Start by marking “Diabetes Burnout: What to Do When You Can't Take It Anymore” as Want to Read:
Diabetes Burnout: What to Do When You Can't Take It Anymore

Diabetes Burnout: What to Do When You Can't Take It Anymore

Living with diabetes is hard. It's easy to get discouraged, frustrated, and burned out. Here's an author that understands the emotional rollercoaster and gives you the tools you need to keep from being overwhelmed, addressing such issues as dealing with friends and family, and how you can better handle the stress for better health. Written with compassion and a sprinkle of ...more
Published December 1st 1999 by American Diabetes Association (first published November 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Diabetes Burnout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diabetes Burnout

Juney
May 16, 2008 Juney rated it really liked it
If you had to read only one book about Diabetes THIS is the book! Extremely insightful for any Diabetics who are feeling overwhelmed or frustrated with the many different aspects that they are faced with. Down to earth. Real - not preachy. Even people not faced with Diabetes will walk away after reading it having learned something.
Monica Willyard
Sep 09, 2015 Monica Willyard rated it it was amazing
I needed the information in this book so badly. I wish it had been available to me years ago. Diabetes, especially when you use insulin, is not something you can easily control like a car or a computer. It's more like taming a wild mustang stallion with a mind of its own. It requires constant vigilance with no real vacation. Sometimes you think you're doing things just right, and then you test your blood sugar. Surprise! Your body had other plans.
Stuart
Aug 28, 2011 Stuart rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Diabetics with experience having trouble coping with things
Shelves: diabetes, a-review
Mason Kirksey
Nov 15, 2013 Mason Kirksey rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I started reading this book when I was severely struggling with diabetes-induced depression. There were several takeaways that helped, but the most beneficial part of the book for me was the chapter on the link between depression and Type 1 Diabetes.
Patricia
Good information on how to overcome difficulties in sticking to healthy living patterns which will help avoid serious complications later in the progression of this disease.
Sherrie
Mar 09, 2013 Sherrie rated it it was ok
Not my preferred style of book. I don't like reading all about other people's problems with the disease. Not sure the book answers the burn-out question. If I am burned-out on the disease, I am not going to readily answer worksheet questions found in the book.
Jim
Sep 05, 2015 Jim marked it as to-read
Recommended by Delnor
Eva
Aug 29, 2013 Eva rated it it was amazing
Anyone who wants to know what day-to-day life with diabetes can be like should read this book.
Donna
Jun 16, 2012 Donna rated it it was ok
This was ok but I had hoped it was going to help me with a specific issue. It talked around the issue but didn't give any practical advice on how to deal with it which was disappointing.
Karen
Jan 12, 2017 Karen rated it it was amazing
Diabetes is a difficult disease to live with. This book is very helpful in many ways. It's helpful to know more about what you are dealing with. A great resource to keep handy.
Isaac
Isaac rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
Sheila Richburg
Sheila Richburg rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Char
Char rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2011
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2012
Amy Ford
Amy Ford rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2015
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2012
Bru Martins
Bru Martins rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Deborah
Deborah rated it liked it
May 21, 2016
Rozzo
Rozzo rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2014
Charles
Charles rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2012
Dizzyca C
Dizzyca C rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2013
Caro
Caro rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2007
Lisa P
Lisa P rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2016
Jennah Pech
Jennah Pech rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2015
Nicole Antal
Nicole Antal rated it it was ok
Oct 13, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2012
Pauline
Pauline rated it liked it
May 23, 2015
Gerard
Gerard rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015