Start by marking “Hollywood Husbands” as Want to Read:
Hollywood Husbands

Hollywood Husbands (Hollywood Series #2)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,620 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
"Hollywood Husbands" are hot... "Hollywood Husbands" are dynamic... "Hollywood Husbands" are sexy... Jack Python is the hottest Hollywood Husband of all. He rules nighttime T.V. and his controversial talk show burns up the ratings, while the women he encounters melt. With one expensive divorce behind him, and involved in a highly erotic affair with Oscar-winning actress Cl ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 560 pages
Published May 1st 1990 by Pocket (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Hollywood Husbands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hollywood Husbands

The Merchant of Venice by William ShakespeareAmsterdam by Ian McEwanA Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty  SmithRooftops of Tehran by Mahbod SerajiDubliners by James Joyce
Cities
29th out of 285 books — 44 voters
The Love of the Last Tycoon by F. Scott FitzgeraldHollywood Wives by Jackie CollinsThe Day of the Locust by Nathanael West13 Hollywood Apes by Gil ReavillForce Majeure by Bruce Wagner
Novels about Making Movies in Hollywood
7th out of 15 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Trixie Fontaine
I don't know how anyone can say this book is "terribly written" when it is so TIGHT. Speaking of tight, if anyone today wrote a book with the term "baby pussy" tossed around so frequently, I'm sure they'd be lynched.

The only thing I can think to complain about is how embarrassing it is to read her attempts at slanging things up, especially the handful of times she "oony'd" words (I can't remember what they were, but something like "a real blockbusteroony" or "she's a real freakaroony". These boo
Brooklyn Tayla
This was fabulous! A roller coaster ride of fun, sex, entertainment and murder. Never guessed it would end how it did. Shocking! ;)
Joe
Jun 06, 2015 Joe rated it it was amazing
A true masterpiece of its genre. Collins serves up the most colorful cast of characters you can hope to find, and sets them into hijinks that never stop for more than 500 pages. There's a mysteriously aloof and mirthless movie star, a charismatic television host and his sister desperately striving to stay on top, a coke-addicted studio head who can never rest to enjoy his prestige and money, a teenage waif of a rock star, a billionaire studio head who always gets what he wants - it goes on and o ...more
Joanne
Oct 20, 2014 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bonkbusters
I always love a Jackie Collins book and this didn't disappoint. Hollywood Husbands has a fast-moving plot which centres on a large cast of characters with fantastic names. I mean, where else would you find the names: Jack Python, Wes Money, Mannon Cable, Whitney Valentine, Silver Anderson? I was swept up in each character's story. Collins' Hollywood is depicted as a world with it's own rules. It is filled with power, money, betrayals, greed, jealousies, glamour, sex (not as much as you might thi ...more
Sara
May 01, 2016 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Jackie Collins novel I've ever read, although I have of course heard her name many times. My book club picked this to read this month, and I had no clue what I was getting into based on the title, the author, or even the book's description. The book jumped all over the place, with probably a dozen "main" characters in Hollywood living their own dramatic, crazy life: Jack, the famous talk show host who's currently tied to the actress Clarissa; Manny, an actor who's on his second ...more
Meryan
May 24, 2015 Meryan rated it it was amazing
Great read.Three men started in Hollywood and this is thier story,mostly.Jack Python who has a nighttime talk show,he is gorgeous,wealthy and powerful.Howard Soloman,who is head of Orpheus Studios,is short and bald,has 3 divorces,and a wife that spends money at a speed faster than sound.Mannon Cable,a superstar that is gorgeous and is divored from Whitney Valerie Cable whom he thinks he still loves ans is married to Melanie-Shanna.Jack also has a sister,Silver who is one of the biggest acctresse ...more
Maiki
Mar 03, 2016 Maiki rated it it was amazing
woow an happy ending for all that deserved it..second chances family reunion.. finding love when least expected.tragedies changing people's lives great experience..
Book Addict Shaun
Sep 24, 2013 Book Addict Shaun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I thought with having read over 130 books this year and with the release of GTA V that I wouldn't get much reading done during my week off, I felt overwhelmed by the amount of words and books I have read this year. But with my target of 150 books in 2013 so close I decided to continue reading the books of my favourite author, Jackie Collins. I read Hollywood Wives: The New Generation a few days ago within 24 hours and when I started this, Hollywood Husbands I expected it to take a few days. 648 ...more
Kate Elizabeth
I'm reading this whole trashy series. It is trashy. A three-star rating for a trashy book is different than a three-star rating for a "real" book, so to speak, but for what it is, I don't hate it. Not as good (well you know "good") as the first one. Maybe 2.5. Maybe just 2.
Andrea Buschman
Sep 23, 2015 Andrea Buschman rated it liked it
I used to love reading Jackie Collins when I was younger. Reading this was like visiting some old (rich and famous) friends. Thank you Ms. Collins for giving us such entertaining tales.
Evelyn Wilson
Aug 21, 2014 Evelyn Wilson rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy Jackie Collins Hollywood stories! This was no exception! Was shocked to learn who the girl was: Lighting the first match was easy....
Juanita
Jul 09, 2016 Juanita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually managed to work out who the mystery character was in this (for a change).Despite all the gratuitous sex, she DOES write a good story.
Carol Catanese
Dec 26, 2015 Carol Catanese rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazingly Awesome

Amazingly Awesome, exciting, intriguing, interesting, a true Jackie Collins winner all the way, right down to the very last page!!!
Marsha
Sep 11, 2008 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: women in particular
Recommended to Marsha by: Got a used copy for free
It took me several weeks to read this 1986 novel by Jackie Collins as it was long and I read just a few chapters at a time. Nonetheless, I did enjoy her story. There were many plotlines and points of view, and I was absorbed in their stories. There was sex in the book, but I don't think anything distasteful; in fact, much of it was corny. My favorite characters and plotlines involved movie star Silver and the good-looking macho guy with no fortune, but the ironic last name: Wes Money. I also lik ...more
Brandon Van der Windsor
May 25, 2013 Brandon Van der Windsor rated it really liked it
I'm working my way through Jackie Collins' "Hollywood" series for the second time. -A first as back-to-back reads and they are so different to me than the first time I read them.

Hollywood Husbands is really good. Not as well-known as Hollywood Wives, but in my opinion it's much better. I really believed these characters and enjoyed their journey.

If you haven't read it before, or in a long time, I suggest you check it out. It's a fun summer read that takes you on an enjoyable trip through Holly
Tanya
Sep 16, 2013 Tanya rated it it was amazing
I actually read this for my G C S E English Literature in 1988 when I was 15 along side 2 other of her books, i had to get permission to read them as they were not the usual books that were being read by the rest of my class.
I really enjoyed this one and it is still one of her best, full of bad boys and bitches, each with their own agenda, some with secrets or dark past's. A good fun escapism read.
Julia
Dec 29, 2012 Julia rated it it was amazing
Yes, I know this is an old book, but my copy is autographed by Jackie Collins and I have a pic of her and me in my living room holding my precious volume.

I'm re-reading this before bedtime, for the umpteenth time. I love, love, love Jackie Collins.
Mary
Apr 25, 2008 Mary rated it did not like it
I found this book in the lunchroom where I work. It has a bookmark stuck in it that says, "I'm a FREE book!" Apparently it's a sequel to Hollywood Wives. Having never read its predecessor, I sure hope I can keep up with this one...
Jessica
Aug 01, 2008 Jessica rated it liked it
oh so trashy... with shoulder pads, big hair, cocaine. terribly written, predictable, with utterly flat characters, but oh so enjoyable in a way that makes you feel dirty inside. the literary equivalent of a hershey's bar.
Desiree Manning
Aug 03, 2013 Desiree Manning rated it it was amazing
It Gives you and insight into what Hollywood husbands do, scandalous. exciting. Inciting. Erotic. Suspenseful. It's everything mashed into one marvelous story! ALL Jackie Collin books will be on my to-do re-read list 8:•)
Joy
Oct 20, 2014 Joy rated it it was ok
I have enjoyed the Jackie Collin books I've read but this on was difficult for me to get through. I liked the beginning and the end but some of the middle dragged on. Not a favorite of mine.
Indah Threez Lestari
1053 - 2014

#Program BUBU

Buku Jackie Collins yang pertama kubaca waktu SMA.

Adegan dewasanya lebih eksplisit ketimbang Sidney Sheldon.

Terjemahan Carl Chairul terasa pas.
angrykitty
Dec 15, 2008 angrykitty rated it really liked it
i mean, i get why she wrote this, but it just wasn't anywhere near as good as wives. wives was classic. classic. it was prime time smut and it was such a great high school read.
Alina
Jan 29, 2014 Alina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED LOVED LOVED! Especially the storyline with Wes and Silver. I have read 14 Jackie Collins books and this one by far is my favorite one yet!
Misty Battle
Aug 06, 2013 Misty Battle rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Misty by: Misty
Shelves: guilty-pleasure
I enjoyed this book. It was nice to get a man's point of view. Usually it is from the female or more female based. Good job on this one Jackie!
Marylou Marshall
Nov 14, 2012 Marylou Marshall rated it it was ok
could never get around to finishing the book off. Too many characters to concentrate on.
will have to give it another go.
Farshana Sihab
Apr 01, 2015 Farshana Sihab rated it liked it
Shelves: nool-lib
Typical Jackie collins book with lots of colorful characters each with their own idiosyncrasies!
An engaging read!
Laila Dimyati
Sep 11, 2011 Laila Dimyati rated it liked it
Steamy hot. The 2nd novel from the Hollywood Trilogy. Feel like insecure to men while reading this.
Stacy
Aug 09, 2011 Stacy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction-drama
Very good! I read this before I read Hollywood Wives and actually liked it better.
-A
Feb 18, 2013 -A rated it liked it
Summer 2000 (most likely) consisted a lot of Jackie Collins' books. No regrets :)
Jackie Collins Fans: Hollywood Husbands 1 2 Nov 15, 2012 09:40AM
  • The Man Who Made Husbands Jealous (Rutshire Chronicles, #4)
  • I'll Take Manhattan
  • Love And Desire And Hate
  • Lace II
  • Pandora's Box
  • California Dreamin': The True Story of the Mamas and the Papas The Music, the Madness, the Magic that was
  • Fate and Ms. Fortune
  • The Lonely Lady
  • A Ruling Passion
There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy
More about Jackie Collins...

Hollywood Series (5 books)
  • Hollywood Wives