Reapers, Inc. - Brigit's Cross

Reapers, Inc. - Brigit's Cross (Reapers, Inc. #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Reapers, Inc.- Brigit's Cross is the beginning episode of Brigit Malone, a thirty-something lesbian, that is accidently killed on the eve of her ten-year anniversary to her partner, Maggie Devon. When Brigit is offered a position with Reapers, Incorporated-- the firm that actually handles the business of passing souls to their final judgments-- she takes the position in or...more
Published December 10th 2009 by Createspace

Cheri
I would give it 2.5 stars, really, but the main reason for the low rating is because there are just so many misused words that I couldn't get past. There were several parts of the story, itself, that were tough for me to get behind and I caught myself thinking things like "what the hell?" and "why would they do that?".

But mostly the misused words, mostly typos that a spell checker wouldn't have caught but an editor or beta reader should have, drove me to distraction and I wasn't able to connect...more
Melissa
I like this one. The story was well put together and I found myself wanting to be the Reaper's Assistant!

This is the author's first book and I think she did a good job. While reading it it makes you question how you would react if you only had a very limited time with strangers. Would you be able to withhold judgment in order to help them pass through, or are we inclined to judge, even in death?

It was interesting to see the Grim Reaper portrayed as a regular person instead of what we normally ge...more
Emma
To be honest, I wasn't really expecting much from this book, I had it sitting, knew it came under the 'lesbian interest' type genre and knowing nothing else about it I decided to give it a go.

How pleasantly surprised was I! I really appreciated the dual element to the story focusing on Reapers Inc on one hand, and the relationship between Brigit and Maggie on the other. It was refreshing to read a lesbian storyline that was realistic and not just focused on sex, and I got totally caught up in th...more
Angela P
A friend gave me a copy of this book. She did so knowing that I love supernatural based stories. The heroine in the book Brigit Malone is a smart,sassy and strong woman that isn't afraid to let her emotions show. I enjoyed the juxtaposition between corporeal life and supernatural life, and how the charecter passed between the two,noting her observations of everything around her.

A thoughtful and well written book about the ramifications of certain choices and how someone that is self-aware deals...more
Lidia
. I found this book very interesting and original. I love the stories about the souls who live among ,was move by reading the stories of the characters and I smiled when I read a lot of hard work that the Grim Reaper make .Brigit is very nice and is a character strong.
Terry Baker
It’s Halloween and Brigit Malone is late to meet her partner, Maggie Devon. Unfortunately she isn’t going to be meeting her at all. She’s just been killed on her way home. Brigit and Maggie had been together almost ten years. One more day and they would have been celebrating their tenth anniversary.

Brigit had promised Maggie to always look after her and to always be there for her. How is she going to do that now?

As luck would have it, Brigit is offered a job at Reapers Incorporated. The firm o...more
Hazel
I haven't read a ghost story in ages, and thought this a promising idea. (The clue's in the title.) Unfortunately, it is very poorly written. I don't understand how writers get published when they lack basic English Language skills. Even the sentence structure is poor in places and eventually I concluded that the author must have English as a second language, in which case, she should fire her editor. Naturally, it begins a series.
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Trang
Trang marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Craig
Craig added it
Jun 25, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Dipak
Dipak marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Gaploon
Gaploon marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Apr 25, 2014
Marjorie
Marjorie marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Betül
Betül added it
Apr 04, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Willow  Rosenberg's Girl
Willow Rosenberg's Girl marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
the prince
the prince marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Officially: B.L. Newport was born with a strong belief and sensitivity in the supernatural side of life. After growing up in the small Northwest Arkansas town of Siloam Springs, she has lived in New York City and Las Vegas, Nevada. During these journeys, B.L. has discovered the joys of hard work, good friends and good coffee. She resides in Denver, Colorado.

Unofficially: B.L. Newport is a serious...more
More about B.L. Newport...
Reapers, Inc.- Rogue Reaper Reapers, Inc.- Dark Souls Reapers, Inc. - The Hunter (#4) The Assassin's Bargain Buddy Hatch & The End of the World