Start by marking “Bride by Command” as Want to Read:
Bride by Command

Bride by Command (Emperor's Brides #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Disguised as a sentinel, the emperor of Columbyana is shocked that his next bridal candidate isnt interested in becoming an Empress. Determined to teach the haughty beauty a lesson, the Emperor strikes a bargain with her stepfather, and claims her as his bride.
Published March 3rd 2009 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Bride by Command, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride by Command

Rhianna
In Jones' Fyne Witches trilogy a pair of twin sons are born to Emperor Sebestyen of Columbyana. Now adults, Emperor Jahn and his moments-younger twin, Prince Alixandyr have begun an adventure to find a bride for the Emperor. There is to be a contest, six women of worth from varying lands are to be brought to the palace to be offered the chance to be Empress. Messengers are sent to the far places at the height of the Spring Festival to return with the ladies in time for the Summer Festival where...more
Lani
I actually really liked this book. I think besides the Sun Witches series, this one was one of the best. I didn't want to put it down. I am so sad that there is no other book coming out anytime soon. This one is the third series out of the 3 set's she's written. I love to come back into a world that you've been following for a few generations of characters.

The bad guy in this book is truly evil. I would say the only complaint I'd have with this book is that it's told too many times from his POV...more
Rachel
While im a big fan of the whole series I was a little down about how much gaps were left. I just hope she goes with another series with these people. The story with Jahn was my favorite out this set. The most character I disliked was Prince Alix. I find it hard to believe they will just let him go on with a constant battle in his mind. No peace, just a battle. And the end of the book just left it that way for me. No patching up with Jahn, they just let him leave with the blue lady. I thought the...more
Solace Winter
This is the third book in her third trilogy set in the same universe. Because it would take me a few pages just to explain what has happened this far I’m going to skip right over that. If you haven’t read her first trilogy and enjoy romantic fantasy, read it, if just for the sub-story of the emperor and his assassin that spans all three books. Unfortunately, Jones does not carry over that complicated storytelling into trilogy two. Trilogy three is better than the predecessor but is lacking in im...more
Ayana
2.5 stars.

If a man lies to a woman (and they are big lies)and then hoping that the woman will forgive him easily, then seriously, the man is f****** stupid! But the groveling part is well done and quite entertaining. Overall, the book is okay though it could have been better.
Diana
Emperor Jahn goes to fetch Lady Morgana for his bride contest while disguised as a common sentinel in order to meet her. As they head back to the palace, he finds himself falling for her--but how will she react when she discovers his true identity? Also, the conspirators behind the attacks on Jahn's potential brides are ready for their final assault.

This story neatly wraps up the main arc, while managing to leave quite a few women pregnant! It actually did fit in quite nicely with the other stor...more
Carrie Felton
This was a good story but the whole middle section could have been removed, or at least condensed. Other than that, it wasn't entirely predictable which was nice.
Tiffany
This has to be one of my favorite books from this series. I loved how everything came together and we saw another side of the events from the previous books. I enjoyed the relationship between Jahn and Morgana even though I saw where his lies would lead him.

My only complaint is that the demon daughters were not even mentioned in this book. We got another bad guy and woman in this one but the demon daughters was played up to be a huge part of this world and what's to come in the first 2 books. I...more
 Rosebud
A well written sweet historical (?) romance read that includes magic and witches.
I liked it and enjoyed reading it. The premise has been written many times before, that being the desirable emperor is mandated to marry and commands that multiple candidates are brought to the palace for consideration. He disguises himself to find one that will love him for himself, not his title or what he can provide for his prospective bride.
This version brings in magical powers elements to it which made for a g...more
Erin
26/12/13 1:55AM: I want to write more of a review and I will get to it. But, I fist need to say this before I go to bed....This book is perfect and I love it.
My 'virgin' read of Linda Winstead Jones, and It will not be my last.
THANK YOU, Emina! For the recommendation!! <3
Jenna (JennaHack)
True Rating: 2.5 stars

This book was OK. It wasn't anything great, but it wasn't bad.

I don't even really know what to say about it other than it was a fluffy read. It kept me entertained and that's all I wanted.

I can't say I would run around telling everyone about this book. It wasn't anything special.

It was a solid...."meh".
Deb
This was a re-read for me. No reason just accidently loaded it back onto my kindle yesterday and decided why not. I really enjoy these by this author. She started with the Fyne sisters, than their children, & now the children of the crazy emperor and his former lover. Wish she would write more.
Jp
Great last book in this series. It finally pulls all the strings together and I enjoyed how Jahn succumbed to his feelings. Amazing story arc. I can't wait to see what this author is going to release next.
Katherine
Clever hero, unknowing heroin, evil enemy, sweet plot, tender moments, uncertain futures...overall a very nice romantic fantasy that has a bit of everything.
Christina
I read this book first without realizing that it was in a series. Even without reading the other books I really enjoyed this one.
Nikki
It's interesting. each characters has a different problem to deal with.
Grace
Rats! I read this one FIRST!!!! Still a good story!
Caitlin Doyle
Caitlin Doyle marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Angel Lawson
Angel Lawson marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Heather Thombs
Heather Thombs is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Sep 21, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
  • Moon Burning (Children of the Moon, #3)
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
  • Damiano's Return
  • Lumber and Lace
  • Snow Kisses
  • Swan Road
  • Bought For The Marriage Bed
  • A Mermaid's Kiss (Daughters of Arianne, #1)
  • Mated to the Devil
  • A Wolf's Oath (Love Bites, #2)
  • Forbidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #3)
  • Chase the Moon
  • The Darkest Day (Immortal Heat, #1)
  • Crossing Boundaries (Cape Falls #1)
  • A Feast of Souls (Araneae Nation, #2)
The Sun Witch (Fyne Witches, #1) The Moon Witch (Fyne Witches, #2) Raintree: Haunted (Raintree Series #2) The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3) Prince of Magic (Children of the Sun, #1)