Start by marking “Under the Knife: A Beautiful Woman, a Phony Doctor, and a Shocking Homicide” as Want to Read:
Under the Knife: A Beautiful Woman, a Phony Doctor, and a Shocking Homicide

Under the Knife: A Beautiful Woman, a Phony Doctor, and a Shocking Homicide

3.35  ·  Rating Details  ·  52 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Handsome, charming, and a fixture on the New York City club scene, Dean Faiello had built a thriving beauty business. But money was never enough for Faiello, whose hard-partying ways constantly left him on the edge of ruin. So he did the unthinkable and worked as a cosmetic surgeon—even though he had no medical degree, or training whatsoever.

In the spring of 2003, a beauti
Published April 3rd 2007 by St. Martin's True Crime

To ask other readers questions about Under the Knife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Knife

Andrea Fife
This book was okay at best. The plot was interesting, but instead of being presented with some suspense, it was all laid out in chronological order, covering every angle at all times. For me, that made it pretty boring.
Book Faerie
While I did find out some bits and pieces that I didn't get from reading all the internet articles, this still fell very flat and dry and lacking. I guess I hoped to get more insight into Dean and where he is now. There's very little from Dean's POV. Basically, just brief tidbits of conversations and nothing after his sentencing. Not what I hoped for or expected. Many injustices occurred in this case. Mostly, how sad that two lives of great potential ended so tragically in relation to each other ...more
Rita
Jan 25, 2016 Rita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story should really never of happened but it did and many people's lives changed overnight. It was very well written, detail on the manner of deceivers dressed in sheep's clothing.I found it fasinating and recommend it. A riveting read
you will enjoy.
Rosemary Rampton
This was a re-read. Done via audiobook. The reader did not help the story.
A.r.
Refers to AUDIOBOOK: So far I'm not impressed. It's really boring, with way to much background filler about every single person mentioned, their brothers, sisters, aunts, cousins etc etc. I'll try to finish listening, but it is so far very dull. (I do like Diane Fanning though).
Ryann Barker
Nov 18, 2014 Ryann Barker rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
90% of this book was unneeded filler.
Sandy
Feb 12, 2009 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Date read on all my books are the day I finish reading them.
I liked this book because it flowed easy. It took you step by step through the events to tell the whole story but did not add a lot of unnecessary side information.
It was not the most grasping and intriguiging book I have read but it was good enought to keep me interested through the end.
Rowena Willson
Rowena Willson marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Jennifer Todd
Jennifer Todd marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
Nat
Nat marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Wendy Klutsenbaker
Wendy Klutsenbaker marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Allie
Allie marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Heatherton
Heatherton marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Megan Perretta
Megan Perretta marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
dolores willeford
dolores willeford rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Mike Mitchell
Mike Mitchell marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2016
Loraine Roberts
Loraine Roberts rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2016
Sammantha
Sammantha marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
sonya wilkinson
sonya wilkinson rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016