Start by marking “I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith, and Family” as Want to Read:
I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith, and Family

I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith, and Family

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  768 ratings  ·  96 reviews
In this I Just Want You to Know Ebook, New York Times bestselling author Kate Gosselin continues her story of faith and family, picking up where her first book, Multiple Blessings, ended. Using excerpts and written prayers from her journal, Kate offers an intimate look at the heart of a mother during the three years her family transitioned from obscurity into television fa ...more
Published May 1st 2010 by Zondervan (first published April 17th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about I Just Want You to Know, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Just Want You to Know

This book would be a cute idea for any mother who wants to let her children know where they came from and why she loves each of them individually.

Aaaaannnnd, that's exactly what it should have stayed. Personal. Not for public consumption.

*a book to borrow, not to buy*

I probably shouldn't, but I do like Kate. Of course she is ridiculously difficult, but I do think that she's a good mother (there are worse out there). Either way, this book is really only meant to read by Kate fans, anyone else might find it so unKatelike that it seems disingenuous. Which, even as a Kate fan, it does at times.

It's a quick read, a bit of repetition which happens naturally when you have eight kids and eight letters to write. A mother's love is indeed
A very touching living memory book for her children. Whatever one thinks about Kate Gosselin, it is clear that she loves her children. I really enjoyed reading this, but it made me so sad. My heart was truly broken for this broken family and I intend to begin praying for them. Definitely a well-written book straight from the heart and very touching.
Emily Benoit
Writing Style: 3.5/5
Overall Rating: 4/5 stars

So here we go yet again, the third book by Kate Gosselin.
Don't get me wrong, I love her, and find her to be quite the inspiration... but it makes me sad. I miss the old Gosselins', and I feel like they've all changed SO much! They definitely are not your typical average-income neighbourhood family anymore.....

Other than that bit, the book itsef was good. It was sort of a follow up to "Multiple Blessings", which I loved as well. In this one, Kate con
Jun 12, 2010 Tanya rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: other moms
Shelves: 2010-books
I liked that this book focused on family, memories and traditions. Faith keeps Kate going and it's clear she wants to pass on her belief that having God in your life can make a difference (she writes about this to six of her eight kids). She trusts God for her kids' safety and any other time she can't control an outcome and it seems there are many situations she would like to have more control of with regards to being in the public eye (I don't watch her show or read the tabloids; I did see her ...more
Jessica Balaschak
Why does this book exist? Really, I'm never reading it, I can't even be bothered to spare the 20 minutes or whatever for the show. If you were going to read this, do yourself a favor and read something of literary value, it might make you smarter and the world will thank you.
Some parts had me laughing so hard, tears were streaming down my face lol
I know that there is a lot of controversy about Kate and her family. It seems like either people hate her or love her - no in between. I have been a Kate fan from the beginning. I have watched the show from the time the very first special aired. I think that the show really kind of cast her in a bad light. But, if you have kids, you KNOW they can try your patience. Just think about that times 8! I know that I would be going crazy, and if I was on a reality show I would not come off as the perfec ...more
I really and truly am a fan of the Gosselins. They were the only TV family I ever watched or cared about. I think that they are very misunderstood and I feel bad for them a lot of the time. I don't agree with all of the decisions they make, but I don't agree with all of the decisions ANYONE makes, including myself.

It was nice to revisit the family after what seems like such along time and again, I found it nice to be able to picture an event actually happening or actually "see"/"hear" a story pl
Maggie Wiggins
I was pleasantly surprised by this title. Her previous book was, to me, a pointless read: if you watched the show, you already knew about it. Any major problems were 'solved by God and prayer' which I don't have a problem with, but it sort of messes us your plot. Major problems the family faced: sickness, job loss, a stillborn baby; were all 'solved' without any clues as to what actually happened. It was like watching Entourage: everything always works out perfectly in the end, so it's boring to ...more
I would give this 2.5 stars- better than just ok. I'm "stuck" in some other books that I'm reading, so when I saw this at the $1 store, I thought it would be a good quick read and it was.

I watched the show often through 2008, when we got rid of cable. I can't say I was a Kate fan- started out that way, but then I saw the meaner, nastier side more often and I stopped watching before we got rid of cable.

The one thing I couldn't help but think when reading this is that I was wondering if I was read
Kate Gosselin's love letters to each of her children.

OK, I'll admit it. I like Kate Gosselin and really, who wouldn't act like a crazy person if they had 8 kids, especially with 6 of them all the same age? Well, ok, the Duggar mom is the exception to the rule hehe. In my mind, however, Kate is the more real of the two. We all strive to be like the Duggar mom but where, oh where do you find the patience for that? Anyway, I found this book at a Dollar Tree so I figured why not get it? I will pass
It was an easy read... personally preferred to read the stories over the letters to her children. The letters seemed very similar and she said a lot of the same things to each of them so they were somewhat repetitive. Overall though I got through it pretty quick. Some parts were very touching and even though I don't have children I admire the sacrifices her and Jon made for their kids, and everything that they did and still have to do for a family with multiples.
Kind of honey - all the letters to her children seemed totally phoned in and impersonal. Also, I'm not sure why she'd want to publicize such a private matter given the fact that her children's entire lives will forever be public because of her television show.
I read this to give it a shot to see what she really has to say after all that has happened and wasn't impressed. I felt like this should have been kept between her and her kids, not fot the public. There is nothing for the public in here. i feel like the only reason is was released publicly was for the money and to rebuild her image with the public, not for any other benfit. I wish she would get out of the lime light that has been toxic to her and her family and move on quietly. It's a quick re ...more
Eileen Carter
As I read this book I wondered if all the attention the family received effected them. In the book Kate explains how she could have done things differently, regrets doing and acting some ways, but all in all she is a mommy and does everything for her children. they are her life which she will always be thankful for. This book is good and those interested in the Gosselin family will enjoy it.
I am astonished at all the bad reviews which are mostly written by people who have decided they do not like Kate Gosselin, though they do not know her, I thought the book was redundant of the events that occurred on the show, and a little boring because of that but by no means was it a bad book. I also do not know her, so I do not feel right in judging her. I do know if I were a mom with that many children and TLC offered me millions of dollars to film us going to the zoo and living life, I woul ...more
Laura Lennon
A quick read, with some overview from Kate Gosselin's perspective on her children and family events. Fans of Ms Gosselin might find a lot of the the material to be "old news" (like I did) - but the letters are generally sweet and heartwarming. Critics should probably skip this one.

Great for inspiration if you are looking to write letters to your own children, less fulfilling if you are a fan looking for a Gosselin fix.

There are a few recipes in the back, which are perfect if you have a young Gos
This was a very quick (~1.5 hours) and extremely easy read. I've watched the show because for some reason, I've always been fascinated about how others go about and organize their daily lives. The book wasn't poorly written for a memoir and it did offer some insight on the hurdles that the Gosselin family has had to jump over. However, some parts of the book were just obnoxious (for example, when she listed all the free items, money, and help they received and then immediately afterwards claims ...more
Angela Oesterreich
I used to be a huge fan of Jon and Kate Plus 8, but now that it is only Kate Plus 8, I haven't been as much of a fan. Regardless, I was still intrigued by this book, so when I got it on sale, I was pretty happy. After reading it, I feel slightly disappointed. It was interesting - even inspirational - but it also lacked specific details at times. Overall, it's a great book for Kate to give her children to help them understand what their lives were like behind the scenes in the early years, but it ...more
Stephanie Sobieski
Great book, I love the show and reading about the kids.
This was, to me, just like reading an episode of (Jon and) Kate plus 8. It was interesting to get a look at the logistics of atheir life and their faith in more detail than is possible in a show, and I really enjoyed it.

I would recommend this to fans of the show, but also to people who've heard of them, but don't know much about them apart from perhaps Kate's infamous public persona. It really helps you to understand more about their past, and how they got to where they are today. (It also has c
Lindy Trimble
Cute but kinda complainey
I only read this because I bought it at the Dollar Tree (where everything is a dollar) and it was wishlisted on PaperbackSwap, so basically it was a cheap way to get a book sent to me. Anyway, I almost didn't read it before I sent it off, but since I used to watch her show and I find large families and the way they funtion interesting, I decided to read it. It wasn't great, it wasn't terrible. Basically the only people who would enjoy it are people who watched the show and wanted more background ...more
I don't even know why I read this book. It's not that it is bad or anything- I just personally cannot stand this woman. She drives me crazy with how she talks..or screams all the time. But I loved the show, I love watching those kids grow up, and Ive read her other books. So I read it. If you like Kate, you will like this book. If you do not like hearing how you should quit your job because the Lord wants you to and will provide for you through other people- you will not like this book.
I only read this because I found it at the dollar store one day. I used to be a fan of the Jon & Kate Plus Eight show, for the first couple seasons, then it got really old with her bitchiness and OCD stuff, but that kind of is what drew us to like her, right? Anyway, the book gets boring pretty quick because it becomes redundant and it's piecey and frankly I didn't read any of the letters to her kids beyond the first two. I dunno. I wouldn't have read it if it wasn't a buck.
Oh I loved this book! Kate has a way of 'talking' to the reader. My one complaint is early on she didn't give exact Bible references. Other than that, it was great! I would've liked to learn a little more about what went wrong in her relationship with Jon. Maybe next time.
I didn't know if I would enjoy this book as much as I did the first one after everything that has happened to them, but I was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed reading it because I liked reminiscing on the earlier years of the baby Gosselin's. I remember loving to watch that show every week and being inspired. Unfortunately I quit watching the show, but if I could, I would watch reruns over and over of the earlier years. I miss those years as I'm sure they do too.
I am a huge fan of Kate and her family. I have read Multiple Blessings and will continue to read anything she writes. I find her story very interesting and I find her to be an inspiration. She is tough for a reason and makes no apologies for it. This book was just more about her story and how much she loves her kids. She also talks some about how her feelings of fans have changed for the better. I hope she writes more so that I can continue to be a fan.
Tori Kennedy
I thought this book was pretty good. I know a lot of people do like her or her family that well. But she did a great job at explaing about her life and telling her kids what amazing joy they brought to her life. I connect to that because my parents tell me that they are happy to have me around even though they get so mad at me sometimes. But this book shows how much she loves and really does care for her kids. Its not just all about her.
  • Multiple Bles8ings: Surviving to Thriving with Twins and Sextuplets
  • Where Mercy Is Shown, Mercy Is Given
  • Uncharted TerriTORI
  • How to Be Famous: Our Guide to Looking the Part, Playing the Press, and Becoming a Tabloid Fixture
  • Begin Again: A Biography of John Cage
  • The Real Girl Next Door
  • Blonde Ambition: The Untold Story Behind Anna Nicole Smith's Death
  • Confessions of an Heiress: A Tongue-in-Chic Peek Behind the Pose
  • Through The Storm: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World
  • The Duggars: 20 and Counting!: Raising One of America's Largest Families—How They Do It
  • Watching What We Eat: The Evolution of Television Cooking Shows
  • Almost a Family: A Memoir
  • Tip It!: The World According to Maggie
  • Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far
  • Whateverland: Learning to Live Here
  • The Day I Shot Cupid: Hello, My Name Is Jennifer Love Hewitt and I'm a Love-aholic
  • The Skinnygirl Rules: For Getting and Staying Naturally Thin
  • Beware of Cat: And Other Encounters of a Letter Carrier
Katie "Kate" Irene Gosselin, née Kreider is an American television personality and author. She is best known for the reality show Jon & Kate Plus 8, which profiles her and her then-husband Jon Gosselin as they raise their atypical family consisting of sextuplets and twins.
More about Kate Gosselin...