Start by marking “Saturday Morning” as Want to Read:
Saturday Morning

Saturday Morning

Broken by life’s disappointments, four women forge a friendship that leads in unexpected directions.

Hope Benson is determined to do all she can for the broken souls who come to Casa de Jesus, a women’s shelter in the heart of San Francisco. When a difficult pregnancy forces her to relinquish control, she draws support and strength from an unlikely group of women, each stru
Published April 21st 2010 by WaterBrook (first published September 20th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Saturday Morning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saturday Morning

Dale Harcombe
Three and a half stars. Mine is not this cover. It has the cover of the E book but is most definitely a paperback. It took me a little while to get into this book but once I did, I enjoyed it. The longer it went the more involved I became. It presents a beautiful picture of a group of women from diverse backgrounds and how they are brought together by circumstances. There is Hope who runs a women’s shelter in San Francisco. Andy woman with her own marriage problems and a lavender growing busines ...more
Kathleen
Apr 17, 2017 Kathleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, read-in-2017
I read SATURDAY MORNING by Lauraine Snelling to fulfill two Bookclub challenges - Squares on the cover and Day of the week in the title.
Initially I thought that Andy Taylor was a whiny wife, but as I delved more into the book and saw her interact with the other main characters, she seemed more caring and likeable. Hope Benson, Julia Collins and Clarice were immediately easy to like. Hope's name suited her perfectly, as she was constantly full of hope.
I appreciated the author's meandering writi
Debbie Maskus
This is a Christian book with much mention of God and His powers. The format reminded me a little of Francine Rivers, but Snelling does not utilize the use of Scriptures and religious history as Francine Rivers presents in her novels. Saturday Morning is set in San Francisco, and presents glimmers of that magnificent city, Snelling does not delve into the psyche of the city. The story centers on the misfortunes of Clarice, Julia, Clarice, Hope, and Andy, and the stories are all interesting, but ...more
Margaret
Jan 01, 2015 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four women from different parts of the country, all hurting and as unlikely to be friends as you could imagine, come together to be more than friends. They become the Girl Squad--supporting and encouraging each other, helping each other in any way they can, and most especially sending up powerful prayers when needed.

Andy Taylor has taken her hobby of making lavender sachets and turning it into a profitable lavender farm. The teas, sachets, soaps,and lotions are taking off and adding to her paren
Alisha Marie
For some strange reason, a big chunk of the books that I win due to Goodreads or LibraryThing, tend to be Christian-Fiction. The weird thing about that is that I don't realize that they are actually Christian-Fiction. Now, if I were religious, I would be inclined to say that something like that is divine intervention. But since I'm not, I'm just going to say that I need start reading the descriptions of the books I sign up for much more thoroughly. Just to avoid reading a genre that I don't nece ...more
Beth
I read Lauraine Snelling's Red River of the North series many years ago. Those books were a historical christian fiction series where this book is set in more recent times. This book did not disappoint. All four women in the book are all very different from one another. They are thrown together and then find that with God they can overcome anything by working together. I love the fact that all the women were so different but still managed to become good, close friends. The story kept my attentio ...more
Barbara
Aug 08, 2009 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting book about a group of women with very diverse backgrounds and problems who become great friends and very important to each other for moral and prayer support. The writing reminds me a great deal of Neta Jackson's Yada Yada House of Hope series. Each woman's faith journey was different, and they all worked through their problems in a different way, but the friendship connection they developed with each other was inspiring.
Mar 13, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is basically a book about four women from different backgrounds and parts of the country, who, for varying circumstances, meet at Casa de Jesus (J House), a women's shelter in San Francisco. The Lord works in each of their lives as they get to know each other through their work at J House and as they pray together weekly for J House and each other.
Jul 17, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This is a book about four women and their relationship with each other and with God. Hope is a Pastor, Julia a lawyer , Clarice an older woman who has been taken advantage of by a gigalo, and Andy is a small business owner. They all come together in San Fransisco and become fast friends and prayer partners.
Lewestover
Apr 18, 2008 Lewestover rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women of all ages and circumstances
I'm only half way through the book, but I'm loving it! The unique friendship forged by four very different women, each having a different need, is something to be treasured. I am enjoying the natural role that their faith plays in the story as well. This is definitely a good read, and I'm sure I will go on to read other books that Lauraine Snelling has written.
Karen Singrey
May 24, 2015 Karen Singrey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read!

Lorraine Smelling is a gifted author who spreads God's word in her storytelling. This novel brings the stories of 4 very different women together and through the power of prayer, get their lives back together.
Tammy
Dec 11, 2011 Tammy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed getting to know the ladies that God brought together for a greater purpose. Loved how they became great friends and prayer partners. Also appreciated how Andy and Martin made changes within their life and marriage.
Tanya
Sep 19, 2010 Tanya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won this book on librarything. Great book about friendship. The book starts a little slow but once the character development is there it is very good. Everyone needs friends like these. Prayer plays a significant part in the book and gets the characters through some tough challenges.
Regina Spiker
Author of the wonderful Red River of the North historical series, writes a contemporary novel about a women's shelter, Casa de Jesus, in San Francisco and the heartbroken people who find a home within its walls and how they band together to support each other.
Marla
Jun 28, 2010 Marla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book and how important it is for us to be able to hear that still small voice of our Lord and be obedient even when doing so is the very thing we don't wish to do. Oh, how He blesses when we are obedient.
Cindy
Aug 26, 2012 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this was a great book bringing women from different walks of life to do a common good. It is a good character study. Also you become involved with the characters and feel their emotions. I recommend it.
Christian Tuininga
Good book. I enjoyed it. Easy read.
Iris
May 17, 2011 Iris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Different than a lot of her books since it isn't set in the 1800's. Liked it.
Stephanie C
Aug 28, 2013 Stephanie C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An inspiration to keep praying and in all ways and in all seasons and reasons.
KrisT
Sep 19, 2010 KrisT rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-2010, read-2010
4.5 stars to this christian fiction novel. I really enjoyed the ladies that make up this story and how these women overcame their problems by working together and praying together.
Mary Beth
May 03, 2016 Mary Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Broken by life by disappointments, four women forge a friendship that leads in unexpected directions.
Leslie
Oct 24, 2012 Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book ! ...now looking for another by Lauraine Snelling to ready !
Jul 02, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great book. Really enjoyed this one!
Alisha
Great characters held my attention
Kw
Jun 15, 2016 Kw rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the wonderful array of characters, the settings, and how the stories intersected. So thankful to have discovered this author!
Heather Dawson
Jun 24, 2011 Heather Dawson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book and the underlying message about trusting in God. Was a nice break to read a book with religious undertones.
Tami
Apr 21, 2012 Tami rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story of 4 ladies getting together and support each other in their daily lives.
Melissa
Interesting story of four women who come together in San Francisco.
Rebekah Tooley
Mar 12, 2016 Rebekah Tooley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This was a great read. It was relatively clean.

Mention of a 16-year-old prostitute.
PWRL
Dec 01, 2010 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
E
E
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Painted Dresses
  • Reinventing Rachel
  • Healing Promises (Defenders of Hope #2)
  • The Crossing
  • Divine Appointments (Snowglobe Connections, #2)
  • Recipes & Wooden Spoons (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn, #3)
  • The Inconvenient Marriage of Charlotte Beck (Women of the West,#3)
  • Mercy Come Morning
  • Fatal Deduction
  • With Endless Sight (Crossroads of Grace #3)
  • The Corruptible (Ray Quinn #2)
  • The Other Side of Darkness
  • An Absence So Great (Portraits of the Heart, #2)
  • Wings of Refuge
  • The Canary List
  • Beneath a Southern Sky (Natalie Camfield, #1)
  • My Soul to Keep (Day of Evil, #3)
  • Rose House (La Rosaleda #2)
Lauraine Snelling is the award-winning author of over seventy books, with sales of more than 2 million copies.

She also writes for a wide range of magazines, and helps others reach their writing dreams by teaching at writers’ conferences across the country.

Lauraine and her husband, Wayne, have two grown sons, and live in the Tehachapi Mountains with a watchdog Basset named Winston.

They love to tra
More about Lauraine Snelling...