Start by marking “Steadfast Soldier (Love Inspired)” as Want to Read:
Steadfast Soldier (Love Inspired)

Steadfast Soldier (Wings of Refuge #7)

Rescuing people is his job...But the one person pararescue jumper Chance Garrison can't seem to help is his own ailing father, who refuses his much-needed physical rehabilitation. That is, until Chance hires unconventional occupational therapist Chloe Callet. To his surprise, Chloe and her sweet black Lab, Midnight, work wonders. And not only on the elder Garrison. Chance ...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Steadfast Soldier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steadfast Soldier

Valerie Comer
Aug 11, 2011 Valerie Comer rated it it was amazing
I’m fairly picky what books (or authors) I give five stars to. To me, five stars means I won’t blink–if that author has a new book out, it’s an auto-buy. About the only romance author that has hit five-star status for me is Cheryl Wyatt. She’s written a series called Wings of Refuge for Steeple Hill’s Love Inspired Romance line. I’ve downloaded a couple onto my iPhone, bought a few, and had a couple given to me. (I purchased this one, for the record.)

The basic idea of this series is that the gu
Miren  Santiago
Nov 01, 2015 Miren Santiago rated it really liked it
"Sometimes, life throws us on a different route than we expected. And sometimes, God is the one navigating that change. I think if this is meant to be, we both need to recalculate what we had preplanned and be open to a divine detour."
_

I liked this book! It had been an easy, relaxing read that's why I was able to finish it in two days. I cannot deny that during the times I've been reading, I couldn't help but smile, laugh, giggle, and mush over the characters and the scenes.

The characters are ve
Massanutten Regional Library
Avis, Main patron, July 2015, 4 stars:

Cheryl Wyatt's Steadfast Soldier is a light, faith-based story of small-town love. The heroine is the occupational therapist for the hero's father, and their relationship builds from there. Struggling to trust that a pastor can love his family more than the church, the heroine must realize that God can heal past pain and use her testimony to reach the church youth. The book explores different circumstances where trusting God is a difficult choice, and realis
J.
May 03, 2010 J. rated it really liked it
The next entry in the Wings of Refuge series is now one of my favorites. It was a pleasure to return to this town, these guys and their friends. Sometimes romance comes in the guise of friendship. Sometimes the conflict between hero and heroine is one that is a gentle "how is this all going to work out." And sometimes, a reader just needs a book to be a read that is about a good guy who isn't an alpha, even if he is downright handsome and is full of integrity. And there is a great dog as a secon ...more
Patriciaw
Mar 16, 2011 Patriciaw rated it liked it
Although I absolutely love this PJ series from Cheryl Wyatt, this installment wasn't my favorite. Some of the character motivations didn't gel for me, I think. I guess it was difficult to see their conflicts as big enough to keep them apart, when it was so clear from the beginning how right Chance and Chloe were for each other, and how much they wanted to be together. I did enjoy the story, just not as much as some of the other stories in this series.
Jenny Thompson
Oct 12, 2014 Jenny Thompson rated it liked it
Eh. It was fine. For a while it bordered on straight up offensive, as the central barrier to the romance seemed to be whether or not the girl would give up her dreams to start making babies on the boy's schedule. Happily they eventually decided that love was about supporting each other's dreams and not just his.

The writing was about what you would expect from this publisher - lots of inconsistencies and lots of heart.
Alyssa
Dec 31, 2013 Alyssa rated it really liked it
A fun read about a great physical therapist who helps out the ailing father of a para rescue jumper. Fun read by a well-written author.
Fedora
Jul 26, 2011 Fedora rated it liked it
Chance falls for Chloe, the perky and determined physical therapist hired to help his dad recover after a stroke.
Catherine Richmond
Parachute jumper Chance hires occupational therapist Chloe and her dog Midnight, to rehab his father. Hey - OT is a real profession - it's in a Cheryl Wyatt book!
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2013
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Carissa
Carissa rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2011
Marg
Marg rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2011
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2012
Hannah Habeck
Hannah Habeck rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2017
Barbara Foster
Barbara Foster rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Tawney
Tawney rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2011
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2012
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2010
Jen  Kennington
Jen Kennington rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2011
Carla Sokotuk
Carla Sokotuk rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2013
Marion Faith
Marion Faith rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2012
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2014
Lynette Eason
Lynette Eason rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2011
Nicci
Nicci rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2011
Disneygirl495
Disneygirl495 rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2012
Virginia Carmichael
Virginia Carmichael rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 15, 2015 05:56PM
  • The Rancher's Promise (Granger Family Ranch, #3)
  • Child of Grace
  • Hero Dad (The Flanagans, #3)
  • Child of Mine (Rosewood, Texas, #2)
  • A Perfect Love (Texas Hearts, #2)
  • His Small-Town Girl
  • Winter's End (Slocum Family #1)
  • Marrying the Preacher's Daughter
  • Marrying Minister Right
  • Military Daddy (Mounted Color Guard, #2)
  • The Prodigal Comes Home (Mirror Lake, #3)
  • Finding Her Way Home (Redemption River, #1)

Wings of Refuge (7 books)
  • A Soldier's Promise (Wings of Refuge, #1)
  • A Soldier's Family (Wings of Refuge, #2)
  • Ready-Made Family (Wings of Refuge, #3)
  • A Soldier's Reunion
  • Soldier Daddy (Wings of Refuge #5)
  • A Soldier's Devotion: Wings of Refuge