Start by marking “Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)” as Want to Read:
Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)

Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb #3)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  22 reviews
A car salesman from the U.S.A. goes missing from a cruise ship in the wee hours, leaving only a bloody deck behind. It looks like murder and the main suspect is the husband of Dotsy Lamb's best friend Lettie. The ship's photographer knows something and would have told, but he's also murdered the following day on the island of Mykonos. Ship's security, Mykonos police, the F ...more
Published May 19th 2010 by Five Star (ME) (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Death on the Aegean Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Death on the Aegean Queen

Sheri
Death on the Aegean Queen (Maria Hudgins)
Mystery/Murder. Classic who-done-it. Dotsy Lamb sets out on a cruise to Greece. Soon a man ends up over board, leaving nothing but a trail of blood. Dotsy sets out to solve this caper. While investigating, the ships photographer ends up dead as well. Panic is abound on the ship, Dotsy is determined to get to the truth. Secrets, lies, and hidden truths abound in this page turning, fast, fun read. I will look at more work from Maria Hudgins.
Loraine
SUMMARY: George Gaskill, a car salesman from Indiana, goes missing from the stern deck of the Aegean Queen leaving only a pool of blood and a strange note behind. Ollie Osgood, the husband of Dotsy Lamb's best friend Lettie, is the last person to have seen him and one of three men who lost a bundle to George in a Texas Hold'em Poker game. Then the ship's photographer turns up murdered on the beautiful island of Mykonos.
Dotsy wants only to unwind and to renew her promising relationship with Marco
John
I got this one as an Amazon Prime free loan, and honestly, kinda glad I didn't pay for it. Mystery angle was okay; it's a cozy, so I wasn't expecting profound. Here's the point that drive me nuts: much is made of Dotsy's diabetes, yet she had four ouzos one night! Leads me to wonder whether the author is familiar with the disease at all, but decided to make her protagonist one as a "hook"?
P S Karr
Death on the Aegean Queen is the third installment in the Dotsy Lamb travel mysteries. I first introduced Dotsy in Death of a Geek which was set in the Scottish Highlands. Death on the Aegean Queen is set on a cruise ship that is touring the Aegean and Greek islands. Although there is an abundance of people, the setting could be called remote, or removed from the mainland.

Dotsy, accompanied by friend Lettie and her husband Ollie, is about to leave on a cruise of the Greek islands. She looks forw
Shirley
I never expected to love this book .... but ... I did! Karen Krause was a perfect choice for narrator. A mix of Agatha and Fletcher very enjoyable.
Kelly
3 stars for the story, which was pretty entertaining. 5 stars for the audiobook performance.
Julie
Dotsy, Lettie and her husband are on a Greek cruise ship. And Marco--part of the Italian carbinari that they met in Italy is joining them. At their dinner table, they meet a couple from America then later that night, the husband is missing and blood is found on the deck. They along with an FBI agent and a local cop, try to figure out what happened as well with a murder of the ship's photographer and some smuggling of valuable artifacts. There were some twists and turns and some surprises. Good w ...more
K
When I started I was so excited that I found a new mrs. P., but it just didn't work for me. I loved the setting, but never connected with Dotsy, the heroine. Not sure why, she was likeable, and has quirks. The mystery seemed to drag along. Having the two missing mysteries running was fun. but I disliked the end, with the bracelet and Lettie. Never did like the "best friend" Lettie and her husband George. they did not see to act that way, going their won way.
Just okay read, found it slow at times
J. Ewbank
This mystery by Hudgins is a nice, comfortable read. It is one of a series so those who enjoy this book can enjoy others by the same author. I would read another book by this author myself because it was interesting and the characters were sketched out well.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" "Wesey's Wars" and "To Whom It May Concern"
Hedgiemom
This is a typical series mystery. It's nothing to write home about but it is a pleasant read. I have read a lot of this type of genre writing, so it's got to be really unusual for me to get excited about it. There were some typos/proofreading errors but not as many as there are in most of the e-books I've been reading lately. I don't like cutesy names and "Dotsy" for the heroine's name is pretty icky.
Doris Pearson
Second book by this author I believe and want to read the next one.. This was excellent
Lenore
Enjoyable, coherent, well written, quick, easy read.
Marilyn
I have now read all three of the Dotsy Lamb travel mysteries. As before, these are enjoyable reads, cozy so to say. I just have a problem with a teacher being the only one who could figure out the problems. It made the authorities look quite incapable of figuring things out. But it is a quirky mystery, and enjoyable!
Diane Hernandez
Nice cozy mystery with good descriptions of both Greece and cruising. The audio book narrator really elevated this book from a 3 to a 4 star. She was entertaining and it was easy to keep the characters straight even during busy LA traffic.

I was given a copy of the audio book in exchange for an honest review.
Trudy
I enjoyed this mystery, but I felt the characters needed a bit more depth (and perhaps fewer characters would be a step in the right direction). Furthermore, it's rather hard to take a protagonist with the name Dotsy very seriously. All-in-all, though, it was a nice, light read.
Pat
Jan 01, 2014 Pat rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
An average mystery. Great setting.
Free at ALA.
Sheri
Love Maria Hudgins' Dotsy Lamb travel mysteries. I feel like I'm actually traveling along with the heroine. can't wait to start on book 4!
Lyra
More of a 3.5. Well written traditional mystery in the vein of Miss Marple.
Barbara
I'll definitely read more of these -- fun travel mystery!
Paige Pell
Fun, easy read. Makes me want to visit Greece!
Ruth
Great for a light but enjoyable read.
Terrisa
very Agatha Christie like
Kerry
Kerry is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2014
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Sonya L Moore
Sonya L Moore marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
  • Deadly Blessings (An Alex St. James Mystery #1)
  • Progressive Dinner Deadly (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #3)
  • Murder Passes the Buck (Gertie Johnson, #1)
  • Crescent City Kill (Skip Langdon, #7)
  • At Large (Josephine Fuller, #3)
  • Classmate Murders (A Jim Richards Murder Mystery #1)
  • Hilda Hopkins, Murder She Knit
  • Death By A HoneyBee (Josiah Reynolds Mysteries, #1)
  • Storm Surge (A Jonie Waters Mystery, #1)
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • The Fires of the Gods (Sugawara Akitada #8)
  • Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7)
  • Murder in Death's Door County
  • California Schemin' (A Bree MacGowan Mystery #2)
  • Honeymoons Can Be Murder (A Charlie Parker Mystery #6)
  • The Chronicles of Marr-nia (Short Stories Starring Barbara Marr)
  • My Dear Charlotte
  • Dying for a Change
Maria is an avid traveler and mystery lover. She is a retired teacher living in Hampton, Virginia. She started writing fiction when she retired six years ago and now has two books in print.
More about Maria Hudgins...
Death Of An Obnoxious Tourist (Dotsy Lamb, #1) Death of a Lovable Geek (Dotsy Lamb, #2) Death of a Second Wife (Dotsy Lamb, #4) Scorpion House Death in an Ivory Tower (Dotsy Lamb, #5)