Start by marking “Harbor's End” as Want to Read:
Harbor's End

Harbor's End

Everyone in the horse world knows Shanyn Tomilson's name, and every young rider dreams of becoming just like her. But beneath the polish of her professional career, Shanyn is a troubled young woman with an empty and tragic past.
Published April 1st 2010 by Bonneville

To ask other readers questions about Harbor's End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harbor's End

Tristi
May 11, 2011 Tristi rated it really liked it
Shanyn Tomilson is a world-famous jockey, a champion of epic proportions. She has a way with horses that no one can rival, and she feels at home on the back of a horse even when she doesn't feel she belongs anywhere else. But her health isn't good, and her riding career may be over. This news is more than she can take.

Needing time to get away and think things over, hopefully in a place where no one knows who she is, she moves to a quiet town on the coast, seeking solitude. She takes her beloved
Heather
Feb 02, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-i-own
Shanyn Tomlinson leads the high powered life of an equestrian jumper, constantly in the ring, training and on circuits with her horse. She is driven and at the top of her game until a fall and crippling medial diagnosis take her from the media spotlight to a quiet coastal town for self-imposed retirement at the age of 22. All anyone knows about her mysterious personal life is what they read in the papers. Shanyn's tight lipped about how she was raised without a mother or father since age 6 and ...more
Kathryn
Nov 23, 2010 Kathryn rated it it was amazing
LaNae
Apr 24, 2010 LaNae rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok
This book was fine. I really liked the main character and her love interest. The story was sweet and a good plot about a girl who goes to Harbor's End, Oregon to die from an illness. After she gets there she makes friends and decides to have the tumor removed. The climax didn't hold much tension for me. It was too predictable.
Andrea
Mar 05, 2013 Andrea rated it really liked it
--A very innocent, very light read. Some of the dialogue left something to be desired, but over all decent writing. I kind of wish the characters (especially some of the supporting characters). There were some powerful metaphors and imagery, especially near the end of the book. It was a sweet, simple read, and fairly engaging. I highly recommend it for teens looking for a clean read!
Christina Tarbet
Mar 01, 2012 Christina Tarbet rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I enjoyed reading this book. I just read it again and I thought that the author used a lot of "flowery" words. I think some of the descriptions in the book are overdone. The book is very descriptive. Every character is described and really overdescribed. It was a good book and good storyline.
Michelle
Sep 14, 2010 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
Nice story about the value of life and love. Shanyn gives up on herself and waits to die, until she meets someone willing to care about her. Why she doesn't care about herself bugs me, although I guess it's her Dad.The writing is mediocre, however, and it's not a joy to read
Susan
Mar 12, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shanyn's death wish takes a 180 degree turn when she meets Keith Ellington. Having grown up alone on the riding circuit, she's never known what it's like to have friends who care about her, include her, and now give her a reason to live.
Wendy
Jun 03, 2012 Wendy rated it it was ok
I feel like this book would have benefited from more judicious editing. It was, as the stars indicate, okay, but it had the potential to be better.
Marla Milligan
Aug 27, 2012 Marla Milligan rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book - a sweet story of life and love - not always turning out as we think it should and adjusting.
Heather
Jan 20, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
This was a sweet little book with likable characters. I can't say I was surprised by where the plot went, but I really enjoyed the journey. Quick little read for a lazy afternoon.
Stacie
Stacie rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2012
Kristine
May 23, 2013 Kristine rated it liked it
Sweet and short. Brain candy. just right for a day of not feeling well.
Brenda
Brenda rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2010
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2010
Julie Coon
Julie Coon rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2010
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was ok
Oct 22, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2011
Orlando
Orlando rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2011
June
June rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2012
Christi
Christi rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Debbie
Debbie rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2010
Kim
May 08, 2010 Kim rated it really liked it
Simple and sweet.
Tom Ricks
Tom Ricks rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2010
Swhe641200
Nov 13, 2014 Swhe641200 rated it it was ok
Read in 2012
Shanwinegar
Shanwinegar rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2013
Danie
Danie rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2015
Shanda
Shanda marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2010
Lexie
Lexie added it
Aug 04, 2010
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2010
Shelena
Shelena marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2010
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2010
Christine Jensen
Christine Jensen marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2011
Kristy
Kristy added it
Feb 07, 2011
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 05, 2011
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
May 17, 2011
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
May 21, 2011
Sidney
Sidney marked it as to-read
May 23, 2011
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2011
Loren Smith
Loren Smith marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2011
Candace Smith
Candace Smith marked it as to-read
May 13, 2012
Mrsheatherannhall
Mrsheatherannhall marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2012
Kimberlee
Kimberlee marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2012