Start by marking “A Rose by Any Other Name” as Want to Read:
A Rose by Any Other Name

A Rose by Any Other Name (The English Roses #4)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  256 ratings  ·  16 reviews
This year?s school play is Romeo and Juliet, and the English Roses can?t wait to get involved! Every girl knows what part she wants to play, whether it be on stage or behind the scenes. But the Roses are thrown for a loop when Grace is cast in the lead, and Charlotte is her understudy. Will the big green monster get in the way of their friendship?
Published September 13th 2007 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about A Rose by Any Other Name, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Rose by Any Other Name

Rosemarie
I did not realize that this was a chapter book for older kids (8 and up) when I ordered it. I have read all of Madonna's children's picture books and liked them. I thought this was a continuation of that, but the book is smaller in size and 125 pages. There is still the same great artwork found in the original English Roses - some in black & white and even a few in color. I love the illustration style of artist Jeffrey Fulvimari. I also love the idea of a series of stories for older kids bas ...more
Yeva
I chose this book for the nice cover and how there is so many flowers on it. This book is about five best friends who are called the English roses and they have a play and Charlotte and Grace both want to be Juliet. Then at the end Grace was Juliet but she breaks her leg and Charlotte has to fill in. My favorite quote from the book was "and so is Charlotte, for that is exactly what she felt when she woke up one fine, sunny, unseasonably warm autumn morning". I like that quote because it sounds n ...more
Erica Kang
As I keep reading this series in school holidays, I miss all my friends ;( I always love stories about best friends!!!! I love this series!!
Regan
This book was all about drama, friends and other typical girl problems. If you are having these problems, I really recommend this book, because will give you the awnsers to your situations. Its like having a friend that understands all the way.
Ciara *I love Harry Potter!*
Is this a somewhat enjoyable story?
Is it a somewhat clíchéd story?

If you like stories of friendship, jealousy and theatre shows, this story might just be for you.
Maddie hillis
It was OK , not my favorite. OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK OK.
Amanda Patterson
I was skeptical when these books began to arrive for review. I have to admit that she actually writes quite well.Madonna seems to make a success of everything she does.
Julianni Mendez
i just got this book today i really love it im planning to complete my collection to read all the books
Koqua
i liked it. Grace was really nice to pretend her knee was hurt so Charlette can play Juilet.
krystal
Mar 19, 2008 krystal marked it as to-read
i havent read this book yet but i have read the first one and i cant wait to read this one
Peas
well i have lots of books to read right now so i`m gonna wait!
Gabriella
I thought it was good although some in the series have been better
Tessa Serfillippi
i love the series to these books and i hope you all do to
Ashley Moreno
cute.I liked it.
Awais Vaid
This is awasome
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Corshellpeoples
Corshellpeoples marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Mychelle Fermin-Gavan
Mychelle Fermin-Gavan marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Leonor Mesquita
Leonor Mesquita marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Eeee
Eeee marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
  • Judy Moody's Double-Rare Way-Not-Boring Book of Fun Stuff to Do
  • Do The Funky Pickle
  • The Emperor's New Clothes
  • Now, Let Me Tell You What I Really Think
  • His Princess Bride: Love Letters from Your Prince
  • Star in the Forest
  • Beach Babe (Babymouse, #3)
  • Snail Mail, No More (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #2)
  • A Smart Girl's Guide To Style: How To Have Fun With Fashion, Shop Smart, And Let Your Personal Style Shine Through (American Girl)
  • Katie and the Sunflowers (Katie)
  • Jammin' with the Jonas Brothers: An Unauthorized Biography
  • Boys Beware (Diary, #9)
  • Is That A Sick Cat In Your Backpack?
  • Alfie All Alone
  • Buckskin Bandit (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #8)
  • Taylor Swift: Her Song
  • Thumbelina: Tiny Runaway Bride
  • The Best American Humorous Short Stories
Madonna Louise Ciccone is an American pop singer-songwriter. Through her music career, she has also gained some notability as a dancer, record producer, film producer, actress, author and a fashion icon. She is a multiple Grammy- and Golden Globe-award winner, known for her ambitious music videos, stage performances and use of sexual and religious themes in her work.

More about Madonna...

The English Roses (10 books)
  • Friends for Life!
  • Good-Bye, Grace?
  • Big-Sister Blues
  • Being Binah
  • Hooray for the Holidays!
  • Runway Rose
  • Ready, Set, Vote!
  • American Dreams
  • Catch the Bouquet!
The English Roses Mr. Peabody's Apples Sex Friends for Life! Too Good to Be True