Start by marking “Wes Craven's New Nightmare” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Wes Craven's New Night...

David Bergantino

Wes Craven's New Nightmare

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Freddy Krueger returns, scarier than ever, in an all-new movie written and directed by Wes Craven, creator of the original A Nightmare on Elm Street. Wes Craven thought he was through with Freddy Krueger, until the cast and crew of the original film find themselves stalked by the deadly supernatural force. Movie to be released in time for Halloween.
Published (first published November 15th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Wes Craven's New Nightmare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Christopher M.
Jun 15, 2011 Christopher M. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wow - did this book manage to suck not only the money from my wallet and time from my lifespan, but it damn near killed my will to live as well.

I am an Elm Street fan from the early days and have always enjoyed collecting the books that either tied in with the movie (such as "Nightmares on Elm Street: Freddy Krueger's Seven Sweetest Dreams", an anthology edited by Martin H. Greenberg) or novelizations of the film, but this book was, in my opinion, a bastardization of literature from page one.

For
Jonathan Rosas
The book was pretty good over all. It seems I'm the only one who didn't like the added "journal" entries the author put in there. To me it was just taking things a little to far. The point of the movie and book is to make it seem real, and though he was trying to do that with his journal entries, it just wasn't doing it for me. He could of made the journal into it's own book. I loved that as I was reading the book I was pretty much reciting the movie in my head as well. A lot of the things I rem ...more
Rick Mullenax
The novel was interesting, but the true gem was the creative addition the Writer put into the novel. The Writer added a journal between chapters and just like the stars of the movie, he was also being haunted by the iconic Freddy. Not too many writers of adopted work put that kind of energy into their work. This Writer thought outside the box.
Gerd
Mar 23, 2010 Gerd rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did feel that the novel works at times marginally better than the movie - but it's still a far cry from being good or at least decent.

The writing feels often forced and makes for a slow read so that even at just over 200 pages (and with a minor crush on Heather Langenkamp) it still took me quite some time to get through it.
Tim Gunter
Tim Gunter rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Ibn Covington
Ibn Covington marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Laura fleck
Laura fleck is currently reading it
Mar 13, 2016
Julie Hrbek
Julie Hrbek marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Daniel Keppel
Daniel Keppel rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Evans Light
Evans Light marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Philip Kinslow
Philip Kinslow rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2016
Mairead
Mairead marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
John Webster
John Webster rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Josh Jones
Josh Jones marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Kyle Ellis
Kyle Ellis rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
David Taylor
David Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Donovan
Donovan rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Jamera Tyler
Jamera Tyler marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015
Kyle Ellis
Kyle Ellis rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2015
Ann Pollard
Ann Pollard rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2015
Katerina Stournara
Katerina Stournara marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Zaira Corsaro
Zaira Corsaro rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2015
Sharon  Fry
Sharon Fry rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2015
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Cindy Bolen
Cindy Bolen marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Margaret Bowens
Margaret Bowens marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Duane Olds
Duane Olds rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2014
Tonee
Tonee rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2014