Start by marking “The Rosedale Diet” as Want to Read:
The Rosedale Diet

The Rosedale Diet

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Finally--the ultimate diet for fast, safe weight loss, lifelong health, and longer life, based on more than twenty years of research and the latest findings on appetite and weight. Metabolic specialist Ron Rosedale, M.D., has designed the Rosedale Diet to regulate the powerful hormone leptin, which controls appetite and weight loss by telling the brain when to eat, how muc ...more
Published August 17th 2004 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Rosedale Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rosedale Diet

Guillaume Belanger
Ron Rosedale is a medical doctor specialised in nutritional and metabolic medicine working in Colorado. He has treated thousands of diabetic and heart disease patients so successfully that the overwhelming majority have completely recovered from these conditions that simply express a metabolic disfunction related to insulin, but usually regarded as chronic and incurable diseases.

Rosedale has written many articles, and has given many presentations, all of which can be found on the web (http://drr
Oct 06, 2008 Demicent rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Demicent by: Joseph Mercola
This book helped me choose the right foods for my metabolism. When I followed the food suggestions, I effortlessly lost 15 pounds in the first few weeks. Weight has continued to slowly drop now that I have adopted most of the author's advice but I am no longer following the plan scrupulously. Lost about 30 pounds in 9 months and never felt deprived.
Dr. Rosedale presents some great information, and includes some great reference charts. I do wish he didn't sound so egotistical at times (e. g. "this is the only diet in the world that will work for you"), but the information is very useful, nonetheless.
My mother went to Dr Rosedale for several years. she lost weight naturally and said she felt the best she's ever felt. She has continued these habits even after he moved away. She is 86 years old now and remains very healthy and active.
I was surprised at how poorly done this book was. There is a ton of cringeworthy and unjustified extreme self promotion by the author throughout. Rosedale actually claims that is the ONLY diet that will work, despite the fact this is one Paleo-ish diet plan or book of MANY, and not even among the best of them.

The book also contains many ignorant and incorrect statements about the supposed 'dangers' of saturated fat. It seems outdated in parts.

There are so many better healthy eating books out the
Great book! A complete start to finish on how to get started and maintain a low-carb lifestyle. Not the Atkins Diet, but a better way to live. Much lower protein intake and easier on your body. I am 4 weeks in and feel great. I have lost 12 pounds and I am down from a 34 waist to a 32 waist in my pants. As some others have mentioned, the fish is too much for me. I have started taking a DHA/EPA supplement instead. The milk issue is related to, among other things, lactose. It is a sugar, carb, and ...more
Michael P Hosking
Lots of great science presented clearly and applied well.
And I lost almost 100 pounds so it works!
The book has some interesting recipes. Especially if you are looking for some good ideas for low-carb meals. But I'm not sure I completely agree with the overall approached outlined in this book for me -- way too much fish and a lot of the fruit I personally like is listed as something to avoid.
Shari Hummel
It was great until I got to the part where the author actually said that we don't need milk in our diets. He said that after we are weaned as babies, we never need milk again! Or fruit!! That was it for's going in the garage sale.
Mary Wescott
If I could give a cookbook 5 stars I would. He gets de-moted 1 star because it's a titch extreme. Use this diet in moderation and you've got a winner. Some killer recipes in there!
Jonathan Ross
His opinion of saturated fat is slightly off as is his opinion on milk products, but this is a great entry book for a low carb lifestyle.
A bit better than Mastering Leptin even though it was based on it.
Eva is currently reading it
Nov 15, 2015
Barb is currently reading it
Oct 10, 2015
Jhorman Rivera
Jhorman Rivera marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Joe marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Debra Shumate
Debra Shumate marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

“What About Alcohol? Alcohol is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, some studies show that a drink or two a day can reduce the risk of heart disease, but on the other, we know that alcohol inhibits fat burning. Moreover, alcohol can boost estrogen levels in women, and may increase the risk of breast cancer. I’ve given the alcohol issue a great deal of thought, and I’ve reached the conclusion that alcohol is probably helpful to people who are very stressed out, but by no means essential for health. Alcohol lowers blood pressure and has a relaxing effect on the body, which may be beneficial to people who have difficulty winding down. A better way to reduce stress, I believe, is to practice yoga or other stress-reduction techniques. Please keep in mind that more than one or two drinks daily has been shown to be harmful to your health. If you do drink, avoid sweet mixed drinks, and stick to red wine, low carb beer, or pure spirits. There are some new low carb beers on the market that are actually quite good and are a good compromise.” 0 likes