Start by marking “Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious, Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet” as Want to Read:

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  986 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Are you HUNGRY? The number-one New York Times bestselling phenomenon is BACK---with even more yum-a-licious guilt-free recipes. This time, the EASIEST ones on the planet!

Hungry Girl’s recipes aren't just delicious, they’re SUPER-SIMPLE, too. Hungry Girl 1-2-3 will help you make the world’s most delicious guilt-free appetizers, meals, snacks, desserts, etc., with practicall...more
Published March 30th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published March 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hungry Girl 1-2-3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hungry Girl 1-2-3

Maylihn
As much as I wanted to like this book, I wasn't too impressed. I decided not to try any recipes because most of the ingredients are "low fat", "substitute of eggs". It seemed to me like every recipe in this book is made using processed food. I am adamant on using real food in more reasonable quantities. Making sweets out of substitutes is, in my opinion, just a band-aid solutioN. Sure, I'll lose the weight but that will be by ingesting artificial products and engineered products. I much prefer s...more
Ginny
I first heard about Hungry Girl in a weight loss workshop through the local hospital. I found this book by accident in the library and it's pretty interesting. Lots of good, lo-cal ideas, and wow, a cookbook that actually has recipes for one-person meals! I like to "test run" new cookbooks at the library first and this one did not disappoint.
Olivia
Great book gives yummy recipes that you can try
Kelli Stephenson
This was actually a great cookbook!! I loved the 4 ingredient section, the tin foil section, and the desert section (the canoli's are super easy!!!) I also liked that you can go to the website to see a picture of each recipe (I need pictures to decide if I want to make it) and get the WW points for each recipe. In the book, they have all of the nutritional information, but I am to lazy to calculate the points on my own!
Gloriavirtutisumbra
Mostly browsed through a library copy, didn't copy a single recipe. I didn't really get into this one.
Andrea
This was cute for a cookbook. I would have liked it better if the color photos were on the same page as the recipes. I don't think I'll be making much from this since a lot of the dishes that I lke I've already remade healthy on my own. I do think it is great for people who are trying to eat healthy and want to get more creative. I'm a fan of hungry girl and I think she is great!
Amber
I tagged seven recipes from this book that I am intrested in. Many of the recipes are for things that need to be prepared the night you are eating them. I like to cook ahaead to save precious evening time for homework, Glee, and American Idol. I will definately be scanning these before I return this book to the library. Thanks Hungry Girl.
Crystal
this wasnt her greatest book of recipes. but i did find about 12 recipes id like to try.. but then i found the bonus section! omg the best ideas ever!! easily found about 10/20 combinations i wouldnt have thought of but i am dying to try!

like the chocolate pudding and some softened peanut butter mixed in. that sounds amazing!
Ky
More low-cal recipes if you're looking to cook for 1 or 2. I enjoy making Ms. Lillien's recipes, though sometimes it's tricky to find the substitutions she suggests, such as the egg substitute, etc. As a result, it's not something I use every day, and I won't be trying every single recipe if it seems a little TOO altered.
Angi614c
I own every single one of her books and they are worth it!! Although on amazon I never paid full price!!! She knows how to cut calories and fat!!! If ur trying to stay away from FF OR RF or processed things THIS IS NOT THE BOOK 4 u GO BUY eating clean or eating raw cuz this is more realistic for today's busy hungry woman!!!
Lisa
Jun 17, 2010 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hungry girls!
Shelves: recipes-cooking
This recipe book has a lot of good ideas/recipes. It reminded me of some things I used to cook and haven't had for awhile. This book would be a good book to have when you are wondering what to have for dinner. It would be smart to look through the book before going shopping, so you could have all the ingredients.
Trish Malta
I like this cookbook. For those of us who are cooking-challenged, it gives good ideas for real meals. (I even recognized 90% of the ingredients!) I like the helpful cooking hints, and also the ideas for substituting fatty foods with reasonable alternatives. The shopping suggestions are also good. Very helpful!
Kristi
Another one of my favorite cookbooks. Love how you can make great tasting low fat and low calorie recipes. As a busy mom love quick and easy like the apricot chicken and strawberry smoothies! I consider this a must have cook book for people who want to eat healthier but without a lot of preperation or time.
Amanda
I tend to be on the pickier side of life, so there wasn't many recipes in here that I was interested in. There was a nice sized section on crock-pot recipes and a couple of those piqued my interest. A lot of the recipes made 1-2 servings and for this hungry-girl-mother-of-3, that just isn't enough.
Amy
A little bit of everything for everyone. However, there are very few pictures and the pictures that are there are in a couple of very small clumps towards the end of the book.

I did get a couple of neat recipes -- one for fish and another for banana boats -- both cooked in foil in the oven.
Courtney
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cookbook!!! Easy recipes and they all have the calories and weight watchers points noted too. Its nice to have recipes that are made from ingredients we all buy instead of going to the store with a list for a new recipe looking for things we don't usually buy.
Cherish
I stumbled across this book while looking for cookbooks to help me lose weight. This book was fantastic! I love the single serving recipes and it gave me great ideas for lunches. I've already tried a few, and they were delicious!! I will definitely read more of her books for more ideas!!
Andrea
I didn't actually try any recipes from this cookbook ( I took it out of the library) but I have a hard time using a cookbook that calls for altered foods....egg substitutes, tofu noodles, fat-free mayo, etc. I would prefer using the real thing, and using moderation.
Mickey Reed
Jan 23, 2011 Mickey Reed rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People trying to eat better/less
Recommended to Mickey by: Jill
Shelves: 2011, ereader
I have this one on my nook, too. I've looked through the recipes and they're pretty reasonable. Most sound delicious. Again, I'm picky so I add and subtract ingredients to make it more for my tastes. Not too bad!
Rachel
Another great cookbook from Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien. Am definitely more impressed with the recipes in this cookbook than in her last one "Hungry Girl: 200 under 200". Can't wait to try out some new recipes!
Amanda
Lots of great recipes and food ideas. I love that they are soo simple (lots of microwave in a mug meals)! She also has lots of vegetarian items and even includes great options for desserts.
Lady Knight
Fantastic simple recipes, with as few calories as you can get without it tasting terrible. A must for anyone counting how many calories, fats, carbs, whatever, they consume.
Marlene
I've checked this out at the library. One thing I like about her cookbooks is that the recipes are rather basic and use ingredients that are easy to find.
Heather
Great cookbook - the slow cooker chapter especially. Really loved the slow-cookin' mexican chicken and ez 1-2-3 turkey chili. Yum!
Marley
I like a lot of the recipes but the specialized ingredients aren't necessarily accessible to the average consumer, which gets annoying
Mckinley
I don't like these because ingredients are fat free this and fake that; use artificial sweeteners, etc.
Donnajo
not my usual book to read. but it was on the nook. no recipes I would ever use.
Dominique
Love this cook book! Great low calorie recipes for all types of tastes!
Linda Kline
It was just ok. Not too many things I would find myself making.
Deb
easy, tried foods I would'nt normally have tried &liked a lot of them
  • Cook Yourself Thin: Skinny Meals You Can Make in Minutes
  • Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories
  • Skinny Italian: Eat It and Enjoy It - Live La Bella Vita and Look Great, Too!
  • Get Cooking: 150 Simple Recipes to Get You Started in the Kitchen
  • Even More Top Secret Recipes: More Amazing Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • The South Beach Diet Supercharged: Faster Weight Loss and Better Health for Life
  • 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles
  • The New Atkins for a New You: The Ultimate Diet for Shedding Weight and Feeling Great
  • Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals: What to Keep on Hand, What to Buy Fresh for the Easiest-Ever 30-Minute Meals
  • The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker
  • Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express: 404 Inspired Seasonal Dishes You Can Make in 20 Minutes or Less
  • The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired recipes--from soba noodles to summer rolls
  • Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads
  • Cooking for Friends
  • Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An indespensible guide for anybody who likes to cook
  • A Book of Mediterranean Food
  • Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy: A Feast of 175 Regional Recipes
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
The creator of HungryGirl.com shares her best tips, recipes, and advice to live a healthy and full life!"

Lisa Lillien is not a nutritionist, she's just hungry. She's the founder of Hungry Girl, the website and daily email service providing approximately one million fans with guilt-free recipes, food and product reviews, dieting news, shockers and more. She also writes weekly columns for WeightWatc...more
More about Lisa Lillien...
Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World Hungry Girl: 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunches & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories Hungry Girl to the Max!: The Ultimate Guilt-Free Cookbook The Hungry Girl Diet: Big Portions. Big Results. Drop 10 Pounds in 4 Weeks