Start by marking “Child of Faerie, Child of Earth” as Want to Read:
Child of Faerie, Child of Earth

Child of Faerie, Child of Earth

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  113 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Percinet, half-human son of a queen of Faerie, falls in love with a mortal, the daughter of a medieval count, and leaves his realm of magic to defend her against her cruel stepmother, a secret sorceress.
Published April 8th 1992 by Walker & Company

To ask other readers questions about Child of Faerie, Child of Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Child of Faerie, Child of Earth

Aubrey
Nov 17, 2007 Aubrey rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers
Sometimes I'm not really sure why I fell in love with this book so hard in middle school, but then I re-read it and love it again. There is no great language or die-hard must-read characters, but I love it because of that and because of the story it tells. It was the first book I read that I where I appreciated more of it when I was older and re-read it. Also, it was the first book that I read that dealt with the issue of religion and magic and how the two can coexist. Plus there is just somethi ...more
Anna Sheehan
Sep 14, 2014 Anna Sheehan rated it it was amazing

There is something special about a book that opens your eyes and changes your life, and this book did that for me. As an author, I try not to write too many reviews or focus too much on other author’s work – one’s opinion is often suspect – but this book in particular demands attention, if only for the reaction it caused.

Before I get too much into the book itself, let me describe its effect on me. I was someone who was always fond of transitional objects – teddy bears, blankies, stuffed animals
Molly
May 21, 2015 Molly rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I loved this book so much as a kid. I recently ordered it through thrift books, and today I sat down and reread it from start to finish. It did not disappoint! Yeah, the illustrations are really dated and the names made me roll my eyes a bit, but it really was an engaging read. I'm glad I got it. I will be keeping it in my shelves for when my daughters get older.
Keri Sparks
Apr 13, 2016 Keri Sparks rated it really liked it
I fell in love with this book when I picked it up from the library while I was still in middle school. It is a very easy read and doesn't require much brain-power, but it is beautiful in its simplicity. I don't regret reading it twice and would suggest it to anyone who enjoys a light fantasy read. It landed itself on my "favorites" shelf in my bookcase.
Dani
Apr 07, 2014 Dani rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Its so bloody hard to find though! I want to buy it but i see it for over a hundred bucks on ebay... I love it, but not THAT much.
Rachel
May 23, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
I was at first reluctant to read this book, I picked it up on the discard shelf at the library on a whim. When I finally got around to it (because I was cleaning out books and I feel guilty donating a book to charity if I haven't read it yet) I was quite surprised. It sounded cliche and trite but I think it turned out to be a faerie tale of value in itself. Simple, guiltless reading. Didn't require a lot of thought or analysis though, pretty much laid it out.
Jenny
Aug 18, 2008 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen, i-want, fantasy
Percinet, half human son and heir to Queen Rezaila of Faerie, has fallen in love. With a human, a mortal. Graciosa is the daughter of a count, forced into a chatalian's duties and yet still dreaming of freedom. Percinet sets out to win her heart, and Graciosa wants her freedom, but can she overcome her fear of magic, or will she be barred from Faerie forever?
Lauren
Sep 01, 2011 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Just like I remembered, only shorter. I absolutely adore this book and found some rather choice gems in the writing. I really wish that this book wasn't out of print so I could more easily own a copy, let alone find a library that has it.
Tina
Dec 08, 2008 Tina rated it liked it
it was sort of boring and long but it seemed to me it me was revolving a little about their two different worlds and their love for each other. not a book i extremely enjoyed. reminded me of twillight a little but was not exactly like it.
kvon
Mar 23, 2008 kvon rated it liked it
Shelves: librarybook
Fairy tale with modern sensibility toward class and gender issues, and sympathetic to the fairies.
Sara
Jan 04, 2009 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
the attention to details in the original fairy tale is astounding!
Jennifer Sigman
Nov 16, 2011 Jennifer Sigman rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, new-in-2011
Wonderfully written, a sweet little tale.
Czumagirl
Best fairy tale evar!...sort of.
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Mary Dennehy
Mary Dennehy rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
JL
JL rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Libraryjoy
Libraryjoy rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Sarah Hastings
Sarah Hastings rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Tiff
Tiff marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Abigail
Abigail rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2015
Barbara Williams
Barbara Williams marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Nat27
Nat27 rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2015
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Rose
Rose added it
Oct 08, 2015
Jane Gardner
Jane Gardner marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Josepha Sherman was an American author, folklorist, and anthologist. In 1990 she won the Compton Crook Award for the novel The Shining Falcon.
More about Josepha Sherman...