Start by marking “Perhaps.” as Want to Read:
Perhaps.

Perhaps.

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  21 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A collection of short fiction by Stephen Schwegler. In fact, one might go so far as to say the single greatest collection of short fiction by Stephen Schwegler known to man or beast! Perhaps. includes the legendary and hilarious stories "Jesus Was Broke," "Doughnuts," "Big Titty Showdown," and "Rodents from Beyond: Part One," as well as eight equally as legendary and hilar ...more
Published March 15th 2010 by Jersey Devil Press

To ask other readers questions about Perhaps., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perhaps.

Derek
Dec 17, 2013 Derek rated it did not like it
It's not often I find a book I can't stand, but this one definitely is at the top of the list. I strongly dislike the writing style, the stories were dull, and this entire collection lacked substance. Horrid. I would never recommend this to anyone, even those who enjoy bizarro. At least it was free.
SirShucky
Nov 03, 2012 SirShucky rated it liked it
Most of the stories were short and quite a bit strange. Overall it wasn't bad but I can't really give it 4 stars or anything because I wasn't super impressed through the whole book. It was definitely a change of pace for me and am glad I decided to read this one. Several of the stories were really good. I lost a bit of interest with "In Search of the Glass Chicken". My favorite picks were "Doughnuts", "Finding an Apartment is Hell", and "Big Titty Showdown". I also had a few good laughs while re ...more
Victor Giron
Feb 16, 2011 Victor Giron rated it really liked it
There's something going on over in Montclair New Jersey, that drives writers like Stephen Schwegler and fellow associate Eirik Gumeney (editor of Jersey Devil Press) to write these outlandish, fast, crazy stories that use back-and-forth dialogue to great effect. You have Jesus, the devil, big titles, intelligent squirrels, and much more. Not the type of stuff I usually like to read, but it was easy to read and made me smile many times. I'm interested to see Mr. Schwegler take this in some kind o ...more
Darci
Jun 07, 2010 Darci rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book from Goodreads and was excited to start reading it. The stories are different and not really what you expect them to be. I did chuckle during the stories, but I didn't find them as funny as I was hoping. Some of them didn't seem to go anywhere, or maybe I just missed the point. Big Titty Showdown was one of the longest stories in the book and I enjoyed that one the most. So maybe the other stories just needed a bit more for me to love them.
K.
Aug 05, 2011 K. rated it really liked it
If I had to use one word to describe this book, it would be “quirky.” Schwegler has sought to use the world around us and give it a slant. With appearances by intelligent squirrels, talking food, and even Jesus, the range of story subjects will make you look at reality in a new way.

Read my review on Fandomania.
Capiz
Nov 03, 2012 Capiz rated it it was ok
random and different, this was a quick read and reasonably amusing. The best, most profound story is the first one, and they're all just sort of...amusingly wtf? from there. Still, for free I'm not complaining. And besides, there were chickens.
Jade Inks
Jul 02, 2010 Jade Inks rated it really liked it
Well this is a book I won from here good reads And is like to say thank you to Stephen Schwegler this book is humorous and I love it already i love the dongnuts arguing wwith eachother ... its funny and a new type of book i have never read before
Padre
Nov 08, 2012 Padre rated it it was ok
The unfinished stories that went nowhere and mostly unfunny jokes dragged it down. But the last one was enjoyable.
Stephen Schwegler
Jan 06, 2016 Stephen Schwegler rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wrote
By far the best book I've ever written. Pay no mind that it's the only one. That's not really the point right now. It's funny, you should read it. Now with a preview of the follow-up collection, SCATTERED TOGETHER.
Stephen Schwegler
Apr 23, 2010 Stephen Schwegler rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: wrote
Shadow Girl
Shadow Girl marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Samuel Snoek-Brown
Samuel Snoek-Brown marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Jordan Hoxsie
Jordan Hoxsie marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Edwardky
Edwardky marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Teri Zuckerman
Teri Zuckerman marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Delany Schar
Delany Schar rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2015
MT Bostick
MT Bostick marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Dana Aksoy
Dana Aksoy marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Chris Rhatigan
Chris Rhatigan rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2014
Robert Beveridge
Robert Beveridge marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Korin
Korin marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Punky Mcmunky
Punky Mcmunky marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Sparethebs
Sparethebs marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Bookfan92
Bookfan92 marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Teresa
Teresa added it
May 09, 2014
Kevin Lintner
Kevin Lintner marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Cassiandora
Cassiandora marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Minamanjari
Minamanjari marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Mathias Berg
Mathias Berg marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Stephen Schwegler is the author of Gag, Scattered Together and Perhaps., the co-author of Screw the Universe and one time head of livestock at Jersey Devil Press. There's a high probability that he's sitting on his couch right this very minute not being the least bit productive.

"Like" Stephen on Facebook!
More about Stephen Schwegler...