Start by marking “Destruction from Twins (Lor Mandela, #1)” as Want to Read:
Destruction from Twins (Lor Mandela, #1)

Destruction from Twins (Lor Mandela #1)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  24 reviews
When a selfish enchantress steals mystical powers from her twin sister, she sentences the far away world of Lor Mandela to an untimely death. Only one can save it--a Child of Balance named Audril Borloc. All hope seems lost, however, when shortly after her fourth birthday, Audril disappears without a trace.

Desperate to save their world, a group of spies travel to Earth in
Published February 17th 2010 by Realtime Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Destruction from Twins, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destruction from Twins

Princess Academy by Shannon HaleFablehaven by Brandon MullThe Goose Girl by Shannon HalePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgePrincess of Glass by Jessica Day George
Books by Utah Authors
204th out of 729 books — 371 voters
Vengeance by Michelle MadowRemembrance by Michelle MadowPure by Jennifer L. ArmentroutClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareHalf-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Dazzling Covers
94th out of 165 books — 50 voters

More lists with this book...

Woven
This book has caught me by surprise. I started reading this mesmerizing Novel wondering if it would capture my interest, and if it would keep me asking for more. For someone that is extremely hard to please this book has succeeded in not only capturing my interest, but now I am begging for more.

L Carroll has an imagination every aspiring writer would like to have; unfortunately it’s a gift only some acquire. She was able to create an alternate planet and a whole different society, where women –f
Louisa
This was a really good book, and I enjoyed reading it, it was a bit confusing at times, like adding accents in the dialogue, but other then that, I really enjoyed reading it!
Angela
I didn't like this book at all.
You know when you read a book that has it's own world? It introduces you to a whole different world- politics, scenery, the way people dress, and down to the food they eat? Yeah, it usually jumps out and it's not like you're reading a book, it's like you're watching a story unfold right before your eyes and it sucks you in instantly, because the world it describes is just so amazing and new that you can't possibly put the book down. And it describes in such great
Martha Cheves
Lor Mandela – Destruction from Twins – Review by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat

Destruction of twins, and so it must end.
They are the lock, yet they are not friends.
The Child of Balance can only restore.
Her father the key and she is the door.
The Riddle now told, the Advantiere presents,
Healing begins following events.

ONE comes swiftly in the morning
ONE unknowing moves in haste
ONE beloved through mighty fallen
ONE is chosen to forget her place
Elahk E Ber Lor Mandela!
One throu
Aydrea
First off I want to say that it took me awhile to get into this book. I think it was mostly because the prologue did not connect immediately to the story and I might have been a little confused. But don't let that stop you from reading it. Once I got to a certain point I liked it a lot better. Once things connected for me I read a lot faster.

This is a pretty cool fantasy novel, there are all sorts of crazy animals and people. There was magic, action, romance, bad guys and plot twists that kept
Lexie
So first of all, I just have to say, I LOVE the cover of this book! I am a huge fan of cover art (and yes, I admit, I do pick books based on their covers!) But I would definitely be interested in this book just by seeing the cover. And it gives you a feel for what to expect in the book.

Lor Mandela is definitely one of the most unique books I have ever read. It is an epic fantasy tale mixed with a contemporary YA read. It almost feels like two separate books mashed together. Each half of the book
Nerissa
This story is one of the best fantasy stories that I’ve read in a while. The story starts off in Lor Mandela a different planet where the fight for power has turned deadly. All it takes is one person’s greediness for power to ultimately causes a series of events that ends up turning the world of Lor Mandela upside down. This catastrophic event leads you on a whirlwind adventure to find the “child of balance” the solution to the problem.
We meet Maggie Baker who is an ordinary teenager living on e
HebaH
Nathan Hayes
Lor Mandela – Destruction From Twins by L. Carroll captured my interest even before I opened the book. The front cover features a beautiful young woman with piercing blue eyes and a rupturing planet. The back cover text describes a dying alien world, a prophetic riddle, and a “Child of Balance” who may or may not be a teenager from Earth. Immediately, I sensed I was holding an epic, entertaining read in my hands. I can tell you that Lor Mandela did not disappoint.

In Part One on Lor Mandela, twin
Jamie
I received this as a review copy from the author. This did not in any way affect my review.

Lor Mandela is a captivating story that I didn't want to stop reading. I was drawn in from just reading the summary and then when I started reading the book, wow. Let me tell you this is such a wild ride from beginning to end.

It starts off with the Lor Mandela world where the Vritesse is attempting to solve the riddle and figure out who the "child of balance" is. Lor Mandela is dying and destruction and w
Valerie
Running a drawing contest about the creatures from this book and the sequesl - check it out here http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/06/c... - Win an iTunes card

My Summary:

So there’s this power grab happening on Lor Mandela. It doesn’t go well and a lot of people die. Not so good for the planet either because the magic used in the power grad corrupts the magic holding the world together. The good news is that the child of balance has the power to restore the balance. The bad news is that well, she
C.C. Jackson
have to be honest, Lor Mandela- Destruction from Twins is not my normal type of read. I usually stick to romance or young adult. Honestly, I have never even read any of the Harry Potter series.

I picked this book because L. Carroll is one of my Twitter favs and I have been wanting to read it for a while and with the second book in the series about to be released I figured it was about time.

From the minute that I opened the cover, I found myself transported to another world. Lor Mandela is a ma
Michael Offutt
This book can be summed up by three words: Cause and effect. I would be as impressed with a story of a girl that was told not to put her hand on the burner on the stove, then she did so and got burnt, and then had to go to the hospital to get it fixed and in between here and there, parents went off on their own adventures, had to get found, then the people that had to find them went and disappeared and they had to get found etc. etc. all the way to the end of the book.

This introduction to Lor Ma
Krista Wayment
My Rating/Reviewing MO

I struggled to get through this book because it was confusing and at many points unbelievable. I should note I bumped up my rating one star for potential.

Lor Mendela seemed like a rich and fascinating fantasy world. At times my imagination was sparked by the details of the world. And for a self published work it was actually fairly decent.

My issues? It reads more like a first draft then a finished novel. It really should have been split into two books so that the author co
Tiffany (About to Read)
Destruction from Twins is an engaging, fast-paced high fantasy novel. From the very first chapter the reader is enveloped with scandal and intrigue, and the plot just kept getting better. There really wasn’t a dull moment in the novel.

The best part, however, was definitely the characters. They were well-developed and many of their interactions just felt real. Jonathan was my favorite character because he always made me laugh and his love for his family really shined through in the novel.

The only
The Book Mystress
Lor Mandela is a captivating world that I enjoyed escaping into.
Everything this world has to offer is something I loved being a part of.
L.Carrol’s has a writing style that portrayed the world she wanted us to be a part of so clearly, it took me in and refused to let me out.
Some of the novel could have been brought forward a little but there was enough other things going on for me not to think about that until I was writing this review.
I don’t have many bad things to say about this novel, the un
Opal
I had a few problems with this book. One of them was that the charcters were rather shallow. I never seemed to ever become fully connected with any of them.

Also, the jokes in the book always fell flat with me. The author’s sense of humor just didn’t fall in line with me and it irritated me more often then not.

For another thing, the battle scenes made no sense. What 17-year-old girl from modern Ohio is going to jump into battle with no qualms about killing a man? With a sword? Without breaking a
Lisa Flaus
WOW, this has to be one of the best novels I have ever read in my life! That is a huge statement for me to make because I am extremely fussy on books and the key to my personal reading criteria is that, in my very hectic life, I find a story I cannot put down.
I could not put this book down!
It is the key to success, when the author can keep you spellbound the entire journey.
It has extremely good descriptive writing, settings, character development and plot. The story is incredible and I loved
Amber Craig
I loved this book. I was recommended it as a friend of mine thought we wrote in similar styles. I picked it up and couldn't put it down. L. Carroll takes you to a different world in which I was oh so willing to go to. I loved the characters and throughly enjoyed the story. Getting to the end there was a few plot lines that I didn't think would happen, kind of came out of the blue (but in a good way) and had been blatantly obvious. Over all I enjoyed the story and I am looking forward to the next ...more
Jutta Heitland
A wonderful read, full of surprises and unexpected turns!
The author created with Lor Mandela a world with all the trimmings. The reader will not miss a thing: power-hungry rulers, intrigues, lovable and less endearing characters, mothers and children, fights and wars.

The author succeeds in creating a great mix between fantasy and reality. A great book for fantasy lovers! And who is not, will it be after reading.
Bleys
While I was reading this book I cannot help but compare it to Alice in Wonderland the movie. Yeah, I know sounds weird right? But it has something to do with evil twins and one human avenger. I have been really caught up with the scenes in the book. The plot may not be that fresh but it is fun, the characters very dynamic. A must buy!
Jodee Clark
I really really liked this one. I had a hard time putting it down and wasn't ready for the ending.

Great Story and believable likeable characters.
Anni
Jul 06, 2011 Anni added it
Check out my blog for giveaways and the Four Hundred Days Blog tour:
Kiersten
Kiersten marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Liarx46
Liarx46 marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Arianna
Arianna marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Marina
Marina marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Liseth
Liseth marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
We'll Always Have Summer 1 3 Sep 30, 2011 02:24AM
We'll Always have Summer 1 1 Sep 30, 2011 02:18AM
We'll always Have Summer 1 1 Sep 30, 2011 02:15AM
We'll always Have Summer 1 1 Sep 30, 2011 02:11AM
  • Amber Passion (The Enchanters, #3)
  • War of the Witch (Legacies of Talimura, #1)
  • Catalyst (The Passage of Hellsfire, #1)
  • The Mackenzie Legacy (The Athena Effect #2)
  • Familiar
  • When Fully Fused (Schasm #3)
  • Mercenary (Little Death Bringer, #1)
  • Common Descent (Darwin's Children, #3)
  • Veiled Innocence (The Soul Cycle, #1)
  • The Buried Covenant
  • Wildflower (Wildflower, #1)
  • Lover's Betrayal (Misfits of the Lore, #1)
  • Progeny of Innocence (Paradox, #2)
  • Happy Birthday to You (Birthday Trilogy, #3)
  • Dragon Aster (Dragon Aster Trilogy, #1)
  • The Advice Girl (Dalara, #1)
  • Billy Purgatory: I Am the Devil Bird
Part I (Destruction From Twins): When a selfish enchantress seeks to steal mystical powers from her twin sister, she sentences the world of Lor Mandela and its inhabitants to death. In an effort to preserve itself, the soul of the planet appoints a Child of Balance named Audril Borloc who must solve a prophetic riddle known as the Advantiere. All hope seems lost, however, when shortly after her fo ...more
More about L. Carroll...

Lor Mandela (2 books)
Four Hundred Days (Lor Mandela, #2)