Have Him at Hello: Confessions from 1,000 Guys About What Makes Them Fall in Love . . . Or Never Call Back

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  15 reviews
There’s a reason the media has dubbed matchmaker Rachel Greenwald as “The Wife Maker.” Yes, she’s responsible for over 750 marriages, but more importantly, she has solved perhaps the biggest dating mystery of all time: when you finally meet Mr. Right (or even Mr. Potential), what really compels him to call back (or not) after a date?

Armed with her Harvard MBA, Rachel emba...more
Published March 30th 2010 by Harmony (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Have Him at Hello, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Have Him at Hello

Kimberly
This book will pretty much make you fully realize that books like these work on crippling women to "catch a man". It also painted men as high strung, fickle idiots who have a whole generation of women pandering to their whims. While I do agree with Mrs. Greenwald's premise of having a third party inquire about what went right / wrong on a date to gain closure, I really don't accept a lot of the answers given. A woman can be powerful, but not too powerful? Men want women who just "happen" to have...more
Ugh! Took awhile to read this. There are some valid points and some good suggestions but it also sounded like there was a lot of game playing, some really silly, opinionated men and people who for whatever reason just weren't meant to connect. Read it if you must but don't expect to walk away with alot of information.
Jill
Oh, how I hate this genre and this type of book. However, I'm in that stage of life where everyone feels compelled to lend me their dating self-help books. Ugh. So I read them knowing I'm certainly not too good for professional advice and certainly not exempt from dating problems. But I am certainly too self-respecting to advertise that I'm reading it. I did laugh a few times, and I will admit it is as practical approach as could be out there to narrowing down reasons you're not asked a second t...more
Lisa
She's telling it like it is in the 21st century dating world. Can't fault her for that. Of course, she's a professional dating coach/matchmaker so she has her "make or break" 1st dating to-do's and don'ts'. I recognize traits in myself within the 16+ negative stereotypes men (mis)perceive in women that keep him from asking for a second. All women would. If she (and the men she interviewed) makes it sound like men are picky, it's because they are. They can afford to be--as of 2008, I think, there...more
Beverley
Take what you want from this and leave the rest....
Meredith Chalk
More or less all common sense stuff.
Catherine Witt
Mel
Interesting feedback from mostly men regarding dating; what they liked and why they didn't continue dating a woman they were attracted to and maybe even liked. Some of the reasons given could have been corrected with communication, but the men never did this. Some of the things that men didn't like were quirks that someone else may find cute. Some men were just jerks, but this was a minority.

There's also a chapter on the women's reasons they didn't continue dating men. Reasons like hygiene, too...more
Jacinthe Paille Landry
As a recently separated woman looking to start dating again, this was an interesting account of what to do and not to do when on a first date . Lots of fun! I'm keeping it close to review some key parts once in a while :)
Ellen Allerton
Interesting because of her research but it lacked depth.
Rebecka
There were some interesting points to consider but it was a lot of material that wasn't really useful to me. I found it encouraging to hear that mostly men want a 'nice' person for long-term relationships, which maybe sounds obvious but nevertheless is good to remember. Not exactly a must-read, but there were some valid points to consider about stereotypes during the first date, and how to prevent them from forming.
Hannah Whyte
Despite the cheesy title and lots of pink on the cover, this was actually a great (and informative!) read! I recommend it to all the ladies. (And pray no one ever finds out I read it! :P )
Karolina Patino
This book is more appropriate for women who are having trouble dating and want to improve.
Linsey
I got a few chuckles but no real insights.
Heather
Interesting...worth the read
Cinthia Manriquez
Cinthia Manriquez marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Candy
Candy marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Lindsay Hackman
Lindsay Hackman marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Yamel_vch
Yamel_vch marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Katy
Katy marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Crixtin
Crixtin marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Kady
Kady marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Radhika
Radhika marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Yuliya Tolok
Yuliya Tolok is currently reading it
Aug 13, 2014
  • Magnified World
  • On the Outside Looking Indian: How My Second Childhood Changed My Life
  • Single: The Art of Being Satisfied, Fulfilled and Independent
  • What Did I Do Wrong?: When Women Don't Tell Each Other the Friendship Is Over
  • The Manual: A True Bad Boy Explains How Men Think, Date, and Mate- And What Women Can Do to Come Out on Top
  • Bitches on a Budget: Sage Advice for Surviving Tough Times in Style
  • Deal Breakers: When to Work on a Relationship and When to Walk Away
  • It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy
  • How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You
  • 20-Something, 20-Everything: A Quarter-Life Woman's Guide to Balance and Direction
  • Why You're Not Married . . . Yet: The Straight Talk You Need to Get the Relationship You Deserve
  • Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate
  • A Girl's Guide to Guys: Meeting Them, Managing Them and All That Love Stuff
  • Make Every Man Want You: How to Be So Irresistible You'll Barely Keep from Dating Yourself!
  • What I Know Now: Letters to My Younger Self
  • Madrigal: A Novel of Gaston LeRoux's the Phantom of the Opera
  • In An Iron Cage: The Magic of Steampunk
  • Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods
Why He Didn't Call You Back: 1,000 Guys Reveal What They Really Thought About You After Your Date Find a Husband After 35 Using What I Learned at Harvard Business School The Program: Fifteen Steps to Finding a Husband After 30