Start by marking “Sylvan (Sylvan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sylvan (Sylvan, #1)

Sylvan (Sylvan #1)

Back home in Sylvan, the small Western lake town where he grew up, Mal Harrison is grieving over the loss of his grandmother and his former life as an Olympic swimmer. He's building a new life but just doesn't know where to begin; then he meets Leif Gunnar and finds the instant crackling chemistry between them might just be a place to start. But Leif is carrying a heavy bu ...more
Published April 21st 2010 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Sylvan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sylvan

LaShonta
Jan 14, 2012 LaShonta rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-sports
This was really weird. I like the sequels much better. I'm happy I didn't read this one first or I might have missed out on the other 2 which are awesome. I didn't feel any chemistry between the main characters and the end was just abrupt. It just stopped with no warning. This was not an HEA but it didn't feel like an HFN either. Another thing, what is up with the cover? It didn't go with the story at all! Its sad to say I will not read this one again.
Gigi
Oct 11, 2014 Gigi marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Shelves: mm-athletes-misc
No HEA or HFN. Not for me.
Jay Clark
The characters were fun and engaging, but they were not quite as fully developed as I would have liked. The eroticism was mild, about one-half chili pepper's worth. If it were rewritten into a larger, more fully developed story, I would certainly read it again.
Arlyna
Oct 05, 2016 Arlyna rated it it was amazing
***4.5 Stars***

Mal Harrison is a one time gold medal Olympian swimmer. After placing third during the last Olympics he is cut from the team. He decides to go back home to his grandmother, only to find she has passed away leaving him her house and some money.

Mal gets dropped off at one end of town and has to walk the rest of the way to the out dated old cabin. On his walk he runs into Leif, the son of an elderly man who almost got ran over, and Mal was trying to help. The two meet again a few day
Eyre
Nov 11, 2013 Eyre rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbtqia
From the publisher:

Back home in Sylvan, the small Western lake town where he grew up, Mal Harrison is grieving over the loss of his grandmother and his former life as an Olympic swimmer. Hes building a new life but just doesnt know where to begin; then he meets Leif Gunnar and finds the instant crackling chemistry between them might just be a place to start.

But Leif is carrying a heavy burden in caring for his father, who suffers from Alzheimers disease. It consumes his life, and despite Mals e
Usagi Tsukino
Jun 06, 2012 Usagi Tsukino rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
Excuse me while I vomit...

UGH. The main character (was it Mal? Whatever) was a slut of the worst kind! I disliked him from the beginning- couldn't stand him at all!

I've took this book because I was interested in the sequel, "Luke", and now I wish I had never read this book. So, no. Not even 1 star.
Total waste of my time.
Bookbee
Meh. That describes this book...nothing to absolutely hate about it but also nothing to get really excited about either. The premise had real potential revolving around Sylvan, who is trying to find himself after losing his spot on an Olympic swim team and Leif, who is dealing with his father's worsening Alzheimers. Unfortunately the length of this book (51 pages on my e-reader) was just too short to tackle both of these plot lines.
Melanie
So I was expecting some sort of Fae-ness, I mean the book is called Sylvan and one of the MC's called Leif... all very Fae-ish. But it's not!
I wasn't a fan of Mal he seemed kinda spoiled and self centered at first. And Leif was incredibly innocent for a mid-thirties guy.
Meh, it was so-so for me.
Aidee Ladnier
May 26, 2012 Aidee Ladnier rated it liked it
Although I liked this book, I found Mal a little self-centered and wondered what a wonderful guy like Lief would see in him.
Angelmira
Angelmira rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2010
Ms. Karen P. Campbell
Ms. Karen P. Campbell rated it it was ok
Jan 20, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2011
Ryan
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2012
Sherry
Sherry rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2012
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2011
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
May 13, 2012
Janean
Janean rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2010
bazinga ~Lisa
bazinga ~Lisa rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Simone
Simone rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Malachi
Malachi rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2013
ms.beau
ms.beau rated it it was ok
Nov 06, 2016
Priscila Rocha
Priscila Rocha rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2012
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2013
Sarah rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Juli
Juli rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2011
Damon Suede
Damon Suede rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2011
N.J. Saddington
N.J. Saddington rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2011
Wyndslash
Wyndslash rated it really liked it
May 22, 2011
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2010
Mrsgeo
Mrsgeo rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Talk Dirty To Me
  • Unexpected Guest
  • Wolfsbane (MIA Case Files, #1)
  • Dark Submission
  • Out of Balance (Friends to Lovers, #1)
  • The Elevator Mechanic (Workplace Encounters, #1)
  • Pool Hall Green
  • Light of the Body (Pembroke Eve Chronicles, #2)
  • Condor One (Condor, #1)
  • Brier's Bargain (Bodyguards in Love, #1)
  • His Dirty Little Secret (Sammy & Friends, #3)
  • Death by Misfortune (Bill Turner, #2)
  • Another Enchanted April
  • Laid (Laid, #1)
  • Fugly (connected by Jackson Spey #9)
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Core Training (Work Out, #3)
  • Match Maker

romance author
Jan Irving has worked in all kinds of creative fields, from painting silk to making porcelain ceramics, to interior design, but writing was always her passion.

She feels you can’t fully understand characters until you follow their journey through a story world.
More about Jan Irving...