Start by marking “Diabetes Burnout: What to Do When You Can't Take It Anymore” as Want to Read:
Diabetes Burnout: What to Do When You Can't Take It Anymore

Diabetes Burnout: What to Do When You Can't Take It Anymore

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Living with diabetes is hard. It's easy to get discouraged, frustrated, and burned out. Here's an author that understands the emotional rollercoaster and gives you the tools you need to keep from being overwhelmed, addressing such issues as dealing with friends and family, and how you can better handle the stress for better health. Written with compassion and a sprinkle of ...more
Published December 1st 1999 by American Diabetes Association (first published November 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Diabetes Burnout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diabetes Burnout

Juney
If you had to read only one book about Diabetes THIS is the book! Extremely insightful for any Diabetics who are feeling overwhelmed or frustrated with the many different aspects that they are faced with. Down to earth. Real - not preachy. Even people not faced with Diabetes will walk away after reading it having learned something.
Stuart
May 19, 2012 Stuart rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Diabetics with experience having trouble coping with things
Shelves: diabetes, a-review
Patricia
Good information on how to overcome difficulties in sticking to healthy living patterns which will help avoid serious complications later in the progression of this disease.
Sherrie
Not my preferred style of book. I don't like reading all about other people's problems with the disease. Not sure the book answers the burn-out question. If I am burned-out on the disease, I am not going to readily answer worksheet questions found in the book.
Mason Kirksey
I started reading this book when I was severely struggling with diabetes-induced depression. There were several takeaways that helped, but the most beneficial part of the book for me was the chapter on the link between depression and Type 1 Diabetes.
Donna
This was ok but I had hoped it was going to help me with a specific issue. It talked around the issue but didn't give any practical advice on how to deal with it which was disappointing.
Eva
Anyone who wants to know what day-to-day life with diabetes can be like should read this book.
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Rui Santos
Rui Santos is currently reading it
Dec 14, 2014
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Siah
Siah added it
Oct 10, 2014
Tami Kuhn
Tami Kuhn marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Lilian
Lilian marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Chloe Pritchett
Chloe Pritchett marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Alberto
Alberto marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
David Bussey
David Bussey marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Secrets of Living and Loving with Diabetes: Three Experts Answer Questions You've Always Wanted to Ask Diabetes Education Goals