Start by marking “The Marriage Wish” as Want to Read:
The Marriage Wish

The Marriage Wish

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  1,279 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Successful, blessed with friends and a rich faith--as Scott Williams's thirty-eighth birthday dawned, he was at the top of his game. Or was he? Although his life seemed perfect to others, Scott felt that something was missing. But how could a rugged executive admit he yearned for a family of his own to love?

After making a birthday wish to meet the woman of his dreams, Scot
Published April 19th 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Marriage Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marriage Wish

Jeremy Payne

In one word, Dee Henderson’s, “The Marriage Wish” is: Touching! Dee Henderson does a superb job of connecting and drawing in her readers, because this book does not speak to the head, but the heart! Healing takes place and dreams come true as the lives of Scott Williams and Jennifer St. James intertwine. Both characters show a willingness to face the obstacles and challenges that come with bringing two hearts together, after those hearts have been broken before.
This is not an easy book. Not ea
Denise
This is the first Dee Henderson book I have read and ironically, it's the first book she wrote. This book gives me great hope in writing my own book one day.

It's not at all what I was expecting. It's an easy read that makes you want to see the couple get together in the end but the intense healing that has to take place is deep.

Final thoughts on reading it.....I'm thankful for healthy kids and I don't ever want to take for granted them or my husband.

Also, I may need a puppy.
Diana Barrick
READS Library loan for Kindle. This book definitely had a predictable story line. The characters were terribly perfect, rich, beautiful, talented, and most of all so morally excellent. The hero of the story, Scott, is a saint. The story of the heroine, Jennifer, reads like an example of "why bad things happen to good people" and thus was the main plot of the book. This was an easy book to read with a lot of dialogue. Except for Jennifer's sad past, I kept waiting for the punchline, which didn't ...more
Michelle
I admit to reading the reviews before reading the book, just to get a feeling at what other's were saying, so I read this after people complained that this was the author's first book and did a poor job...

Sorry, I don't agree on the poor job part. Her writing style was very simple, and a bit puzzling at times, but it was so necessary because it fit Jennifer so well!!! I LOVED how this book was written! I LOVED the story line! I LOVED Scott, and must say that he is definitely too good to EVER be
Joan Arning
Successful businessman, Scott, realizes he doesn't want to spend his life alone and makes a birthday wish for a woman of his dreams. Jennifer is mourning her husband and infant child. The two meet on the beach and Scott is immediately drawn to her. Scott has to overcome Jennifer's fears of loving again and help her turn back to the deep faith she once had.
Ruth
This was truely a good book that I read it in 1 day! Well, I had an unexpected day of no kids around that helped on that also!
I have read many of Dee Hendersons' books a long time ago but this one was really different. It describes the pain and fear that one of the main charactors has experienced and that kept her from being able to move forward in life. A very loving and compassionate man helped her through it in a very amazing way. One can be very mad and angry with God about circumstances in
Pauline
I don't normally read a lot of the "Love Inspired" books, but I saw this listed on Paperback Swap and wanted to read it simply because it was Dee Henderson's first book. The dialogue was a bit stilted, she used the characters names way, way too much in dialogue and the story was predictable. What I liked about it was that it shows how far Ms Henderson has developed in her writing. I do not have the same critiques for any of her O'Malley series or newer books. I could see the "Dee Henderson I kno ...more
Appaloosa05
Fairly predictable, this book is nonetheless an enjoyable, light read. It's sweet and romantic, with a satisfying resolution. The main flaws I noticed are that the characters (especially the supporting characters) lack depth. Even Scott Williams, the main male character, seems too perfect on many occasions. I would have appreciated it if Dee Henderson took more time to flush out her characters and really explore their character flaws.

I would suggest this book as light fluff for a beach trip or p
joyce lynn
if you're paying attention, you'll realize that i finished God's Gift, by this same author, PLUS, read this whole book of her's, all in the same day. as i said, she writes books that are VERY difficult to put down! and, i'd already read this book once before!! still, there were some details that came at me new, both because i'd missed a few the first time around, and, because i'm in a different place myself during this reading than the last one.

again, if you like a little romance, but all of it
Beverly Shearon
If you need to have a cry, read this one. It was a good story line. Interesting being told from the male's viewpoint.
Melissa
Made me laugh and cry, very touching story about risking love.
Debbie Grimmer
Feb 19, 2013 Debbie Grimmer rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO
I found Dee Henderson because her books were on a bookmark I got at the library. I absolutly LOVED the O'Malley series. This book, however, I didn't even get past page 50 before I returned it to the library. I think it was one of her first books and it did not grab me a bit. Blah and mundane and predictable. In my opinion, not worth my time. I have Her book The Witness on hold at the library for me today!
Rose
I expected the romance, but Henderson wove the right amount of mystery and questions in the story that kept me turning the pages. I was trying to figure out Jennifer's story right along with Scott. And the fast rate of the relationship seemed fitting to the situation. And of course the book had a satisfying ending. I would definitely read other love inspired romances by Dee Henderson.
Whitney
So, I am the type of person who really hates reading about marriage and stuff. I wonder why? This book follows a developing relationship where many kinks come in. It was touching to see how people tend to stick together through trials. It was a good book.
Lynette Myers
Great author. It was a book I just had to finish and was honoring to God.

A man desiring to get married meets a woman that he adores, but she is stuck in a painful place at the reminder of a love that was lost and is now afraid to open up and love again.
Jean
Dee Henderson - I completed the book because I don't like to quit a book in the middle of it, but, I learned that this was the author's first book. It was enjoyable enough, but not one I would recommend over other "page turner" books.
Lynette Miller
On Scott's 38th birthday he decides he is lonely and needs a wife. He meets a widow named Jennifer who is a famous author. She struggles to overcome her grief and Scott tries to develop a relationship with her.
Nellie
I really enjoyed this book. It was clean, and romantic. I LOVED Scott, but felt most men wouldn't have lasted so long, or worked so hard to help her. Good storyline and good ending. I l=enjoy Henderson's books.
Story was halfway decent. Writing was terrible. People just don't talk like that, including using each others names in every other sentence they speak to one another. Drove me crazy! Jennifer this, Scott that... Ugh!!!
Jeanie
Intriguing plot line but way-y-y-y too repetitive. Listen up: if you didn't understand the issues at hand the first time you read about them, not to worry... there will be a dozen more opportunities to get it.
Leslie Gentry
Having read other Dee Henderson books, I could immediately tell that this was one of her first books. It just didn't have the right flow/timeline to it.

Edith
God's Gift and The Marriage Wish are two of this author's earliest published books. These are Ok, but the series she's written since are much improved.
LadyS
completely cheesy...wow Henderson has really grown as a writer i believe this is her earlier work and i thought it was terrible enough.
Jennifer Bennett
A really easy, but good read. Dee Henderson writes great leading man roles. I always fall in love with them.
Danica Page (One Page at a Time)
I loved this book. I love Henderson's style. I have read every book she's written. I really love her style.
Jenny Galbraith
This book was ok. I honestly didn't finish reading it, because the plot line was too predictable.
Annie
I really liked the way she handled the grieving process and how God helped her through it.
Glynis
As it went on it got better. I thought it wasn't bad considering it was her first book
Will
She writes somewhat like Nickolas Sparks, but not quite as good
  • Halos
  • Fire Dancer
  • An Eye for an Eye (Heroes of Quantico, #2)
  • Bamboo and Lace
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
  • Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, #3)
  • The Sacrifice
  • Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)

Dee Henderson is the author of 14 best-selling novels, including the acclaimed O'Malley series and the Uncommon Heroes series. As a leader in the inspirational romantic suspense category, her books have won or been nominated for several prestigious industry awards, including the RWA's RITA Award, the Christy Awa
More about Dee Henderson...
The Negotiator (O'Malley, #1) The Truth Seeker (O'Malley #3) The Guardian (O'Malley #2) The Healer (O'Malley #5) The Protector (O'Malley #4)