Start by marking “Bride by Command” as Want to Read:
Bride by Command

Bride by Command (Emperor's Brides #3)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  284 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Disguised as a sentinel, the emperor of Columbyana is shocked that his next bridal candidate isnt interested in becoming an Empress. Determined to teach the haughty beauty a lesson, the Emperor strikes a bargain with her stepfather, and claims her as his bride.
Published March 3rd 2009 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Bride by Command, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride by Command

Rhianna
Apr 15, 2009 Rhianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Jones' Fyne Witches trilogy a pair of twin sons are born to Emperor Sebestyen of Columbyana. Now adults, Emperor Jahn and his moments-younger twin, Prince Alixandyr have begun an adventure to find a bride for the Emperor. There is to be a contest, six women of worth from varying lands are to be brought to the palace to be offered the chance to be Empress. Messengers are sent to the far places at the height of the Spring Festival to return with the ladies in time for the Summer Festival where ...more
Lani
Jul 23, 2009 Lani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually really liked this book. I think besides the Sun Witches series, this one was one of the best. I didn't want to put it down. I am so sad that there is no other book coming out anytime soon. This one is the third series out of the 3 set's she's written. I love to come back into a world that you've been following for a few generations of characters.

The bad guy in this book is truly evil. I would say the only complaint I'd have with this book is that it's told too many times from his POV
Rachel
Jan 19, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While im a big fan of the whole series I was a little down about how much gaps were left. I just hope she goes with another series with these people. The story with Jahn was my favorite out this set. The most character I disliked was Prince Alix. I find it hard to believe they will just let him go on with a constant battle in his mind. No peace, just a battle. And the end of the book just left it that way for me. No patching up with Jahn, they just let him leave with the blue lady. I thought the ...more
Solace Winter
This is the third book in her third trilogy set in the same universe. Because it would take me a few pages just to explain what has happened this far I’m going to skip right over that. If you haven’t read her first trilogy and enjoy romantic fantasy, read it, if just for the sub-story of the emperor and his assassin that spans all three books. Unfortunately, Jones does not carry over that complicated storytelling into trilogy two. Trilogy three is better than the predecessor but is lacking in im ...more
Jamie
Dec 30, 2014 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was interesting. Quick and easy read and sweet with Jhon and Ana, it was like the adult version of frozen but with sex!! i enjoyed this story, picked the book up at goodwill and for the price I paid it was great. It could have had more passion, or more of the conversations so you had more of an opportunity to get to know the characters but I prefer my books long so when I really love it I almost with the book was 1000 pages so it would never end, while I liked it I was fine that it was over ...more
Ayana
Mar 02, 2014 Ayana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
2.5 stars.

If a man lies to a woman (and they are big lies)and then hoping that the woman will forgive him easily, then seriously, the man is f****** stupid! But the groveling part is well done and quite entertaining. Overall, the book is okay though it could have been better.
Diana
Jun 28, 2009 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emperor Jahn goes to fetch Lady Morgana for his bride contest while disguised as a common sentinel in order to meet her. As they head back to the palace, he finds himself falling for her--but how will she react when she discovers his true identity? Also, the conspirators behind the attacks on Jahn's potential brides are ready for their final assault.

This story neatly wraps up the main arc, while managing to leave quite a few women pregnant! It actually did fit in quite nicely with the other stor
Carrie Felton
This was a good story but the whole middle section could have been removed, or at least condensed. Other than that, it wasn't entirely predictable which was nice.
Tiffany
Aug 12, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kcls, romance
This has to be one of my favorite books from this series. I loved how everything came together and we saw another side of the events from the previous books. I enjoyed the relationship between Jahn and Morgana even though I saw where his lies would lead him.

My only complaint is that the demon daughters were not even mentioned in this book. We got another bad guy and woman in this one but the demon daughters was played up to be a huge part of this world and what's to come in the first 2 books. I
 Rosebud
A well written sweet historical (?) romance read that includes magic and witches.
I liked it and enjoyed reading it. The premise has been written many times before, that being the desirable emperor is mandated to marry and commands that multiple candidates are brought to the palace for consideration. He disguises himself to find one that will love him for himself, not his title or what he can provide for his prospective bride.
This version brings in magical powers elements to it which made for a g
Jenna (JennaHack)
True Rating: 2.5 stars

This book was OK. It wasn't anything great, but it wasn't bad.

I don't even really know what to say about it other than it was a fluffy read. It kept me entertained and that's all I wanted.

I can't say I would run around telling everyone about this book. It wasn't anything special.

It was a solid...."meh".
Deb
Apr 07, 2012 Deb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, re-read
This was a re-read for me. No reason just accidently loaded it back onto my kindle yesterday and decided why not. I really enjoy these by this author. She started with the Fyne sisters, than their children, & now the children of the crazy emperor and his former lover. Wish she would write more.
Erin
26/12/13 1:55AM: I want to write more of a review and I will get to it. But, I fist need to say this before I go to bed....This book is perfect and I love it.
My 'virgin' read of Linda Winstead Jones, and It will not be my last.
THANK YOU, Emina! For the recommendation!! <3
JP
Feb 03, 2016 JP rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great last book in this series. It finally pulls all the strings together and I enjoyed how Jahn succumbed to his feelings. Amazing story arc. I can't wait to see what this author is going to release next.
Katherine
Jan 01, 2012 Katherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clever hero, unknowing heroin, evil enemy, sweet plot, tender moments, uncertain futures...overall a very nice romantic fantasy that has a bit of everything.
Christina
Sep 28, 2012 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book first without realizing that it was in a series. Even without reading the other books I really enjoyed this one.
Nikki
Jul 15, 2012 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's interesting. each characters has a different problem to deal with.
Grace
Rats! I read this one FIRST!!!! Still a good story!
Tenea Jones
Tenea Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Jane
Jane added it
Jun 09, 2016
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Vinzi
Vinzi marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Ariel T
Ariel T marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Chioma Chukwura
Chioma Chukwura marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Jaylee
Jaylee marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
  • Daughter of Egypt (Tausrat, #3)
  • Swan Road
  • Siren Song
  • A Breath of Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #2)
  • The Sword & the Sheath (Khamsin: Warriors of the Wind, #5)
  • The Pirate Prince (Ascension Trilogy #1)
  • The Phantom Of Valletta
  • The Blades of the Rose Bundle: Warrior, Scoundrel, Rebel, & Stranger
  • Damsel in Distress
  • Lady of Eve
  • Archer's Sin (Hearts And Thrones, #2.5)
  • Shadowbound (Dark Arts, #1)
  • A Mermaid's Kiss (Daughters of Arianne, #1)
  • Enchanting the Lady (Relics of Merlin, #1)
  • The Devil's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy, #2)
  • The Danger That Is Damion (Zodius, #3)
  • The Darkest Day (Immortal Heat, #1)
  • The Price of Pleasure

Emperor's Brides (5 books)
  • Untouchable (Emperor's Brides, #1)
  • 22 Nights (Emperor's Brides, #2)
  • Bride by Midnight