Women of the New Testament: 30 Devotional Messages for Women's Groups

Women of the New Testament: 30 Devotional Messages for Women's Groups

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  3 reviews
This classic by Dr. A. Kuyper gives us 30 graphic character sketches that radiate scriptural insight. Each character study is based on a text which is used as a foundation for the study.
Published November 24th 1963 by Zondervan

A few months ago, I was standing in a thrift shop perusing their book section. As I scanned through the religious section (mostly Rick Warren and Billy Graham – esque stuff), I saw the name Kuyper printed onto the binding of a book. Surely that’s a different Kuyper, I thought, pulling it off of the shelf, but it’s still worth checking. But it wasn’t a different Kuyper. It was the Kuyper. I stood and stared at the book, checking the back cover and the inside leaf to make sure I wasn’t experiencin...more
Alexis Neal
Good, but rather uneven at times. Some of these studies are great. The opening section on Elizabeth is fantastic. Others . . . involve more speculation than I am comfortable with. However, where he restricts himself to reliable information (from the bible or from historians as opposed to is own speculation), Kuyper's thoughts are informative and challenging. I, for one, knew little or nothing about many of the women mentioned in passing in the New Testament. Many of them appear not in narrative...more
Amber Almanzar
Overall it was a good book. I definitely enjoyed some chapters more than others. Mary the Mother of the Apostle, Mary and Martha, and Priscilla were my favorite chapters and they were very inspiring!
Annette
Annette marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Luci Ghiață
Luci Ghiață marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2013
Shiloh
Shiloh marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2013
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
Alex Snider
Alex Snider marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
Deanna Johnson
Deanna Johnson marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2012
Abraham Kuyper was a Dutch politician, journalist, statesman and theologian. He founded the Anti-Revolutionary Party and was prime minister of the Netherlands between 1901 and 1905.
More about Abraham Kuyper...
Lectures on Calvinism Wisdom and Wonder: Common Grace in Science & Art Abraham Kuyper: A Centennial Reader To Be Near Unto God The Problem of Poverty