Start by marking “In Vino Veritas (Lambert and Hook #23)” as Want to Read:
In Vino Veritas (Lambert and Hook #23)

In Vino Veritas (Lambert and Hook #23)

The new Lambert and Hook mystery - Martin Beaumont is the uncompromising owner of a successful Gloucestershire vineyard. He has built the company steadily over the years, with a small but dedicated team by his side. However, he sees Abbey Vineyards as his company, to do with as he pleases, much to the chagrin of his senior staff members. So when he is found dead in his car ...more
Published November 1st 2010 by Severn House Publishers (first published October 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about In Vino Veritas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Vino Veritas

Damaskcat
Feb 27, 2016 Damaskcat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Martin Beaumont runs a very successful vineyard, shop and bed and breakfast establishment. Unfortunately he seems unwilling to give anyone else a share in his success even though he has several loyal staff members who have been with him from the start of the enterprise. There is no doubt he has done well but being an autocrat can result in enemies and some of them may be willing to take the ultimate step and murder him.

When Beaumont's body is discovered in an isolated spot with a bullet through
Kathleen Dixon
I borrowed this book because when I was searching for a library copy of In Vino Veritas by Julie Thomas, this one popped up (along with several others also with the same title. As this one is part of a series I thought I'd try it out and see if I thought I might recommend the series to my mother, who's always looking for good detective stories.

Of course, 'good' is subjective. I don't think Mum would be that interested in these, so I won't let her know about them. Why? She likes clever. This boo
Lynn
Nov 16, 2014 Lynn rated it really liked it
Martin Beaumont, the owner of Abby Vineyards is a real jerk. He tyrannizes his staff including the five people who help him run the vineyard. Then he's murdered.....and rightly so, I think. Lambert and Hook are the two detectives who are assigned to the murder. They "round up the usual suspects" and start looking into their alibis. They all lie!!!!! Mainly because they each had a valid reason to get rid of him. Trying to figure out who dunit, kept me going right up to the end.
Bob Bauer
Jun 02, 2011 Bob Bauer rated it liked it
Shelves: crime, novel
First in the Lambert and Hook series. Book is unusual in that all suspects for a yet to be committed murder are introduced with their various motives. This beginning is long and not all that interesting with selfish or uninteresting characters. After Lambert and Hook are more prominently featured, the book moves a little quicker and becomes more interesting. Almost gave up on this one.
Michele
Nov 12, 2010 Michele rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
This book got a low rating because it took over a hundred pages for the crime to be committed, and I was so aggravated at that point I almost quit before finishing it. Nor did I like the solution all that much--it probably should have gotten a single or half a star.
Mike Gabor
Jun 09, 2012 Mike Gabor rated it really liked it
Shelves: british-mystery
This is only the third book I've read in this series but it is beginning to grow on me. I especially enjoy the banter between DS Hook and his sons. I will definitely read the other books in this series and look forward to new editions also.
Jennifer Heins
Jennifer Heins marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Nepeta
Nepeta rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Aug 20, 2016
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Vivienne Walker
Vivienne Walker marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Donna H Jensen
Donna H Jensen rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Judy Parker
Judy Parker rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Jo
Jo added it
Apr 09, 2016
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Bev Wire
Bev Wire rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
linda sabbage
linda sabbage rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Phyllis Wright
Phyllis Wright marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Jennifer Hawley
Jennifer Hawley marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Osriop
Osriop added it
Jan 24, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Julie Keimig
Julie Keimig marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Brenda Benoit
Brenda Benoit marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
James Michael Gregson taught for twenty-seven years in schools, colleges and universities before concentrating on full-time writing. He has written books on subjects as diverse as golf and Shakespeare.
More about J.M. Gregson...

Lambert and Hook (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Murder at the Nineteenth (Lambert and Hook #1)
  • For Sale - With Corpse (Lambert and Hook #2)
  • Dead on Course (Lambert and Hook #3)
  • Bring Forth Your Dead (Lambert and Hook #4)
  • The Fox in the Forest (Lambert and Hook #5)
  • Stranglehold (Lambert and Hook #6)
  • Death of a Nobody (Lambert and Hook #8)
  • Accident by Design (Lambert and Hook #9)
  • Body Politic (Lambert and Hook #10)
  • Girl Gone Missing (Lambert and Hook #11)