Start by marking “Bram Stoker's Death Ship” as Want to Read:
Bram Stoker's Death Ship

Bram Stoker's Death Ship

An untold story from the greatest vampire story ever written, Bram Stoker's Death Ship explores the harrowing, nightmarish sea voyage from Transylvania to England. One by one, the terrified crew members of the Russian schooner Demeter vanish, victims of the unearthly life-form that lies comatose in the ship's hold during daylight hours. Only Demeter's seasoned captain, a ...more
Published September 28th 2010 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bram Stoker's Death Ship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bram Stoker's Death Ship

Rebecca McNutt
May 13, 2016 Rebecca McNutt rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, vampire, fiction
Death Ship wasn't terrible or anything, but I didn't really like it. It wasn't a remarkable or even memorable story, it got off to a really slow start, and the whole vampire thing has been done a million times before.
Artnoose Noose
Mar 30, 2012 Artnoose Noose rated it did not like it
This book fails the rape test. In fact it fails it in both ways possible, on about page three no less.

The first way to fail is to portray a rape scene in a sexy or alluring way. Very early on, there's a rape scene that takes up about a third of the page and is drawn is such a sexy way that if you were to change the dialog bubble to say something other than a protestation, it would just be an erotic scene. Fail.

The second way to fail is for the rape survivor to fall in love with or desire her/his
Charles
Feb 13, 2011 Charles rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I thought it was pretty good but maybe could have been a bit better. I wasn't always able to follow the story, and after reading the section about how the story was constructed at the end I realized I'd missed a few things. The idea was pretty cool, and the art was good. The front and back covers were just amazing.
Ashley
Aug 31, 2014 Ashley rated it liked it
Recommended to Ashley by: Kurt Schuett
The artwork, while almost fitting to the tone of the story, was too murky; mere impressions of outlines, shadowy faces lacking details.
I understand that the story itself is dark and murky but that artwork confused me more often than not, as characters were over similar in looks with few distinguishing marks/details. I like for the art to further the story, not hinder it.
(But I guess, it is easier to swallow some of the more grisly bits when done in undefined hazyness.)
But the cover and "art gall
Rachel Evans
Jun 07, 2016 Rachel Evans rated it really liked it
Interesting adaptation of a brief scene that has been depicted in all the Dracula tellings, about the ship Demeter from Russia/Transylvania/Poland that travels across the water to deliver cargo to England. As the voyage takes place there is almost a mutiny, crew members slowly disappear, and in the end it seems as though the captain of the ship has gone mad after tying his hands to the wheel and ensuring the boat docks in England. This novel follows the brief period where Dracula was able to ...more
Chris
Apr 20, 2012 Chris rated it did not like it
I didn't like the art work and the story, while an interesting idea, never really came together for me. Oh well.
Kenci
Oct 10, 2011 Kenci rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was a fascinating (and chilling) look aboard the last fateful voyage of the Demeter and it's doomed crew. Loved the artwork.
John W
Nov 22, 2012 John W rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, graphic-novel
Great job fleshing out the sea faring portion Bram Stoker's novel into a full fledged story.
Sheri Chamberlain
Sheri Chamberlain rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2012
Whitney
Whitney rated it it was ok
Oct 19, 2014
C.s. Revlis
C.s. Revlis rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2012
Frans
Dec 16, 2011 Frans rated it liked it
The artwork was cool.
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2013
Emily Ellis
Emily Ellis rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2012
Rick Orci
Rick Orci rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2012
Jcrane1095 Crane
Jcrane1095 Crane rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2016
Tim Barker
Tim Barker rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2015
Rafael
Rafael rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Matt Berkeley
Matt Berkeley rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2014
Alex Malkavian
Alex Malkavian rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Matthew Wood
Matthew Wood rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2011
Richard Partain
Richard Partain rated it really liked it
May 14, 2013
Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore rated it did not like it
Jan 16, 2014
Trevor
Trevor rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2012
Tony Sims-Novis
Tony Sims-Novis rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2016
Rob
Rob rated it it was ok
Dec 22, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2012
Buğra
Buğra rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Kyle
Kyle rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2016