Start by marking “The Raider's Promise” as Want to Read:
The Raider's Promise

The Raider's Promise (Viking Quest #5)

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  305 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Three years after their first adventure began, Bree, Devin and Mikkel now travel into a new world with their explorer mentor, Leif Erikson. From enduring a long winter in a homemade shelter to courageously holding on to their principles in the face of certain doom - these young travelers learn everything the hard way.
Published January 1st 2006 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Raider's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Raider's Promise

Rebecca
In the last book of the Viking Quest series, Bree and Devin accompany Mikkel’s expedition in return for Bree’s freedom. The raider’s promise is that he will take her home, but Bree wonders during the course of their trip. After he becomes a Christian, Bree notices changes in Mikkel, but she wonders if they are real. And as Mikkel learns to follow Christ, he learns to forgive, to admit wrong, and to truly care for others, which does include Bree. He also learns what it is to be a real leader, tha ...more
Ashley Bowen
AMAZING. This is my most favorite book in the world!!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!! COOL!!! LOVE THIS!!!
Beautiful finally!
Kami
This was a great ending to the Viking Quest series!! I loved it! This one was definitely my favorite in the series. This series would be great for girls and boys, kids and adults. The characters are loveable and you can relate to them in some ways. I love Bree and she is by far one of my favorite literary characters! You get to travel back in time and see what it might have been like for a girl who was captured by Vikings and what it would have been like for her to have been away from her family ...more
Lacey
Bree and her brother are with Mikkel as they travel with Leif Erickson to find a new land. Will Mikkel finally keep his promise to Bree to let her go home free? What has changed in Mikkel? Does he still believe in Thor and other Gods? His feelings and relationship with Bree is changing. Can Bree ever forgive him for all of these year away from her home and family? I really enjoyed this entire series. I've never read a viking story before and I absolutely enjoyed this five book series.
Karla M
My son is a 6th grade reader who struggles. He enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down. He grieved his end of "The Viking Quest" series. He enjoyed learning about character development against the backdrop of the discovery of the New World.
Leah Good
Can Bree, an Irish slave, trust her viking captor now that he has turned to Christ? Will Mikkel keep his promise and bring her home? And if he does, will he leave Ireland alive?

This my favorite book in what is probably my favorite series.
Lauren
A very satisfing ending to the Viking Quest series. Mikkel has kept Bree away from her home for four years. Bree just wants to go home- or does she? Something else is there, and Bree doesn't know what to do with it.
Rebecca
This series is great for older elementary readers. I remember reading the books many times, and Raider's Promise is definitely my favorite book in the series!
Hannah
Although the story took a turn I did not want it to, Walfrid did it so well that I almost liked it by the end. A satisfactory close to a good series.
Peter
The last in an excellent series, it teaches about forgiveness and trusting God in difficult times.
Morgan
This is my favorite book out of the Viking Series.
Hannah
This was my favorite of the series
Gracie
Gracie added it
Nov 11, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Polly
Polly added it
Nov 18, 2014
Riley Barnitz
Riley Barnitz marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Edwardian Rose
Edwardian Rose marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Sj
Sj marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
  • Rainbow Garden
  • Enemy Brothers (Living History Library)
  • The Red Keep: A Story of Burgundy in 1165
  • A Father's Promise
  • Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #2)
  • Hostage Lands
  • Chasing Jupiter
  • Madeleine Takes Command
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • Runaway (Starlight Animal Rescue, #1)
  • To Darkness Fled (Blood of Kings, #2)
  • Spy for the Night Riders
  • Rose's Story (The Girls of Lighthouse Lane, #2)
  • A Knight of the White Cross
Heart of Courage (Viking Quest, #4) Detroit's Eastern Market: A Farmers Market Shopping and Cooking Guide Waterbased Inks: A Screenprinting Manual for Studio and Classroom Creative Curriculum KS1 Traditional Tales. [Teachers' Guide]: Ages 8-12

“the trembling reached into Bree’s heart. Her hands started to shake.” 0 likes