Start by marking “The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms, #4)

The Crimson Crown (Seven Realms #4)

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  20,620 ratings  ·  1,737 reviews
A thousand years ago, two young lovers were betrayed-Alger Waterlow to his death, and Hanalea, Queen of the Fells, to a life without love.

Now, once again, the Queendom of the Fells seems likely to shatter apart. For young queen Raisa ana'Marianna, maintaining peace even within her own castle walls is nearly impossible; tension between wizards and Clan has reached a fevere
Published October 23rd 2012 by Hyperion Book CH

YA Novels of 2012
74th out of 1,325 books — 10,531 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
104th out of 2,493 books — 15,903 voters

More lists with this book...

My reaction upon seeing the cover:

Seeing the release date:

Realizing how far the release date is:

Realizing how LONG I'll have to wait:

Understanding that even though the publisher is not to blame, it is STILL their fault it is so. FAR. AWAY:

Realizing that there's nothing I can do about it and accepting my fate:

And in the end, realizing I will always love Cinda Williams Chima for delivering such a MASSIVELYBRILLIANTWICKEDAWESOME series:

UPDATE: March 13th
Cinda Williams Chima liked this.

And then I wa
An amazing ending to an amazing series.
Jessica (priceiswong)
Man oh man. This series... The Seven Realms series definitely makes my favorites list!
Read this series!

(view spoiler)
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jul 07, 2013 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting to try out fantasy, or those who have only read bad fantasy
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy read with Sandra and Robin
"Everything's a risk."

In the Seven Realms, truer words have never been spoken.

4.5 stars I'm so sad to see the Seven Realms series come to an end.

Mystery! Intrigue! Adventure! Danger! Magic! Fighting! Forbidden Love! How many rounds of awesome can we squeeze into one book? I don't know the final tally but the count is high (along with the dead bodies).

Han is incredible. Were it not for him, this series wouldn't have had the same edge to it. Everyone likes to root for the underdog, and Han h
Nikita Ompang
The cover. OH MY FREAKING GOD!!! I think I already have an inkling of what will happen!! WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE OCTOBER!?!? Darn! Can't it be like, TOMORROW!?!

I feel miserable now that one of my most loved series is finally over! But, oh what a way to end it! I'm all teary-eyed and looking stupid. I wish there's more of Han and Raisa and Amon and Micah and ALL OF THEM. I just love the characters so much, as well as the story. It's not easy letting them go. *sniffs*
Reading Teen
The Series:

The Seven Realms Series is made up of The Demon King, The Exiled Queen, The Gray Wolf Throne, and now, the last book in the series, The Crimson Crown. If you are a fan of high fantasy, you will not find a more well-written, emotional, intense, phenomenal series than this one. This is, hands down, my favorite high-fantasy series ever, and quite possibly my favorite Young Adult series ever. Each book is better than the last, and when you finish reading, all you want to do is pick it bac
Ash Wednesday
So many questions, so many stories that needed telling. A story of their own they needed to write. One with a happy ending.

Easiest rating I ever had to give. For sheer entertainment alone.

It’s true, I ever only started on this series because of this book. So it was a bit of a winded, intricate and LONG ASS wait to get to this part but this, HOLY SHIEEEEET, this was certainly worth it!

So. Many. Feels.

Everything that happens in Hanalea’s Graden is fucking quotable.

I can’t handle Han. I
Originally Reviewed on The Book Smugglers

**NOTE: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS UNAVOIDABLE SPOILERS FOR BOOKS 1-4 IN THE SEVEN REALMS SERIES. If you have not yet read the first four books and want to remain unspoiled, look away!**

Newly coronated as Queen of the Fells, Raisa ana' Marianna has inherited a Queendom on the verge of collapse and civil war. The Demonai Clans, led by her father Averill, pressure Raisa to marry one of their warriors; meanwhile the Wizards, led by the Bayar family, also ha
Normal day, cruising around Goodreads when suddenly...

Dat cover...could it be???!!! It is!!!!

I must say, before borders went "poof" on us book lovers, i came across the first book of this series. I think it was the cover that got me, but after reading the summary, i know i would've give it a try either way.
And i must say, i wasn't disappointed.
In fact, it took me by surprise just how complex the plot was developing itself too. And before i knew it, four days passed and already the final pa
Wow. A little cheesy at the end but this was a worthy finale to one of my favorite series.
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4.25 I stayed home from work Stars

Yup...I took a sick today because I stayed up late reading and wanted to finish this series.

I had to know how Han was going to pull this off with everyone against him!

Rai finally stood up and believed in Han....and the "aww" factor is high in this conclusion!

Even Crow gets what he deserves in the end! xo
I don't remember it, but apparently I was doing drugs back in 2012. It's the only explanation I can think of for my original review below.

I just re-read this series, and it was freaking awesome. I've re-read books 1 and 2 many times, but never 3 and 4. (view spoiler)
As most of you know, this is the finale of the ”Seven Realms”-series. That means that most of the plots we have been wondering about will come to conclusion in this book. However, there are still some plots that haven’t been addressed in the Crimson Crown – mostly those concerning the other six realms. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see whether Cinda Williams Chima will choose to return to this world in another series.

I know that some of you have waited for a long time for this last book. I
love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love

Who is killing the wizards? Will Han and Raisa live together? Will Alger Waterlow figure out that Han is his descedant? What do the wolves mean when they said that someone VERY close to Riasa will betray her? (Crossin my fingers for Han to have a good outcome in this mess!)

Cinda! October? 2012 JUST STARTED!!!!!!! I need a copy now! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reading the last book in a series you love is always hard. I was so afraid this was going to be a disappointment (Mockingjay, I'm talking to you), but I couldn't be happier with the way Chima wrapped things up.
5 big fat stars!
The only thing I can't understand is why none of my GR friends have read any of these books.
What is wrong with you people?!

The Crimson Crown is a wonderful ending to the Seven Realms books, but if the author wants to...
*hint, hint*
there's still plenty of room to write
Final rating: 6/5 stars

“It’s true what they say, then—history is written by the victors.”

I will write here what i think about whole series mostly :D (no spoilers)
I have been reading this series like crazy woman. I couldn't put this book down at all, i even skipped eating so i could read @_@ (that goes for The Gray Wolf Throne as well). This series is fantastic and i have no words how awesome it was

Anyway, it was pretty much exciting with all the stuff going on in it. There was magic, ther
Halle Watson

I was on edge the entire time I was reading this book.

The character progression throughout this series was phenomenal. I hated princess Raisa in the first two and adored her in the last two. She moves from being a petty, fairy-tale princess into being a strong, kick-butt queen.

Han Alister also went through a major change that was strong and believable. He turned his street-lord whits and cunning into political wisdom that changed their entire kingdom. If you enjoy fa
Oct 28, 2012 Ciri rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
Recommended to Ciri by: me.
Shelves: favourites
It was just as awesome as I expected!

Wow, I can’t believe it’s actually over. I have been waiting eagerly (with high expectations!) for the final book in this series to be released ever since I finished "the Gray Wolf Throne" and I am glad to say that I was far from disappointed - (as you can probably tell by the rating).

The Crimson Crown was action packed from start to end without any dull moments. A lot of interesting thing
The Crimson Crown is book four in the Seven Realms series. It’s definitely a series that you want to read in order. It’s a high fantasy series, and it’s one of my FAVORITES of all time. If you haven’t read this series yet, you really should!

Since this is the fourth book in the series, I don’t want to get into to many specifics. The series follows several characters, but the main two are Princess/Queen Raisa, and the infamous street lord Cuffs. I also love that there are duel perspectives from th
CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updated review: Well, as me and my dad were saying... It is extremely rare for me to every enjoy the ending of a series. I guess my expectations are to high, and I'm expecting the worlds largest finally.
The crimson crown wasn't BAD.. But it wasn't AMAZING either. I really loved reading about Han and Risa again, as well as Dancer, Crow, and Cat. The ending was pretty nice as well, and Cinda's writing was amazing as always.
I LOVE Risa's personality. For me it is so hard to
Oct 14, 2011 inconflict marked it as to-read
Btw, check chima's website, SHE HAS A COVER FOR IT AHH :D
it wasnt a horse D: but a person riding a horse XD

this is partially why i tend to avoid new awesome of the awesome (lol) books because (usually i go for series since it makes the magic last longer) and the fact that i get impatient for the next one and then the next one after that, and more, and more O_O. (failing to consider the author's feelings (sometimes))
I hate rushing people, because i know full well that wh
Apr 30, 2012 Chance rated it 5 of 5 stars
I don't usually comment on a book I have yet to read... But for this, I'll make an exception. I feel like I've waited all of my life for this series. I started it while waiting to finish the Inheritance Cycle, and found that I would prefer to read these books. I've read thousands of books, and I even remember a few hundred of them... but this, I will savor. Instead of devouring the novel in one sitting, as is my wont, I will restrict myself. How far can one go before languishing becomes torture? ...more
David James
"Sometimes a dream is enough."

The Crimson Crown is a book for a generation to breathe. Chima's words are vividly simple and filled with an easy kind of magic that is never, oddly enough, easy. The element of change woven in the pages of this fantasy story is mirrored in the world today, and through its youth we see how true change can take hold from hope and love. But, of course, it all begins with a dream. Like most great things. And this dream is wonderful. An epic book about change, love, and

Dominique (Dom)
Great ending of a series.. A lot of action and suprises!
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Liar's Moon (Thief Errant, #2)
  • The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)
  • Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2)
  • Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3)
  • Eona: The Last Dragoneye (Eon, #2)
  • Raven Flight (Shadowfell, #2)
  • Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
  • Blue Fire (Healing Wars, #2)
  • The Perilous Sea (The Elemental Trilogy, #2)
  • The Mage's Daughter (Nine Kingdoms, #2)
  • Player's Ruse (Knight and Rogue, #3)
  • Black Heart (Curse Workers, #3)
  • Scent of Magic (Healer, #2)
  • The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass, #0.5)
New York Times bestselling author Cinda Williams Chima comes from a long line of fortune-tellers, musicians and spinners of tales. She began writing romance novels in middle school, which were often confiscated by her teachers.

The Warrior Heir was named to Voya’s Best Science Fiction and Fantasy 2005-2006, is a 2006 Booksense Summer Reading Pick, was named to the 2007-2008 Lone Star Reading List,
More about Cinda Williams Chima...

Seven Realms (4 books)
  • The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)
  • The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms, #2)
  • The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3)

“So here's the truth - I love you. I love everything about you – the way you stick up for people even when it costs you. The way you keep trying to do the right thing even when you're not exactly sure what the right thing is. I love how you put words together. You're as skilled with words as any knife fighter with a blade. You can put an enemy down on his back, or you can raise people up so they find what's best in themselves. You've changed my life. You've given me the words I need to become whatever I want.
I love how you talk to lytlings. You don't talk down to them. You respect them, and anybody can tell you're actually interested in what they have to say.
I love the way you ride a horse – how you stick there like an upland thistle, whooping like a Demonai. I love the way you throw back your head and stomp your feet when you dance. I love how you go after what you want – whether it's kisses or a queendom.
I love your skin, like copper dusted over with gold. And your eyes – they're the color of a forest lake shaded by evergreens. One of the secret places that only the Demonai know about.
I love the scent of you – when you've been out in the fresh air, and that perfume you put behind your ears sometimes.
Believe it or not, I even love your road smell – of sweat and horses and leather and wool.
I want to breathe you in for the rest of my life.”
“Oh, I am getting married," Raisa said sleepily. "You promised me that if I agreed to marry you, that you would make it happen." She extended her hand, the one with the ring Han had given her, and waved it under his nose. "So. It's time to pay up.” 77 likes