Start by marking “He Who Lifts the Skies (Genesis, #2)” as Want to Read:
He Who Lifts the Skies (Genesis, #2)

He Who Lifts the Skies (Trilogia Genezei #2)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  155 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Powerful imagery creates a "you are there" immersion in the story of the post-Flood world. Kacy Barnett-Gramckow fans raved about her extraordinary job of moving the Flood off the Sunday School flannelgraph board and into life in The Heavens Before. Now, she continues to flesh out the Bible's brief account of the rise of Nimrod and the Babel rebellion with scintillating ch ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Moody Publishers (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about He Who Lifts the Skies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He Who Lifts the Skies

Katie
He Who Lifts the Skies was a great read! The story of Keren immediately drew me into the story. As with the first book in The Genesis Trilogy, I give 5 stars for an amazing read! I liked how it started off with Shem and Annah – the couple from the first book, The Heavens Before. I was just so attached to Annah, that I was thrilled when they were in He Who Lifts the Skies!

Keren seemed like such a sweet girl, and I instantly liked her giving, selfless character. She reminded me of Annah! ;-) It wa
Debbie
I have almost given up on fiction retellings of Biblical history as very rarely does an author actually stick to what the Bible states on the subject. Therefore, I was tremendously pleased to read this wonderfully, vividly written story. It stuck faithfully to the Biblically provided information, though there really wasn't much there for this period (post-Flood during the time of Nimrod and the building of Babel). This author not only is a talented writer, but she put a lot of time, research, an ...more
Joan
Second book in the Genesis trilogy: wonderful characters! How are those who believe in the Most High God sustained in the most difficult circumstances. Kacy is a fine story-teller!
Casey
Personally, I liked this one more than the first book. I think I liked the protagonist more. Keren had a backbone. She never broke. She pushed, as her name implies. I loved that about her.

I thought the author expertly tied all the plots and the characters together, because I wondered how she would handle all of these little subplots with so many characters, but it wound up being surprisingly cohesive. I also could appreciate the spiritual message woven into the plot.

I would only shave off half
Carol
Oct 07, 2008 Carol rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carol by: I'm reviewing books for my church
Terri (Reading By Starlight)
Kacy Barnett-Gramckow’s Genesis Trilogy takes place in the days immediately before and after the Great Flood. The first book, The Heavens Before, starts before the Flood and ends after Noakh and his family begin their new life on the cleansed Earth. This book, He Who Lifts the Skies takes place many years after the Flood, where the tribes of the earth have begun to scatter and it’s hard to keep up with who is the son of this son or that cousin.

In He Who Lifts the Skies, our main character is Ker
Kaity-Jane Culbertson

Posted by Jane at 8:05 PM 0 comments Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz
Labels: Ages 14+, Biblical Fiction, Christian Books, Favorites, Fiction, Historical Romance, Kacy Barnett-Gramckow, Romance, Ten Stars
Saturday, March 12, 2011

He Who Lifts The Skies by Kacy Barnett-Gramckow

Historyprincess
This is the second book in the Genesis trilogy by Kacy Barnett-Gramckow, and I can only say that she's done it again!

This book takes place years after the Great Flood. Shem and Annah are now great-grandparents. One of their grandchildren, after having seven sons, finally has two daughters. The older is named Sharah, and the other Keren. But both girls are very strange. Sharah has pale skin, blond hair, and pale eyes. Keren has dark skin and dark hair like her ancestors, but she too has pale eyes
Rachel
AnnaBelle
I think I liked this one even better than the first or the last in this series. Keren is a different kind of woman, separated from all others she knows, and noticed by everyone. Including the Great King, Nimrada and one of his guards.
Ashlee
Wow, this is an awesome book! I was totally thinking, "Oh, it can't be better than the first one! 'Cause that one was amazing." But it. Was. Absolutely. AWESOME! Annah and Shem fell in love so quickly in the first book; but it was a while before they could get married. But in this book, Karan and Zehker were ever so slowly falling in love(and, you may not believe me, but the second he started watching her as a child in the first few chapters, I just knew he loved her)! And it was so romantic, be ...more
Phiona Macrae
He Who Lifts the Skies is the inspiring story of Keren. She refused to abandon her faith in the face of grave danger and for that is labeled 'poison'. She not only pays for her disobedience to Nim-Rada with forced solitude and humiliation. She also suffers the price of death of any man who dares even brush against her. When the choice is between a king and her God, Keren defies the king to remain faithful to her God. He Who Lifts the Skies is a reminder that God watches over his faithful and bri ...more
Cindy Moyer
I really liked the book. Easy reading, holds your attention. The first book in the series was better.
Becky
I've been trying to read books that bring me closer to God - not an easy task. This book felt "real" to me, not like some of the other Christian fiction I've read. I also enjoyed the romance, as I believe God is constantly wooing us!
Tgirl
Overal the book was very good, but it was a little fast-paced in areas. I enjoyed it despite that fact though. I will truly never think of the Bible-times the same! I'm looking forward to the third book!
Dorota Krystyna
A compelling story set after the Flood about the times of Nimrod and the building of Babel. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the story, I still prefer the first book in the trilogy.
Gabrielle W.
Book 2 in the Genesis Trilogy. Powerful imagery creates a 'you are there' immersion in the story of the post-Flood world.
Joy
Just a good trilogy.
Mandy Lussier
Mandy Lussier marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Michelle Morgan
Michelle Morgan marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Trisha K.
Trisha K. marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Annalee Conti
Annalee Conti marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Love's Sacred Song (Treasure of His Love)
  • City of the Dead
  • The Master's Wall
  • Seven Days to the Sea: An Epic Novel Of The Exodus
  • Dark Hour
  • Havah: The Story of Eve
  • Harvest of Gold (Harvest of Rubies, #2)
  • The Garden of Ruth
  • This Scarlet Cord: The Love Story of Rahab
  • Abigail (The Wives of King David, #2)
  • The Captain's Bride (Northern Lights, #1)
  • Ruth and Boaz: Strangers in the Land
  • Giver of Roses (Guardians of Gadiel, #1)
  • The Strength of His Hand (Chronicles of the Kings, #3)
Some of Kacy's works have appeared devotionals such as Seasons of a Woman's Heart, and God's Abudance for Women. She also has written under the pen name of R.J. Larson, and Elizabeth Larson, as seen in A Moment A Day, and The Women's Devotional Bible.

When Kacy is not relaxing with her books and writing, she is working, cooking, tatting, spoiling other people's kids, and enjoying her family.
More about Kacy Barnett-Gramckow...
The Heavens Before (Genesis, #1) A Crown in the Stars (Genesis, #3) Dawnlight Genesis Trilogy Series