Start by marking “Rising Darkness” as Want to Read:
Rising Darkness

Rising Darkness (Dark Enchantments #2)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Demon hunter, vampire and member of the Cadre, Damien Hancock has come to Wolvesrain to help Emma McGovern defend herself against a powerful demon. For if Emma finds love -- and consummates that love -- the demon Asmos will fulfill a generations-old curse and claim her soul. Damien knows just how powerful the ancient demon is, but he never anticipated the all-consuming eff ...more
ebook, Silhouette Nocturne #23, 288 pages
Published December 1st 2007 by Silhouette (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Rising Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rising Darkness

Kay
For 200 years now, the McGovern family has been held by the curse of a gypsy girl. Betrayed by a McGovern ancestor, the gypsy had called upon the demon Asmos to curse any McGovern to a brutal death should they ever fall in love and have that love consummated. The curse could only be lifted with the death of Asmos or the end of the McGovern bloodline. Damien Hancock remembered that night vividly; that was the night the vampires came to the woods and attacked his family, brutalizing his sisters an ...more
faeriemyst
Apr 24, 2008 faeriemyst rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal romance fans who aren't too choosy
I'm having trouble forming sentences from my thoughts so I'm just going to list them instead. :)

Emma and Damien were likable enough characters, even if their 'woe is me' routines got a bit annoying, luckily that got progressively better as the book went on. My main problem was that their romance took a bit of a backseat to the curse and vampires and I didn't quite buy it at the end.
The concept of the Cadre was interesting and I'd like to read the other Dark Enchantment books for an expansion on
Ashu
worst book i ever read... didn't feel any connection between the H\h.. the heroine was TSTL and the hero didn't have a spine.. the secondary characters were weak... basically, just a waste of time..
Deirdre
Centuries ago Emma's Ancestor got on the wrong side of a gipsy and a curse was put on the women of her family. If they find and consummate love a demon will take them over. Damien Hancock is a vampire and demon hunter and he finds himself in a bind, the demon needs vanquishing but this mightn't be the best thing for Emma.

It's pretty predictable but very readable
This book left me feeling like I needed more resolution from the storyline.

Everything was going great until the last page, and then I wondered if the last part of my book was missing. I won't go into the details, but I can't help but wondering how that works out when they stop having sex and leave the bedroom. ;)
Stacie
Quick read about a woman whose family has been cursed by a gypsy getting revengne on her lover. A vampire named Damien is sent to help Emma with the curse and fight the demons.
Emmeline Lock
Largely a disappointing read. The premise was great, it started well, but faltered. Sigh.
Aparna
A very OK book. Not too exciting to read, seemed to drag on a bit.
Ravensscar
Ravensscar marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Sherry
Sherry added it
Jul 31, 2015
Buttons
Buttons marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Tarynn Bundy
Tarynn Bundy marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Cindy Langhart
Cindy Langhart marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Winnetta Johnson
Winnetta Johnson marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Berenice Noyola-Olmedo
Berenice Noyola-Olmedo marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Samantha Howard
Samantha Howard marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Jessica Hatfield
Jessica Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
  • Guardian's Keep (Unbound #2)
  • Familiar Stranger (Dark Enchantments #1)
  • The Quest (Warriors for the Light #3)
  • Blood Son
  • Night Mischief (Dark Enchantments #3)
  • Beast of Desire (Knights of White #2)
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons #2)
  • Blood Calls (The Calling #6)
  • The Protector (Time Raiders #4)
  • The Vampire Affair
  • Vanished (Guardians #3)
  • Alpha Wolf (Alpha Force, #2)
  • Sentinels: Wolf Hunt (Sentinels #3)
  • From the Mists of Wolf Creek
  • Dance Of The Wolf (The Pack #8)
  • Last of the Ravens
Cynthia Cooke is an award-winning author who has published several books with Harlequin/Silhouette, Steeple Hill, and Entangled Publishing. She has co-written two books, a Thriller with CJ Lyons, EDGE OF SHADOWS, and a Sexy Paranormal with Tina Folsom, TASTE OF GREEK. She has a deep affection for horror movies, thrillers and all things that go bump in the night. So if you choose to delve into one ...more
More about Cynthia Cooke...

Dark Enchantments (4 books)
  • Familiar Stranger (Dark Enchantments #1)
  • Night Mischief (Dark Enchantments #3)
  • Saving Destiny (Dark Enchantments #4)
All Bets Are On Deadly Secrets, Loving Lies Black Magic Lover A Night with a Vampire Peter's Return