Start by marking “Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely, #2.5)

Stopping Time (Wicked Lovely #2.5)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,592 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
An exciting e-story original sequel to Ink Exchange!

Leslie walked away from the Dark Court, determined to reclaim her life and live it on her own terms-even if it meant leaving behind the two faeries who love her. She knows Niall and Irial watch over her, and she would give almost anything to keep them from hurting. But she resists the pull to be with either one of them.

So
Published April 23rd 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Stopping Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stopping Time

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie MeyerMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerThe Twilight Saga by Stephenie MeyerAdrian's Lost Chapter by Richelle MeadShelby’s First Glimpse by Lauren Kate
Extras
43rd out of 109 books — 88 voters
Aerie and Reckoning by Thomas E. SniegoskiEvermore by Alyson NoelRaziel by Kristina DouglasHaunting Violet by Alyxandra HarveyFallen by Lauren Kate
Look-A-Like Covers
9th out of 15 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Katerina Kondrenko
4 out of 10

ревью на русском/review in russian

Leslie, Irial and Niall are... trio? They love each other, they sleep or slept with each other, while I am asking myself... when these guys had managed to fall that hard for this girl??

Wicked Lovely (Коварная Красота):
Wicked Lovely (Коварная Красота) #1/5
Ink Exchange (Роковая татуировка) #2/5
Stopping Time (Останавливая время) #2.5/5
Old Habits (Старые привычки) #2.6/5
Fragile Eternity (Темное предсказание) #3/5
Radiant Shadows (Смертные те
Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Warner ♥
The Wicked Lovely series would have gotten 5-stars from me across the board if it weren't for the weird Leslie-Irial-Niall love-triangle/threesome situation. It makes me really uncomfortable. And my least favourite character in the whole series is Irial, so I was pretty disappointed that the extras are about them. I do and dont want to read Old Habits. I still love the world. I am not sure what I will do.
Jilly
Jul 01, 2014 Jilly rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella, faeries-fae
A true love triangle! They actually all love each other - the men love each other as much as they each love the girl. I like it!
And, it features my three favorite characters, Leslie, Irial, and Niall!
Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads
K seriously . . . someone needs to write some MMF fanfic for Irial, Niall, and Leslie.

For REALZ.
Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom)
Stopping Time is a little novella that picks up a short time after the events of Ink Exchange, where Leslie severed her ties to Irial and the Dark Court, and to Niall as well, in order to save herself from who she might become as a member of the Dark Court, IF she even survived the Ink Exchange experiment.

At the end of Ink, Irial bestowed the leadership of the Dark Court to Niall. Everyone is trying to adjust to these recent changes. Leslie is now trying to live her life without faerie influenc
Maya
The writing for this series is soooo confusing! The story was great, but I can't get over the writing.

The whole Irial-Leslie-Niall love triangle really is a triangle.
Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading)
Boy, I just love Melissa Marr. My only complaint about her beautifully written Wicked Lovely series is that we don't get a lot of closure on the different story arcs. Some of that was resolved with Stopping Time, a sequel to Ink Exchange. Stopping Time is a novella (boy I wish it would have been a full-length novel) which picks up where Ink Exchange left off.

Leslie left the Dark Court and Niall and Irial behind. She loves both of them and they both love her. They are still looking out for her,
Jul 10, 2010 Sarah added it
I read Ink Exchange more than a year ago, and I don't remember all the details, but I do remember the basics. Great characters, good plot, fantastic writing, and pretty much just that I loved it. But, this isn't a love-letter to Ink Exchange (I promise).

So, liking Ink Exchange as much as I did, I was thrilled to find this short-story in the back of my paperback copy of Fragile Eternity.

Stopping Time picks up a while after Ink Exchange ends, and Leslie has moved away from the town where the res
Kelly
Mar 14, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing
You know, I can easily see Irial becoming my favorite Faeries. He's got the sexy, powerful thing going for him, topped with a dark streak and a willingness to do the right thing for his people. That's just... hot.

This was one of those nice little glimpses into the world of our characters after the end of a book. Leslie made the choice to walk away from Niall and Irial and from the Dark Court because she didn't like the person she was when she was in it. It wasn't an easy decision for her to make
Alexandra
Nov 29, 2010 Alexandra rated it really liked it
Ok, so I read this as a bonus within Fragile Eternity. And I'm surprised by how much I like it, given how I felt about Ink Exchange. Maybe the story just works better as a short one, since I don't think much happened in the novel anyway. It took me until this story to realize that this is a true love triangle - in which all three people involved in it actually do love the other two people.

That's so fascinating (and not in a sexual way at all! Although I imagine if they really had a threesome it
Kathy Davie
May 20, 2014 Kathy Davie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
This one is 2.5 in the Wicked Lovely so-very-romantic paranormal series for Young Adults. The couple focus is on Leslie, Irial, and Niall.

My Take
This is so romantic and makes me cry. Makes my heart hurt with all that Irial is giving up.

It irritates me that Leslie wants nothing to do with the Dark Court, and yet she encourages Irial to hang around. She likes the protection of the fairies, but she doesn’t want to give back. I can, however, understand why she doesn’t want to be part of their Court:
Gracie
Apr 22, 2011 Gracie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gabriel
OHMYGAWD!!!

If I didn't love Niall in Ink Exchange, then I'm completely, utterly, irrevocably 190% more taken by him in this short story.

Niall is one of those characters that will really get you hooked, simply by the fact that their whole background is a bit mysterious. And who doesn't like a good mystery?

Leslie and Niall's story was by far, more interesting than Ash&Seth's will ever be.

And with Irial in the picture, this combo (or trio?)'s adventure will be anything but easy :)
willaful
Oct 23, 2010 willaful rated it it was ok
There were parts of this two-part short story that I found really intriguing, but the amount of repetition put me off. (How many times must the conflict be stated? At least once per paragraph, apparently.) It was a nice enough read for free and I would love to see Marr explore this love triangle more in the future. But a little more succinctly, please.
Tracy's Place
Nov 27, 2011 Tracy's Place rated it really liked it
4.25

I really liked this short story that continues after Ink Exchange. I knew that there was a relationship between Niall and Irial but I guess I just didn't pick up on the extent of the relationship in IE. This story really shows us more and is quite good.
Suze
May 27, 2014 Suze rated it it was amazing
Stopping Time is a short story about Leslie, Irial and Niall. Leslie has taken back her life again and is determined to live it as normal as possible. It is very hard to completely ignore the faeries though. She knows they are watching over her. Then someone of her past confronts her with her secret.
After Ink Exchange I was glad to read more about Leslie and the two faeries who love her. This story was a bit less dark. Impossible love is the main theme here. Even though Leslie doesn't want to b
Krys

Stopping Time is a short story by Melissa Marr based in the same world as Wicked Lovely. It follows Leslie, Irial, and Niall from book two in the series, Ink Exchange. It was very refreshing to read this, as these are my favourite characters in the series. This particular addition really helps to round out everyone as well.

Leslie is a student, assiduously avoiding her past, trying to forget the time she spent in the Dark Court with Irial. Now a college student she has a tentative agreement with
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Feb 10, 2013 Jeanne 'Divinae' rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This takes place after Ink Exchange. Leslie has left the Dark court, including walking away from Niall and Irial. She loves both of them, but doesn't want to be part of there court. Niall is now the new Dark King. She is living her mortal life with her mortal friends. She will never go back to her mortal life from before she meet Niall and Irial though. She has faeries watching over her(protecting her) from three courts now: Dark, Summer and Winter.

She was frightened by how her life was in the D
I am Cat。
Jul 28, 2011 I am Cat。 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faeries
I really wish that this had been expanded into a fuller book. Marr definitely would earn brownie points by expanding the Leslie-Niall-Irial triangle. Actually, I'd love to get into the nitty gritty of it. It wasn't something I expected at all, but I think with the Gancanaghs a polyamorous, three way relationship would fit nicely into Wicked Lovely. Looking back (I read this after finishing Darkest Mercy), the same could almost be said about Aislinn-Keenan-Donia, seeing as Aislinn was truly falli ...more
Angie (Mind Malfunction)
Feb 20, 2013 Angie (Mind Malfunction) rated it it was amazing
Stopping Time is book 2.5, a short story in the Wicked Lovely Series by Melissa Marr. I really enjoyed this story and seeing more of Irial and Niall. In this story, Irial is watching out for Leslie and keeping his distance. (view spoiler) ...more
Kimberly
Mar 31, 2012 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Okay - disclaimer. This is my first venture into this series. I wanted something short and fluffy to read in between some heavier books that I am tackling. This is certainly it.

I found the characters to be interesting. A lot doesn't seem to happen in this novella, but it seems like the author's intent is to work on some character development in between longer books of the series. I find myself liking most of the characters with the exception of the protagonist's brother, who is a prick, and her
orannia
Mar 30, 2013 orannia rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult, 2013
Three and three-quarter stars. While I understand that not everyone can have a HEA, of all the characters in the Wicked Lovely series I felt Leslie deserved one most of all. But she, along with Irial and Niall, seemed doomed to never reach that, being that Leslie is human and fears...not the Dark Court itself, but what she may become if part of it. And yet everyone else at the end of the final book in the series got their HEA. And I'm peeved about it. Which I guess is an issue with the plot, rat ...more
Ricki
Aug 02, 2013 Ricki rated it did not like it
I don't know why this was written. I thought Ink Exchange's lack of closure was part of its charm, and fit well with the book's mood and themes. Now Marr is trying to wrap up loose ends but it feels exactly like fanfiction to fix a disliked ending. This would have worked a lot better if it were pared down and made an epilogue, rather than tacked on as a bonus chapter or whatever, because its content undermines the book.

It left a bad taste in my mouth because Leslie's character development in Ink
Myndi
May 27, 2014 Myndi rated it really liked it
I was very excited to get more story from Leslie and her Dark Kings. While the ending was still bittersweet, I felt more closure this time around than I did with Ink Exchange. Because of that, I'm very glad that Marr decided to give us this little novella. I'm looking forward to reading the other novella that takes place after Ink Exchange as well.
Kj
Oct 17, 2010 Kj rated it did not like it
I really didn't like Ink Exchange and the more that I think about it I really hated the first half of that book so this story didn't interest me. I only read it because it was included in the version of Fragile Eternity that my library had. Hopefully Leslie's storyline is done for good and I will never have to read about it again but for those fans out there who liked Ink Exchange and the whole love triangle between Irial/Leslie/Niall you will definitely like this short story. It picks up where ...more
Jessica
Mar 26, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
Nothing important really happens that needs to be know.

Review:

a.) Characters: 3/5 score. Leslie has grown since we last seen her in Ink Exchange. I think it’s cute how the faeries watch over her, but it would get annoying if she was trying to leave their world. Leslie doesn’t seem to think much about that.

b.) Plot: 3/5 score. I think this wasn’t needed, but it made me have more questions about Niall and Irial’s past relationship. The whole time Leslie was being stalked, I knew who it was. I me
Kristen
Apr 30, 2014 Kristen rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
This is one of the better tie-in novellas I've read. I still don't like the Dark Court though. Melissa did manage to "resolve" the love triangle in a way that most YA authors wouldn't. Props for that, although I can't decide if it's brilliant or just an easy way out. Hah.
Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Emma (BelleBooks)
Mar 10, 2011 Emma (BelleBooks) rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
This is a short e-book which was released as part of the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr. The story takes place between Ink Exchange, book 2 and Fragile Eternity, book 3 in the series.

I this book we see Leslie trying to move on with her life and is now in college after she leaving the Dark Court, of course Niall and Irial are always going to be around, so there is lots of interactions with them in this story as well.

However someone has found out about the Fey, and Lesley's involvement with
Amanda
Feb 22, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it
This book paints a more tender version of Irial, adds more layers to the love triangle between the three but mostly it just felt like dragging out a painful breakup.
rebecca  david
Jul 04, 2014 rebecca david rated it it was amazing
This short story made me love Irial even more. I loved everything about it!!!! I think Leslie is very lucky to have both Irial and Niall.
where can i find this book? 1 4 Feb 06, 2013 04:43PM
  • Remedial Magic (Faeriewalker, #0.5)
  • The Night After I Lost You (The Lynburn Legacy, #1.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • Lila Shortcuts (Lila, #0.5-0.7)
  • Divided (Darkest Powers, #1.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Indomitable (Intangible, #0.75)
  • Fallen from Grace (Dark Mirror, #0.5)
  • Beasts and BFFs (13 to Life, #0.5)
  • The Lost Boy (The Iron Witch, #0.5)
  • Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5)
  • Reaper (Soul Screamers, #3.5)
  • The Summer King (The Chronicles of Faerie, #2)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The Demon Trappers, #0.4)
  • Shadow Days (Nightshade, #0.5)
  • The Vampire Diaries: The Return - Dinner Disaster (The Vampire Diaries: The Return Extras, #2.2)
5 stars= If I love you, I'll buy you a copy from this list of books. (Pls note, if you are my family or dearest friends, feel free to remind me to do so. I am lousy w remembering birthdays/holidays.)

4 stars= Don't even ask to borrow it. You should prob buy it though.

3= If you borrow it, you better not lose it, mangle it, or keep it too long.

2 or 1 star= I don't use these. If it's not a 3 star or
More about Melissa Marr...

Wicked Lovely (6 books)
  • Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)
  • Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2)
  • Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • Faery Tales & Nightmares

“You are my king. You could command me to stop seeing her."

Niall turned his gaze to Irial. "What would you do?"

"Blind myself, if you were foolish enough to use those words.”
26 likes
“But you didn't need me, did you? You'd already got yourself to safety."
"Sometimes, I sleep better knowing you . . . and Niall . . ." She faltered.
"Love you from a safe distance," he finished.
"Yes.”