In Vino Veritas (Lambert and Hook #23)

In Vino Veritas (Lambert and Hook #23)

2.9 of 5 stars 2.90  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The new Lambert and Hook mystery - Martin Beaumont is the uncompromising owner of a successful Gloucestershire vineyard. He has built the company steadily over the years, with a small but dedicated team by his side. However, he sees Abbey Vineyards as his company, to do with as he pleases, much to the chagrin of his senior staff members. So when he is found dead in his car...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Severn House Publishers (first published October 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about In Vino Veritas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Vino Veritas

Kathleen Dixon
I borrowed this book because when I was searching for a library copy of In Vino Veritas by Julie Thomas, this one popped up (along with several others also with the same title. As this one is part of a series I thought I'd try it out and see if I thought I might recommend the series to my mother, who's always looking for good detective stories.

Of course, 'good' is subjective. I don't think Mum would be that interested in these, so I won't let her know about them. Why? She likes clever. This boo...more
Susan
The first three-fifths of this book really dragged along to the point where I thought of giving it up. There was obviously something that encouraged me to keep going, and the last two-fifths, which consisted of the murder investigation, was very good. For quite some time during the first part, I felt disoriented - the story could just as easily have been set in the US as in England, there was so little difference in what was happening. It was a strange feeling!

Essentially, the story centers arou...more
Bob Bauer
First in the Lambert and Hook series. Book is unusual in that all suspects for a yet to be committed murder are introduced with their various motives. This beginning is long and not all that interesting with selfish or uninteresting characters. After Lambert and Hook are more prominently featured, the book moves a little quicker and becomes more interesting. Almost gave up on this one.
Michele
This book got a low rating because it took over a hundred pages for the crime to be committed, and I was so aggravated at that point I almost quit before finishing it. Nor did I like the solution all that much--it probably should have gotten a single or half a star.
Mike Gabor
This is only the third book I've read in this series but it is beginning to grow on me. I especially enjoy the banter between DS Hook and his sons. I will definitely read the other books in this series and look forward to new editions also.
Pauline
Pauline marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2013
Tammy Steinbeck
Tammy Steinbeck marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2012
Leanne Grondin
Leanne Grondin marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2012
James Michael Gregson taught for twenty-seven years in schools, colleges and universities before concentrating on full-time writing. He has written books on subjects as diverse as golf and Shakespeare.
More about J.M. Gregson...
Cry of The Children A Good Walk Spoiled (Lambert and Hook #21) Die Happy (Lambert and Hook #24) More Than Meets The Eye (Lambert and Hook #25) Least of Evils (Inspector Peach #16)