Start by marking “The Organic Chem Lab Survival Manual: A Student's Guide to Techniques” as Want to Read:
The Organic Chem Lab Survival Manual: A Student's Guide to Techniques

The Organic Chem Lab Survival Manual: A Student's Guide to Techniques

* Praised by students and faculty for its clarity, use of humor, and appropriate amount of detail.
* Emphasis on safety in the lab encourages students to maintain safe practices.
* Succinct coverage of information makes it ideal for quick reference in the lab.
* Short sections with targeted information make information easier to find and comprehend.
Published May 1st 2007 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Organic Chem Lab Survival Manual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Organic Chem Lab Survival Manual

Quí Hiển
Feb 15, 2014 Quí Hiển rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chemistry
The most silly and crazy chem lab text book ever written. It constantly insults you. It could be a fun read and can cheer you up whenever you have to face with a dull lab report. Otherwise it could be regarded as some form of procrastination in which you can safely reassure yourself that at least you're reading some useful stuff.
Tori
May 05, 2008 Tori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teachers and students of chemistry
Recommended to Tori by: Dr. Walsh
Shelves: nerdy-stuff, science
This book was required for my Organic Chemistry lab this past fall, and I swear it's what got me through. This manual is very tongue-in-cheek and contains many things I could hear myself saying to my own students. Zubrick manages to somehow make chemistry fun and funny, which is no small feat, let me tell you. I obviously didn't sell this one back at the end of the semester.

This book should be a staple for all students of chemistry, and it should be on the classroom bookshelves of every high sch
Kelsey
Dec 01, 2015 Kelsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would have had about 80 panic attacks and died without this book. Instead, I felt knowledgeable and capable heading into organic lab, and even managed to enjoy myself while reading.

This book's value is therefore priceless.
Celeste
Feb 28, 2010 Celeste rated it did not like it
Haven't even finished reading this book yet and already hate it. Sad attempts to be funny/clever fall short. Would much rather be given essential equipment, reaction, etc. information than this overly long, wannabe comedy show version. Distillation, gas chromatography, deprotonation--they're not funny. Just accept it.
Ashley
Jun 09, 2010 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was sad I had to read this book, but it was a thousand times more helpful than my actual lab book. Had I not read this I would not have been able to complete a lot of the experiments well and in a timely manner, and I my write-ups would have been a lot harder.
Maria
May 07, 2007 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Science Students
Shelves: science
While organic chem lab was not fun the snarky voice of this text made it a little more bearable. The text was readable and the fact that it would insult me while I was trying to study was a bonus.
Useless, overpriced, and (very unfortunately) required.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 Benjamin Plume rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good tool.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Lakni Jayasinghe
Lakni Jayasinghe marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it did not like it
Sep 03, 2016
Jordan
Jordan rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2016
Leo
Leo rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2016
Meaghan
Meaghan rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Nyla
Nyla added it
Aug 06, 2016
Dina
Dina rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Tanush Jagdish
Tanush Jagdish rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Cosmic Arcata
Cosmic Arcata marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
Dustin
Dustin rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2016
Theresa Matthews
Theresa Matthews rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
damon dumond
damon dumond marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
B B
B B marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Shane Swan
Shane Swan rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016