Start by marking “A Late Loving” as Want to Read:
A Late Loving

A Late Loving

She was his wife, not his mistress

Amber knew Alex would find her. You just didn't hide forever from one of the most powerful men in the world.

Nine years ago, as a naive young bride, Amber had fled from what she felt was an unbearable marriage. She'd always expected a reckoning for the public insult to a proud and formidable husband.

But nothing had prepared her for Alex's u
Published March 28th 1988 by Harlequin (first published October 9th 1987)

To ask other readers questions about A Late Loving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Late Loving

boogenhagen
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
Oct 17, 2016 Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads) rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A revenge-humiliation story with the H in full vendetta mode, wanting/needing to teach his runaway wife that no one messes with a Greek husband. As he says, I could have strangled you for what you did a century ago and no body would have turned a hair. He traces her after 9 years across the globe in NZ where she is living with her hunky cattleman cousin (a H in a later book) and a son. He believes the boy to be the om’s and by gross double standards, indulges in some name calling.
He then blackma
StMargarets
Alexis-Morgan Roark
OMGoodness! What a jerk!!!! The things he did and said...he called her a "whore" on more than one occasion, and HE IS THE ONE WHO CHEATED REPEATEDLY DURING THE MARRIAGE.

I am just so freaking angry after reading this book with its patheticly contrite, "I really loved you but wanted my dad's approval so I acted like him-a big old jerkwad!"

GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK.
Fre06 Begum
Apr 20, 2014 Fre06 Begum rated it liked it
Really hated the guy but I strangely liked the story apart from when the female lead becomes all understanding and compassionate about the mistress at the end.....erm hello she tried to break up your marriage and was pregnant with your husbands child! Sorry but I don't think I could be so soft.
Julz
Dinjolina
Mar 01, 2012 Dinjolina rated it did not like it
Shelves: avoid
I can almost swoon from how much this hero was a jerk.
And when I say, jerk, I mean GET THE FUCK OUT YOU FUCKING JERK-AZOID! OMFG!!!!!!
LuvGirl
Oh, how I wish this book was done better. It could have been amazing. It had such an interesting premise, but wasn’t delivered well. If there were at least a back story of the conflict from when they were first married, it would have made a huge difference in the quality of the story. We are given unrealistic stupidity instead. Here we have a man that cheated on his young wife and got another woman pregnant which provokes her to run away from him into hiding, and what is the back drop that the a ...more
Cc
Dec 14, 2015 Cc rated it did not like it
Dick + pushover = push dick over ( preferably with a concrete block attached to a chain around his neck in the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean, I'm not picky about the body of water, as long as it's deep. Gah!!! This really irritated the female in me, not the feminist, the basic FEMALE in me. That's a pretty bad irritation. Read at your peril.
Lovemesomelove
Nov 26, 2015 Lovemesomelove rated it did not like it
If you want a book that makes you hate the H who has no redeeming qualities then this is your book.
sbf20112011
May 22, 2012 sbf20112011 rated it really liked it
A compelling read, but this hero was pretty bad. It's unusual for the hero to have engaged in unjustifiable cheating, but that's what this hero did. Which I guess excused the heroine's failure to tell him about his son for 9 years? Also, the heroine was a 17-year-old wife, which wasn't really adequately explained (their fathers wanted them to get married, but who marries off a seventeen-year-old in any modern time?).

Regardless, I still enjoyed this angsty read. The ending wasn't quite satisfacto
Lede
Oct 04, 2014 Lede rated it it was ok
I would of been more satisfied with this book if it was indeed a late loving but it was just Amber pining for over 10 years for a man who did not love or respect her, who cheated on her and got his mistress pregnant. Even in their years apart she does not sleep with anyone else, RD should of at least given her one steamy affair, to make up for his infidelities.

And he was still seeing the mistress after they reconnected!
Tia
Sep 09, 2013 Tia rated it really liked it
Holy shit! This novel has a lot more angst than I've ever seen. I was totally in lust with this novel. Yowzah!
Liyah
Nov 29, 2014 Liyah rated it liked it
DA4Pups
2.5 stars. Quite a bit of drama, I was liking it but it was rushed at the end (probably to make page count). It would have been better if it was a little longer to build a more satisfying ending.
Adanna
Sep 03, 2014 Adanna rated it did not like it
Omg I don't know where to begin with this book so i'll just get to the point...dumb weak ass heroine..completely sadistic hero. I wasn't having it.
Ria
I like my heroes brutal and very possessive and also the heroine was very independent and was very aware of the consequences. I only gave it 4 stars because i didnt feel the H had grovel too much.
Lovette Ngbeken
Lovette Ngbeken rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Elena Ntzouni
Elena Ntzouni rated it did not like it
Feb 18, 2017
Sandra
Sandra rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2013
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
May 19, 2011
Vivi
Vivi rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2015
Joanne
Joanne rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2014
drflorian
drflorian rated it did not like it
Oct 19, 2013
Michelle Feron
Michelle Feron rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Mirabela Maria
Mirabela Maria rated it did not like it
Aug 25, 2013
Ashima
Ashima rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2012
Mimi
Mimi rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
NINORE
NINORE rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Robyn was born on 1940 in Northland, New Zealand, she was the oldest in herfamily, and as a child she thrilled her four sisters and one brother withbloodcurdling adventure tales, usually very like the latest book she'dborrowed from the library.

Robyn owes her writing career to two illnesses. The first was a younger sister's flu. She was living with her husband and her and spent most of thatwinter a
More about Robyn Donald...