Start by marking “Critical Impact (Whisper Lake, #3)” as Want to Read:
Critical Impact (Whisper Lake, #3)

Critical Impact (Whisper Lake #3)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The bomb wasn't supposed to be real. But the mock-disaster explosion to test emergency procedures killed two people in a small Maine town. And all evidence points to shy makeup artist Anna Barker as the prime suspect. When Deputy Sheriff Stu McCabe is assigned to investigate the case, Anna hopes he'll prove her innocent. But with a harrowing past of his own, Stu seems to t ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published October 12th 2010 by Steeple Hill Books

To ask other readers questions about Critical Impact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Critical Impact

Cathy Daniel
Truly sad the Whisper Lake series is done but happy I have more books by the author to read. Even when the bad guy is obvious (and you have to wonder why the main characters and police are so blind) this book is still so enjoyable. I can't wait to read her newer books to see how she's grown as a writer!
Susan
I had to read this book for a class. It's useful in that the reader can easily see the formulaic writing. The premise is good, but needed further development to reach its full potential. Author does not employ deep POV techniques, which means that the reader is left feeling like s/he is being kept at an arms length from the story.
Judine
This book took the romance formula too far -- it felt like a formula while I was reading it (and I picked out the villain WAY before I should have). Stu and Anna don't have enough time to create a believable relationship and the cult church needed more depth to set up the influence it had on the villains.
Elaine
This is cheesier than a plate of nachos! If I hadn't read many of the author's previous works, this would be my last. Fortunately her earlier books fare far better.
Susan
A bomb goes off in city hall while they are setting up for a mock disaster. Two young women are killed and the mayor and the makeup artist are seriously injured.
Melissa
Nice finale to the the trilogy. The villain is fairly obvious but there are still some twists and turns. All in all it's worth the read.
Scharlotte
Easy read, great to unwind at the end of a long day. Finished it in just two sittngs before bed.
Veronica
Eh, not really what I was expecting. Kind of built up to a whole lot of nothing.
Harlequin Books
Very good read.
Ally
another good read
Caitlin Stringfellow
Caitlin Stringfellow marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Amanda Applegate
Amanda Applegate marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
NewAppleBookAwards
NewAppleBookAwards marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Ams
Ams is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2014
Princess Jacob
Princess Jacob marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Megan 'ross' charlton
Megan 'ross' charlton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I am an author of novels of mystery and romantic suspense. So far I have 18 in print - with more coming. My several mystery series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspenses.

I grew up near the coast in New Jersey, and it was there that my love of the ocean was nurtured. Most of my novels
More about Linda Hall...
Steal Away (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery Series) Sadie's Song (Coast of Maine, #4) Black Ice (Fog Point, #2) Dark Water (Fog Point, #1) Chat Room (Teri Blake-Addison Mystery Series)