Start by marking “Sun Tzu For Success: How to Use the Art of War to Master Challenges and Accomplish the Important Goals in Your Life” as Want to Read:

By exploring the basic components of "The Art of War," this guide to personal development and success shows you how to unleash your full potential, triumph over adversity, and achieve long-term goals.
Published January 1st 2003 by Adams Media

Lorenz
Nov 16, 2010 Lorenz rated it it was amazing
I learned a lot from this book. I definitely recommend this to everyone
Eustacia Tan
My parents got me this book because they know that I'm interested in things like that (although my Chinese is terrible). And it took some time, but I finally read this book!

Well, this book has two parts - Part One is the translation of The Art of War in English. Part Two is how you can apply The Art Of War to your life. Each chapter is pretty short, and there's an even shorter summary at the end of each chapter. For Part Two, it's subdivided into five sections - Personal Characteristics for Succ
Viviene S.
The first half of the book is an actual copy of The Art of War(and I didn't know that so I had to make do with the crappy pdf file of The Art of War) the second part is the important lessons and skills that you can use in life that can be interpreted from The Art of War.

What I liked:
1) how the author related the writings of Sun Tzu to modern life

What I didn't like:
1) the examples. More of business examples that life itself examples.
Sergey Kononenko
"Sun Tzu For Success" is probably most correct name for this book. I mean that it provides very high level overview of points and actions that leads to success.

Book is not thick so covers very basic things and suits for those who just started their journey on self-development path. However already experienced ones can find it exciting to read about Sun Tzu's strategies with modern explanations.

Books is good enough, but not perfect. I've expected more from it.
Really looking forward for another wo
Hui Fang
While there were some good points raised in application of Sun Tzu principles in working towards your goals, they were rarely delved into depth.

The first part of the book is a brief translation of the Sun Tzu Art of War text. For a clearer and much more detailed analysis of the Sun Tzu Art of War (with original text), I would highly recommend "Qi Men Dun Jia Sun Tzu Warcraft" by Joey Yap instead.
Marsha Altman
Mar 05, 2011 Marsha Altman rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: china
Has the whole Sun Tzu and the Art of War in translation in it, so there's that. It's attempts to connect it to business: not so good. Also funny: The discussion of the Art of War by US soldiers in the War in Afghanistan, a war Sun Tzu would TOTALLY think is stupid because it's a prolongued campaign and not winnable.
Hillary
Sep 17, 2013 Hillary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used this as a course text in my seminar class. This is simple read that packs a powerful message... what a perfect complimentary book to a wonderful class!
Vivin
Sep 21, 2011 Vivin added it
cemungut.....
T.T
Mohamed Abuelgasim
The book starts by an full copy of the original "The Art of War" and then it gives advices based on it. very good one I definitely recommended for anyone to read.
Angga Angga
hormat suhu...
Chris
Feb 29, 2012 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marshal Mdeza
Jul 10, 2013 Marshal Mdeza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This books compliments the 33 Strategies of War by Robert Green. What this book does is to put muscles on the skeleton rules of war so that you are able to see the daily battles of life.
Abao Beljoe
Feb 24, 2013 Abao Beljoe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read self-help book.
Darrenchee83
Darrenchee83 rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2014
Larry Collins
Larry Collins rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2011
Jim Bouchard
Jim Bouchard rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2010
Lee Sweetapple
Lee Sweetapple rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2014
Jermaine
Jermaine rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2012
Ronald Flowers
Ronald Flowers rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2012
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it it was ok
Oct 11, 2009
Jr
Jr rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Aiman
Aiman rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2012
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Greg Sharpe
Greg Sharpe rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2011
Huỳnh Dương
Huỳnh Dương rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Verlly Puspita
Verlly Puspita rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Jay
Jay rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Julien
Julien rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Edwin Lim
Edwin Lim rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Coach Wooden One-on-One: Inspiring Conversations on Purpose, Passion and the Pursuit of Success
  • Hacking Work: Breaking Stupid Rules for Smart Results
  • Scrumban: Essays on Kanban Systems for Lean Software Development
  • The Lean Mindset: Ask the Right Questions
  • The Toyota Way Fieldbook: A Practical Guide for Implementing Toyota's 4Ps
  • Mom, Dad, I'm an Atheist: The Guide to Coming Out as a Non-Believer
  • Know-How: The 8 Skills That Separate People Who Perform from Those Who Don't
  • Why Managing Sucks and How to Fix It: A Results-Only Guide to Taking Control of Work, Not People
  • Leading the Transformation: Applying Agile and DevOps Principles at Scale
  • Swing Your Sword: Leading the Charge in Football and Life
  • Fat Loss Happens on Monday
  • In Search of Certainty: The Science of Our Information Infrastructure
  • Learning Agile: Understanding Scrum, XP, Lean, and Kanban
  • The Exercise Cure: A Sports Doctor's Guide to Maximizing Your Dose of the World's Greatest Medicine
  • Unlimited Wealth: The Theory and Practice of Economic Alchemy
  • Live Life Aggressively!: What Self Help Gurus Should Be Telling You
  • Bo's Lasting Lessons: The Legendary Coach Teaches the Timeless Fundamentals of Leadership
  • The Normal Bar: Where Does Your Relationship Fall?