Start by marking “Things to Come: A Study in Biblical Eschatology” as Want to Read:
Things to Come: A Study in Biblical Eschatology

Things to Come: A Study in Biblical Eschatology

Because of the prominence of prophecy in Scripture, many excellent books have appeared dealing with prophetic subjects. Until recently, however, the treatment of prophecy has been either apologetic or expository, and prophetic themes have been developed individually apart from their relation to the whole revealed prophetic program. Much of our knowledge has been only ...more
Published July 19th 1965 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Things to Come, please sign up.

Stegokitty eBay should have tons of these.
I would suggest reading something Biblical instead.

Bart Breen
May 24, 2012 Bart Breen rated it really liked it
Definitive work in Dispensational Eschatology

I read this book as a requirement to ordination back in the late 1980's. It was not an easy work to read through. It is encyclopedic in nature and very academic and dry in terms of it's approach although no doubt, one could find it exciting if you are passionate about dispensational eschatology. (I'm not sure I want meet someone like that, but I'm sure there must be a few out there!) ;)

The value of the book is as a reference and means to study for the
Michael O'connor
Aug 21, 2014 Michael O'connor rated it really liked it
An excellent book on biblical eschatology. Though large (600 pages), the book includes a detailed table of contents arranged in outline form, giving it a good reference for encyclopedic use. This book is very important for understanding not only the premillennial position but also the proper method of biblical interpretation, to which this book dedicates its first of seven sections. For the study of the premillennial position, the author first gives the posttribulation and midtribulation rapture ...more
Read1000books
Dec 21, 2014 Read1000books rated it liked it
Shelves: bible-reference
Want to know what's going to happen? Check this out. Whether you have an interest in Bible prophecy or simply want to know about the future and what this old world is coming to, this is the book for you. Plenty of Scripture references, quotations, and documentation throughout. A long (587 pages) but rewarding read.
Peter Last
Nov 13, 2014 Peter Last rated it really liked it
Pretty descent book which considers a lot of spiritual and biblical questions.

This volume is pretty hard to read, not really a surprise considering the subject matter. Even so, I was able to struggle through it and gain a pretty good understanding of different views of things like biblical interpretation, theories on the rapture, and other deep theological questions. Sometimes I think the author shortchanged arguments and theories he didn't agree with, but altogether a good, well-rounded book.
Phule77 Erickson
Dec 11, 2007 Phule77 Erickson rated it it was amazing
This is an absolutely excellent work on biblical prophecy, but it is, in essence, an encyclopedia on the subject. It can be very dry, but at the same time is very intensely interesting if you are into the subject matter.

It starts off with several sections on exactly how scripture should be interpreted, and how that directly affects how we understand prophecy. It compares with other writings, and is very clear in how it draws it's conclusions. An excellent piece of work.
Charlie
Jun 26, 2013 Charlie rated it liked it
The author is patently wrong in many of his claims about church history, and the views presented are somewhat idiosyncratic and outdated, but I still scored it three stars for being such a comprehensive, methodical expression of an American theological school - classical dispensationalism.
Susan
Mar 19, 2016 Susan rated it it was amazing
Excellent. Another wonderful Pentecost book. Laymen or students, really all levels. Pentecost is one of my favorites. The book leads and guides, and I will now read for a second time.
I don't do longggg ratings, just a an overview of my general opinion.
Jimmy Reagan
Mar 24, 2013 Jimmy Reagan rated it it was amazing
A widely used bestseller! Most every premillennialist has a copy. This volume is often used as a textbook and many pastors I know make it their first choice. A clearly laid-out volume that can help anyone understand the premillennial position.
Michael
Mar 14, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing
Well done compilation of the Dispensational view of prophecy. It also has an extrememly useful first section on how to interpret biblical prophecy.
Larry
Apr 05, 2008 Larry rated it liked it
the standard text of pretribulation rapture premillennial dispensationalism. well written, but only one side of a complex issue.
John
May 22, 2009 John rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-have-books
EXCELLENT. Clearly describes and defines prophetic issues in the Bible. Very clear description of the five different views of the rapture. Superb book for understanding Biblical prophecy.
Marki Haynes
Marki Haynes rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Seth Westhoff
Seth Westhoff rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2014
Justin
Justin rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
PCritch
PCritch rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2014
Michael Alford
Michael Alford rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Jose Sanchez
Jose Sanchez rated it did not like it
May 13, 2013
Michael Henderson
Apr 09, 2015 Michael Henderson rated it it was amazing
A must for any who loves Bible Prophecy!!!
Justin Myers
Justin Myers rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Jace Cloud
Jace Cloud rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2013
John Stubler
John Stubler rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Andre
Andre rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2015
Rick Marsh
Rick Marsh rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2015
John
John rated it liked it
May 09, 2015
John Mcclure
John Mcclure rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2012
Jim  Justice
Jim Justice rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
J.S. Farland
J.S. Farland rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Allen
Allen rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Major Bible Themes: 52 Vital Doctrines of the Scriptures Simplified and Explained
  • The Meaning of the Millennium: Four Views
  • The Holy Spirit
  • Three Views on the Rapture: Pre; Mid; or Post-Tribulation
  • The Story of Christianity: The Early Church to the Present Day
  • Charismatic Chaos
  • Decision Making and the Will of God: A Biblical Alternative to the Traditional View
  • The Christian Theology Reader