The Dream

The Dream (Singing River #2)

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  216 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Lanie Freeman's life changed swiftly and irrevocably with the death of her mother and the imprisonment of her father. She struggles to hold together her family, pursue her dreams, and follow her heart. Then the new preacher arrives---and Lanie's world is turned upside down! Book Two in the Singing River series.
Published May 26th 2009 by Zondervan (first published April 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dream

Louise
The Dream continues the saga of the Freeman family from Book #1, The Homeplace. I can't wait to get started on Book #3!!!

Poor Lanie, the sweetest 17-year-old girl anywhere continues to struggle for her family. At 17 Lanie is responsible for her 4 younger siblings with some help from her very elderly Aunt Kazia, and bad enough she has to struggle for her own family to survive, but Davis, one of her younger brothers, shows up at home one evening with quite the surprise! Watching her church struggl...more
Michelle
I was reminded that romance or romantice notions are not the best way to choose a mate. Praying and waiting until you feel that God has lead you to the right choice is a great ripple in this book and the whole series. Another reminder in the is book is the power of prayer. Something to watch out for is decision theology. God chose you, you can't choose Him! That way is best anyway, we can't screw it up withour sinful decisions! Stay true to His word, praying that His will be done-whatever that m...more
Don
I liked it.
Krissie
the Freemans, preacher on a motorcycle, Lanie 17
Michelle
Loved this book as much as I loved the first one~ what a truly inspirational author! One of the first series authors that is a Christian that is a male~ and I'm shocked how much he takes the reader into his stories with such compassion!

Lanie is trying to do whats right for her siblings and do what her parents would of done in that place. She is guided by the almighty God and His Word and its amazing what happens when she listens to only HIM!
Ciara Cruz
This is the 2nd book 2 the singing river series and it was a really good book its just as good as the 1st one only there is a new charcter!:o Apreacher on a motorcycle. There is so many ? running in Lanie's brain is he a good pastor?Why cant my brother read? and how much longer till i can reach my DREAMS?
Nikki
This was a pretty good book. Wasn't intense by any means but I defintely wanted to know how it ended. Gilbert Morris is a good Christian author and has tons of books. This is the 2nd in a 3 part series. I have the 3rd book on reserve at the library...
Annie
I liked the wholesome goodness of this book. It helped me realize thta the tough economic times we are going through today are similar to the great depression. People made it through that with help from above and we can too.
Bethany
Well fooey! I was really interested to know what happened and then it just stopped. I guess I have to read book 3 now.

I wish I had seen a little more of Cass, but overall it was really good.
Nita
Loved the first one couldn't wait to read this one. I couldn't put it down!! Gilbert Morris continues to show Gods awesome love and power in this story of a family on it's own.
Rebecca Rash
This book stands out to me from the rest of the series; I think it is because I feel so close to Lanie in this volume. Pulled me in from start to finish!
Charity Sheppard
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Meadow
Very well written. The romance is kind of obvious, at least i THINK I know what's going to happen in the books to come.
Natalia
It was a good book, a little hard to get into at the beginning.
Mikie
A very real story. Nothing short of amazing.
Lisa
Singing River series / book two
Robyn
Great series
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Ann Marie
Ann Marie marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Lindsey Bakken
Lindsey Bakken marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Alyssa Faith
Alyssa Faith marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Micki Levin
Micki Levin marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Aug 03, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Ella
Ella marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow) Sword of Truth The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow) The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2) The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)