Start by marking “Invincible” as Want to Read:
Invincible

Invincible

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Jake Billings is usually cool under pressure, but when two stick-up kids rob his record store, Jake opens fire on them, landing him in prison. Five days in, he receives an anonymous letter telling him that his days are numbered. But before he can find out who’s behind the threats, Jake is stabbed and ends up in a coma.

When he wakes in a hospital bed two years later, things
Published June 1st 2010 by One World/Ballantine (first published May 26th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible

Sistar Tea
Sep 16, 2010 Sistar Tea rated it it was amazing
Trapped in a web of deceit

I will start out by saying I was a lot Leary of reading this book by a rapper who is adding "author" to the resume. I will follow up by saying I was pleasantly surprised by the story line. The characters… the turn of events were surprisingly unexpected. While some I knew, others were very much a shock.

We meet Jake who is doing time in the infamous jail at Rikers Island. When he receives a death note he can't pin point where it comes from as he has done lots of dirt in t
Eva Leger
May 27, 2012 Eva Leger rated it liked it
I'd been planning on reading this for awhile and I finally had it mailed to me two weeks or so ago. It worked out that I could read it right away so I started.
Invincible isn't a bad book. It's unrealistic but a lot of urban fiction is. That part didn't really get to much too much even though I prefer my fiction as realistic as possible usually.
There are some small details that would really have helped the story flow better - the use of more contractions, less exclamation points in character conv
Marc
Aug 12, 2012 Marc added it
I don't normally read hood literature but being a Styles P fan I decided to give it a shot. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It kept me engaged the whole way through and was full of twists and turns but formed a cohesive and intelligently written story when all said and done. I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the genre.
Jocelyn
Jun 20, 2011 Jocelyn rated it really liked it
This book was a good read...I read it in only one day!! shocked by some things...ending was sad..but overall good read!
P_panther
Feb 10, 2014 P_panther rated it it was amazing
This book is effortless, and so good at what it does. It draws you in so quickly and you ride with the characters every step of the way trying to imagine what else could go wrong for the main characters. There is no letting up with this book, ever page is dripping with juice and makes you want to take a stab at the life of a man on the run from, well EVERYBODY
Brandon White
May 06, 2015 Brandon White rated it really liked it
Styles P knows how to create an interesting story line. Authentically street, I never saw a phony moment in the book. The omniscient narrator sounding like a street dude through me off a little bit (not used to that), but I guess it makes sense. The brother effectively diversified his artistry with this book. Pinero the Novelist!
Mrieves
Jan 05, 2012 Mrieves rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. It was not graphic, not a lot of swearing. Good plot. Mystery so to speak. The ending left me hanging. I think there maybe a second part? I went to a book signing and met Styles P. I am not a rap, but he has shown me that he can write! Please do more!

I read the book in one day! It kept me that interested.
Max
Jan 05, 2013 Max rated it really liked it
It was a good book kinda had doubts at first cause i dont like to read many of these rap artists books i was always disappointed in the past but. styles prove me otherwise great read.
Bobby Haynes
Jun 13, 2011 Bobby Haynes rated it really liked it
When I found out Styles P wrote a book I wanted to read it, wondering if it would be good. Now that I've finished the book it was insane I loved it definitely a good read.
Mary Wilson
Oct 28, 2011 Mary Wilson rated it really liked it
This novel was action packed. It felt like I was looking @ a movie. Good read, I so enjoyed it.
Jay
Aug 21, 2013 Jay added it
A hot debut novel from a underrated MC
Delonya
Feb 23, 2011 Delonya rated it it was amazing
Final Rating 4.5 Stars
Naiym Cooper
Aug 22, 2011 Naiym Cooper rated it really liked it
Good Read
Thomas Barkley
Thomas Barkley rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Daniel
Daniel rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Travis H.
Travis H. rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Vernon Legette
Vernon Legette marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
Alain Eugene
Alain Eugene marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
JABRIA
JABRIA rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
James Olverson-El
James Olverson-El rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2016
areyman gabriel
areyman gabriel rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
J
J marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Lester Andrade
Lester Andrade marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2015
Juanita
Juanita rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Benji Chasin
Benji Chasin marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • My Infamous Life: The Autobiography of Mobb Deep's Prodigy
  • Gutter: A Novel
  • Tears of a Hustler
  • Always a Queen
  • A Woman Scorned
  • Pipe Dream (Strivers Row)
  • The Saga Continues (Cheaper to Keep Her #2)
  • In Too Deep
  • Pure Paradise
  • Baltimore Chronicles Volume 1
  • Ideas and Integrities: A Spontaneous Autobiographical Disclosure
  • Morrissey: The Albums
  • The Honeymoon is Over
  • Hating Women: America's Hostile Campaign Against the Fairer Sex
  • Played
  • Alexander the Great and His Time (Dorset Oress Reprints Series)