)
  • Scent of Magic (Healer, #2)
  • Player's Ruse (Knight and Rogue, #3)
  • Sacred Scars (A Resurrection of Magic, #2)
  • Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
  • Blackwatch (Wintercraft, #2)
New York Times bestselling author Cinda Williams Chima comes from a long line of fortune-tellers, musicians and spinners of tales. She began writing romance novels in middle school, which were often confiscated by her teachers.

Her Heir Chronicles series (magic comes to contemporary Ohio) comprises The Warrior Heir The Wizard Heir . The Dragon Heir The Enchanter Heir, and the Sorcerer Heir.

Chima's
More about Cinda Williams Chima...

Seven Realms (4 books)
  • The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)
  • The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2)
  • The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3)

“So here's the truth - I love you. I love everything about you – the way you stick up for people even when it costs you. The way you keep trying to do the right thing even when you're not exactly sure what the right thing is. I love how you put words together. You're as skilled with words as any knife fighter with a blade. You can put an enemy down on his back, or you can raise people up so they find what's best in themselves. You've changed my life. You've given me the words I need to become whatever I want.
I love how you talk to lytlings. You don't talk down to them. You respect them, and anybody can tell you're actually interested in what they have to say.
I love the way you ride a horse – how you stick there like an upland thistle, whooping like a Demonai. I love the way you throw back your head and stomp your feet when you dance. I love how you go after what you want – whether it's kisses or a queendom.
I love your skin, like copper dusted over with gold. And your eyes – they're the color of a forest lake shaded by evergreens. One of the secret places that only the Demonai know about.
I love the scent of you – when you've been out in the fresh air, and that perfume you put behind your ears sometimes.
Believe it or not, I even love your road smell – of sweat and horses and leather and wool.
I want to breathe you in for the rest of my life.”
201 likes
“Oh, I am getting married," Raisa said sleepily. "You promised me that if I agreed to marry you, that you would make it happen." She extended her hand, the one with the ring Han had given her, and waved it under his nose. "So. It's time to pay up.” 90 likes