Start by marking “The Perricone Weight-Loss Diet: A Simple 3-Part Plan to Lose the Fat, the Wrinkles, and the Years” as Want to Read:

3.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  72 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Perricone– respected physician, award-winning research scientist, and trusted expert on health and beauty–comes the biggest breakthrough in weight loss since Atkins.

Millions of women and men have restored youthful radiance, smoothness, and suppleness to their skin through Dr. Nicholas Perricone’s advice, care, and transfor
Published April 10th 2007 by Ballantine Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Perricone Weight-Loss Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perricone Weight-Loss Diet

Rhonda Browning White
Quick read (read it in a day) that's full of some of the most interesting, helpful food-related research I've found in one convenient place. Dr. Perricone is both a board certified dermatologist and nutritionist, and his scientic research has won awards in diet and anti-aging. What he says in this book "clicked" with me, based on what I learned after working over twenty years in the medical field. The results of his studies are quite logical.

First, you should know that this book isn't so much a
Marie Dafgard
Feb 26, 2015 Marie Dafgard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was recommended this book by a friend who has had tremendous success with the diet and busting past a two-year long plateau near the end of her weight loss journey. The recipes at the end and recommendations are good. I can see that this would be quite an expensive and extensive diet/lifestyle as its all organic and whole foods. I think it'd be a little less intimidating to include a few things from it into normal daily life, but to do an overhaul is going to be difficult.
Joy
Apr 05, 2012 Joy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
One of the blogs I read - http://www.modgblog.com/ - swears by this book - skipping through it for tips. Focuses on anti-inflammatory diet which I am not entirely familiar with.

later in the day: Ok, that's enough of that. Interesting stuff that makes sense - but I don't feel like reading all the science-y backup right now - reaffirms a list of things to make a conscious effort to eat (avocados, leafy greens, apples, berries, obviously more fruit and vegetables in general) And! when I ate my ora
Ron
Dec 21, 2009 Ron rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is a pretty basic book that focuses on the benefits of anti-inflammatory foods, which basically means foods high in antioxidants that don't cause spikes in blood sugar. Has the same problem as almost every other diet book, however. The diet plan he gives you is too fucking diverse. I'm never going to eat that many different kinds of foods in a whole week, much less within the span of one day. In summary, just eat your veggies. And wild Salmon, and an apple (or 3) a day. Will do.
Denise
Feb 13, 2010 Denise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Dr. Perricone suggests anti-inflammatory ways to eat, exercise and reduce the stress that causes inflammation and weight gain. He has a list of supplements to help in weight loss and here again the benefits of omega-3's is documented.
Claire
Jul 08, 2014 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like the perricone diets they're great for your skin and your al round health, but a lot of it is available on his website so I don't feel like the book is all that necessary but still full of good info.
Marie Maywalt
Interesting concept with excellent ideas, but the success seems to be directly linked to buying the bulk of supplements through the Perricone institute.
Kelly
Jan 05, 2009 Kelly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is backed by a lot of science, which is unusual for this type of book. Be prepared to eat lots of fish.
Angie
May 11, 2010 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Angie by: someone on Headline News
I'll use different bits and pieces of this book, but I wasn't sold on the whole thing.
Manda
Manda rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2016
bernard gabriel
bernard gabriel marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Kathie
Kathie rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2016
Nikki
Nikki added it
Dec 30, 2015
Yvonne Desa
Yvonne Desa rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Chae DuPart
Chae DuPart rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2015
David
David rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2015
al
al marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Ms
Ms rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Pavel
Pavel marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Peggy Williamson
Peggy Williamson marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Alisha
Alisha rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Jodie
Jodie rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Lina Annab
Lina Annab is currently reading it
Jul 16, 2015
Harvey K. Hunt
Harvey K. Hunt rated it did not like it
Jun 15, 2015
Craig
Craig rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2015
Jenny
Jenny rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Oola Raisin
Oola Raisin marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015