Start by marking “The Dream” as Want to Read:
The Dream

The Dream (Singing River #2)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  267 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Lanie Freeman's life changed swiftly and irrevocably with the death of her mother and the imprisonment of her father. She struggles to hold together her family, pursue her dreams, and follow her heart. Then the new preacher arrives---and Lanie's world is turned upside down! Book Two in the Singing River series.
Published May 26th 2009 by Zondervan (first published August 27th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dream

Louise
Sep 04, 2009 Louise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Dream continues the saga of the Freeman family from Book #1, The Homeplace. I can't wait to get started on Book #3!!!

Poor Lanie, the sweetest 17-year-old girl anywhere continues to struggle for her family. At 17 Lanie is responsible for her 4 younger siblings with some help from her very elderly Aunt Kazia, and bad enough she has to struggle for her own family to survive, but Davis, one of her younger brothers, shows up at home one evening with quite the surprise! Watching her church struggl
Michelle
Apr 09, 2009 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was reminded that romance or romantice notions are not the best way to choose a mate. Praying and waiting until you feel that God has lead you to the right choice is a great ripple in this book and the whole series. Another reminder in the is book is the power of prayer. Something to watch out for is decision theology. God chose you, you can't choose Him! That way is best anyway, we can't screw it up withour sinful decisions! Stay true to His word, praying that His will be done-whatever that m ...more
Natalie Vellacott
Morris was the first Christian fiction writer I read and this the first series. I picked the first in the series (The Homeplace) up in a Christian bookshop and enjoyed it so much that I bought the rest of the series of 4. The story is set around a Christian family living in a simple rural area. It is about the various trials they experience due to death and absence of key members of the family for various reasons. I especially liked the sense of community encapsulated in the series and that ever ...more
Angela
Apr 20, 2015 Angela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not really a fan. Again, I liked the idea of the story line (for the most part). However, there was too much "loose" romance; standards seemed to be compromised left and right (not any farther than a kiss, but still). And the entire thing with the conflict over the preacher really grated on me. I felt the way that the author presented the conflict was not balanced.
Loraine
A little bit slower than the first book, and pretty predictable. But again, I'm reading the next one.
Susan
Jul 24, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this portion of the story. I felt that there was good character development and things moved along well.
Don
I liked it.
Barbara Bolding
May 09, 2015 Barbara Bolding rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it.
Krissie
Jan 28, 2014 Krissie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
the Freemans, preacher on a motorcycle, Lanie 17
Michelle
Loved this book as much as I loved the first one~ what a truly inspirational author! One of the first series authors that is a Christian that is a male~ and I'm shocked how much he takes the reader into his stories with such compassion!

Lanie is trying to do whats right for her siblings and do what her parents would of done in that place. She is guided by the almighty God and His Word and its amazing what happens when she listens to only HIM!
Mom
Jan 07, 2016 Mom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't imagine having so little money and making ends meet. We have come a long ways from the Great Depression. Not even having 3 cents to mail a letter... Course even as well as we live now, there are still people that are living month to month or not even making it then so we have struggles just as they did back then - just a different time.
Ciara Cruz
Aug 17, 2009 Ciara Cruz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 2nd book 2 the singing river series and it was a really good book its just as good as the 1st one only there is a new charcter!:o Apreacher on a motorcycle. There is so many ? running in Lanie's brain is he a good pastor?Why cant my brother read? and how much longer till i can reach my DREAMS?
Nikki
Jun 25, 2008 Nikki rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty good book. Wasn't intense by any means but I defintely wanted to know how it ended. Gilbert Morris is a good Christian author and has tons of books. This is the 2nd in a 3 part series. I have the 3rd book on reserve at the library...
Annie
May 20, 2009 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the wholesome goodness of this book. It helped me realize thta the tough economic times we are going through today are similar to the great depression. People made it through that with help from above and we can too.
Bethany
Jul 08, 2010 Bethany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well fooey! I was really interested to know what happened and then it just stopped. I guess I have to read book 3 now.

I wish I had seen a little more of Cass, but overall it was really good.
Nita
Feb 11, 2008 Nita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the first one couldn't wait to read this one. I couldn't put it down!! Gilbert Morris continues to show Gods awesome love and power in this story of a family on it's own.
Rebecca Rash
May 19, 2013 Rebecca Rash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book stands out to me from the rest of the series; I think it is because I feel so close to Lanie in this volume. Pulled me in from start to finish!
Charity Sheppard
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Meadow
Nov 22, 2009 Meadow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well written. The romance is kind of obvious, at least i THINK I know what's going to happen in the books to come.
Natalia
It was a good book, a little hard to get into at the beginning.
Mikie
May 10, 2008 Mikie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very real story. Nothing short of amazing.
Lisa
Singing River series / book two
Robyn
Great series
Judith Mullett
Judith Mullett is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2016
Tonya
Tonya rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Sunderbug
Sunderbug marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Aurora Hauke
Aurora Hauke marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Abbie Butcher
Abbie Butcher rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
  • Hope Rekindled (Striking a Match, #3)
  • Hold Up the Sky
  • The Gardens of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #2)
  • The Carousel Painter
  • The Deer in the Wood
  • Promised to Me (Coming to America #4)
  • From Across the Ancient Waters (The Green Hills of Snowdonia, #1)
  • Opal (Dakotah Treasures, #3)
  • Sarah's Promise (Country Road Chronicles, #4)
  • Shadow of the Mountains (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #2)
  • Separate Roads (Ribbons West, #2)
  • Sweet Sanctuary
  • Life on Planet Mom: A Down-To-Earth Guide to Your Changing Relationships
  • A Kiss of Adventure (Treasures of the Heart #1)

Singing River (4 books)