Start by marking “The Creative Process Illustrated: How Advertising's Big Ideas Are Born” as Want to Read:
The Creative Process Illustrated: How Advertising's Big Ideas Are Born

The Creative Process Illustrated: How Advertising's Big Ideas Are Born

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  98 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Finally, answers to the question: How are big ideas born?Creative directors, art directors and advertising copywriters are some of the great artists and thinkers of our time. Considering the scope and power of their influence in our culture, that's not such a crazy idea.

Take an intimate look into the creative processes of some of the top minds in the advertising industry.
Published September 2nd 2010 by Northlight (first published August 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Creative Process Illustrated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Creative Process Illustrated

Chris
Jun 14, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
It took me much longer than necessary to read this for whatever reason. It's not that I didn't find the content interesting; I just kept forgetting that I was reading the thing--take that however you will.

I'll admit to being interested in advertising--especially after having read HEY, WHIPPLE, SQUEEZE THIS! a few years ago. The process in advertising is so closely mirrored to that of story/novel writing that I love seeing the overlaps and the solutions. This one, in particular, kept me hooked by
Jan
Jan 29, 2016 Jan added it
Now I know why I work the way I do! :) Inspired. Reassured. Ignited. Love, love, love the geniuses featured in this book.
Natalie
Apr 13, 2016 Natalie rated it really liked it
This book reinforces the quirkiness, randomness and range involved in the creative process. It confirms that the process is highly complex yet not. It shares opinions and protocols of many awesome copywriters and designers. It gives beginners a list of qualities you need to succeed. The contributors prove that lots of different personalities can be successful in advertising. It was informative and inspiring!
M.i.
Dec 27, 2015 M.i. rated it it was amazing
This was such a fantastic book to read. I tried to savor it as much as I could, but alas all good things must come to an end.

Its especially refreshing to see some of the greats in the advertising world outline their process, sometimes highlighting the randomness involved in creativity. Not all processes are the same, in fact each person who contributed to this had their own unique perspective on how to get things done, yet one thing is for sure, creativity when done right can be quite magical.

Th
Mike Bell
Jun 27, 2016 Mike Bell rated it liked it
Interesting and mind-expanding. Seeing another's approach is inspirational. A great way to come up with new concepts is to change the way you approach the project. So this also becomes a great brainstorming tool.
Bruce Kirby
Jul 29, 2014 Bruce Kirby rated it really liked it
This book is a who's who and how-to book on advertising creativity. Anyone who works in marketing knows that the hardest thing to do is be creative and original. Learning how others extract those ideas that make people buy is worth its weight in gold. Everyone lives by selling something - Robert Louis Stevenson

Prosha
Dec 01, 2013 Prosha rated it it was amazing
one very good book about how designers and illustrator work though a project
Tatiana
Tatiana marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Janinthemoon
Janinthemoon marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Matt McDonald
Matt McDonald marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Taćciana Martysiuk
Taćciana Martysiuk marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Silvia
Silvia rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2016
Park Plant
Park Plant marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Patrick Plaggenborg
Patrick Plaggenborg rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Chad Wittman
Chad Wittman marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Woliver
Woliver is currently reading it
Jun 11, 2016
Stephany Mesa
Stephany Mesa marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
docuphile
docuphile marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Alexander Kelley
Alexander Kelley marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Yimmy
Yimmy marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Hugo Costa
Hugo Costa marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Liston
Liston marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Ravi Krishnan Nair
Ravi Krishnan Nair marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Lodi Claudie
Lodi Claudie marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Inder Suri
Inder Suri marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Laura Bonner
Laura Bonner marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Choudhary
Choudhary marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Advertising Concept Book
  • Advertising: Concept and Copy
  • Cutting Edge Advertising: How to Create the World's Best for Brands in the 21st Century
  • D&AD: The Copy Book
  • Graphic: Inside the Sketchbooks of the World's Great Graphic Designers
  • Creative Advertising: Ideas and Techniques from the World's Best Campaigns
  • Pick Me: Breaking Into Advertising and Staying There
  • Layout Workbook: A Real-World Guide to Building Pages in Graphic Design
  • Creative Workshop: 80 Challenges to Sharpen Your Design Skills
  • Truth, Lies, and Advertising: The Art of Account Planning
  • Hey, Whipple, Squeeze This: A Guide to Creating Great Ads
  • Graphic Design, Referenced: A Visual Guide to the Language, Applications, and History of Graphic Design
  • Lovemarks
  • Above the Fold: Understanding the Principles of Successful Web Site Design
  • A Big Life In Advertising
  • Twenty Ads That Shook the World: The Century's Most Groundbreaking Advertising and How It Changed Us All
  • Layout Essentials: 100 Design Principles for Using Grids