Start by marking “Astrology for the Soul” as Want to Read:
Astrology for the Soul

Astrology for the Soul

For the first time ever, a famous spiritual astrologer shares the secrets, previously known only to professionals, that hold the key to your future.

Astrologer Jan Spiller shows you the key to discovering your hidden talents, your deepest desires, and the ways you can avoid negative influences that may distract you from achieving your true life purpose, as revealed in your
Published November 4th 2009 by Bantam (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Astrology for the Soul, please sign up.

Recent Questions

Apr 12, 2007 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is karmic astrology - way beyond the sun signs - it is true spiritual astrology. Descriptions based on the placement of the North Node (or True Node) in the birth chart, this book provides much depth and insight into each one's soul and its purpose. Beautifully written with strong overtones of compassion.
Christina knox
Mar 19, 2008 Christina knox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
According to this book, my virgo north node suggests that my past lives were centered in monastic/prison environments and that this life is about an emergence into personal freedom and that the negotiation of that is complicated. There's more. It's kind of interesting. It really dignifies why people born in 1979 are such a bunch of mental cases. Astrology, what a science.
Timothy
Mar 31, 2008 Timothy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Timothy by: Tina
Shelves: how-to
This book is really amazing. It's written in a self-help style that I generally find hard to stomach, but in this case, I just take it and ask for more. It's all about nodes, which are about what you were in a past life, the things you gravitate towards like fixed habits, because they're safe, versus what you need to explore and strengthen in this lifetime. Whatever, haters. Ask me about your nodes and I'll blow your mind.
Taymara Jagmohan
Now, if a book can help you to understand yourself, then you should worship it. Not only did it help me to see the vices and virtues of my inner soul, but it relieved me of my internal proposals. IT WAS ADMIRABLE, and more so it made me see that everyone has their traps and get a ways. Everyone is everyone, and very beautiful too.
Excellent piece mon.
Kudos to the nodes.

Taymara.
Deirdrie
Jul 26, 2009 Deirdrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
TRULY INFORMATIVE and INSIGHTFUL! I enjoyed reading this book. In chapter form, you read what specifically pertains to you. In this case you locate your sign and corresponding node (north or south) that your sign is in based upon the time you were born. You'll see yourself on these pages and it will let you know that astrology is a very real and current science!
Janelle
May 24, 2007 Janelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This book is for everyone, even those who find themselves skeptical about astrology. This book isn't about sun signs, or anything that superficial. It talks about the nodes of moon that give insight to the type of lives we have lived in the past, what negative attributes we need to let go of, and how we can grow in this lifetime into stronger and happier beings. One of my favorite books!
Rainey
Sep 06, 2008 Rainey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you don't know what your astrological node is you might want to figure out. Reading about my node changed my life and the way I look at the path of where I want to go. I was stunned by the accuracy of it and unlike other astrology books it didn't tell me who I was but rather who I am striving to be. And how to take steps to be that person.
Iroquois
Love this book, it's introduced me to a whole new aspect of astrology. Based on what house the north node is located at birth. It's simple to figure out with a chart at the front of book and then you just find your corresponding north node sign. The info is everything from past life attributes and things you're meant to focus on in this lifetime. So fun to do with my coworkers and friends!
Leslie
Sep 16, 2012 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing book! I find this information invaluable. As a Capricorn with little cappie traits I'm finding out so much more about my Taurus north node. It fills in all the q&a I've ever had. Highly recommend
Kay
Dec 21, 2013 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book on the nodes for just learning the possibilities of the north and south nodes. Always recommend that people understand the north node of people they are in relationship with so they can be encouraging to that person's growth potential
Alvina
Feb 05, 2016 Alvina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A different perspective on Karmic Astrology
Amanda Leon
Really interesting and insightful! Totally recommend it!

Check out my blog www.readsbyamanda.com :)

Thanks for reading!
Melissa
Dec 12, 2007 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a beautiful book
thats speaks of the souls purpose
Jeanette Welch
Nov 22, 2013 Jeanette Welch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: astrology
This is one of the best books for understanding the North and South Nodes.
Alexandra Zaharieva
This is my Bible.It changed my life.
MissManda
Feb 12, 2014 MissManda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty mind-blowing and accurate!

I have always been into astrology, but only the on the surface of it. I have not ever really gotten into where my sun is in or my moon, or anything extremely deep.

Well this book addresses nodes, more specifically your North Node. The North Node pertains to the position of the Moon in your chart. This can explain your life lessons and how to resolve issues within yourself to attain inner peace. I found this book to be so eye-opening and healing. It does not sugar
A Templeton
Jan 02, 2017 A Templeton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-reviews
Jan Spiller is an incredibly insightful astrologer and I appreciated the writing style and design of this book. The introduction provided a gentle framework for the interpretation and application of her insights, and she seems to suspend questions of validity and potential resistance quite elegantly, setting up an open and almost no-strings-attached feel for the chapters that follow. However, some chapters tend to get quite repetitive once she has diagnosed the 'Achilles heel' of each of the pos ...more
Kellyn Brooks
Mar 14, 2016 Kellyn Brooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Checked this out in a effort to further my knowledge of the birth chart and its elements. I was slightly confused/disappointed when I first started reading this. My North Node is in the sign Scorpio. I read what Spiller had to say about tendencies of Scorpio North Node people and found them less than resonant. However, a quick check of my chart showed me that my North Node is also in the 4th house (which is associated with the sign Cancer--unrelated in this instance). I found this section of the ...more
Claudia Loureiro
Aug 10, 2015 Claudia Loureiro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: astrology
This is one of some astrology books I have read over the last months. I found it to be full of useful insights and written in a reader-friendly way. Basically it tells it like it is even if that can be a little difficult to admit to at times. It is centered on providing astrological information based on the north node.
Jan Spiller has put the material together in a logical and easy-to-follow format. I think anyone, novice to expert, can learn from this fascinating book.
I believe this is a book i
Starla King
Dec 17, 2015 Starla King rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I doubt I would have read this book if it hadn't been gifted to me by a friend, but I sure am glad I did! Honestly, I'm not sure what I believe about astrology, but this book has been incredibly helpful (and fascinating!) to me. The chapter on my "north node" describes many of the struggles I've had in this lifetime, and the suggested forward-moving steps continue to make so much sense to me. Somehow it's all very comforting and motivating.

I so appreciate that the author (Jan Spiller) says time
Amy Herring
I read this early on in my astrology career and enjoyed it's depth and organization. There is a lot of detail here and it is better than any other of Jan Spiller's books which are mostly smarmy and overly 'new aged' for my preference. The best parts of this book are in each section when she contrasts the things to leave behind and the things to learn, and the 'bottomless pit' statements. A flaw in this book is that she, like many astrologers perhaps sometimes for sake of convenience, combines th ...more
Jen
Jan 25, 2009 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm reading from the 2008 printing so it's a bit shinier..:)

Amazing info. Hah, it helps me realize why adolescense was so challenging! Haha, whew. It also has helped me see a glimpse as to why I chose the womb I did and when. The energies of the stars, or whatever you want to call it, ..there's no way I can't learn what's described with my north node. Hah, pretty exciting, fascinating and interesting.

She gives a nice indepth look at each node. Well worth the read.
Polina
Oct 26, 2010 Polina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I find the ideas in this book for my north node challenging, but that is precisely what they are meant to be - challenging to implement, the direction of greatest growth and expansion. I must admin I have not embraced this direction yet out of fear and attachment to the comfort zone of my current behaviour and traits dictated by my sun/moon/ascending but I am dabbling in my north node "hidden talent" and am enjoying it although it is not easy to move into it.
Amanda Patterson
Do you know what your North Node is?

Even if you don't believe in astrology, even if you don't want to try another one of these 'flaky; books, I think you should read this one.

Everybody wants to know why they are here and what they have to learn. Jan Spiller delves into North Nodes and her interpretation of their meanings.

And the best part? You don't have to know anything about astrology to understand this book.
Laburkie
Not to be missed!

Learning about my North Node answered so many questions that plagued me for most of my life. Now I have a clearer understanding of my life purpose and why certain challenges have presented themselves for my growth.

I've shared this often with others and so far, everyone who reads about their own North Nodes has expressed amazement.
Kimm
Sep 22, 2012 Kimm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
North Node placement is easy to calculate and doesn't require years of study like many other aspects of Astrology. If you're interested in diving deeper than the daily column in your newspaper - this book is a diving board with easy access into far deeper waters. Only for the adventurous and open minded ... with all the rewards those attributes bring ;)
Kim
Sep 19, 2007 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: folks into astrology
I thought the author was over-reaching in her Introduction, where she states that she is going to give the secret reason why her readings are so accurate. Then I read my Node. What a laugh! Every page was ME.
Ahh, thank goodness someone isn't blowing hot air around! This book is fabulous and gives a lot of insight.
Vicky McEnaney
Aug 04, 2015 Vicky McEnaney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredibly accurate and couldn't put it down. As someone who is quite sceptical and rational, I was at first unsure upon reading the title, but being interested in the mythology and longstanding history around astrology, gave it a go. This isn't daft newspaper horoscope stuff, far more complex but also nice to read and understand.
Natascha
Aug 02, 2008 Natascha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book didn't exactly change my life now, or something, but - and that was kinda scary and surprising - it really mentioned some feelings that I have, exactly how I feel and what I want to change. So in a way, it reminded me that there are things I want to change in my life, need to change, so I can feel good. I'm really trying. To do what I wanted to do a long time ago.
Terry O'Connor
Apr 10, 2016 Terry O'Connor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was incredible and reading some into this area of spiritual growth really allowed me to see my light and shadow and then help me to come into my own power by acknowledgement and awareness.

I use this book on an ongoing basis.

Life Changing.
  • Astrology, Karma and Transformation: Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart
  • Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
  • The Astrology of Fate
  • The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation
  • Karmic Astrology, Vol. 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
  • Astrology, a Cosmic Science-Op
  • The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
  • Asteroid Goddesses: The Mythology, Psychology and Astrology of the Re-Emerging Feminine
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • Darkside Zodiac
  • Parker's Astrology: The Definitive Guide to Using Astrology in Every Aspect of Your Life (New Edition)
  • Born on a Rotten Day: Illuminating and Coping with the Dark Side of the Zodiac
  • Making the Gods Work for You: The Astrological Language of the Psyche
Jan Spiller is a faculty member of the American Federation of Astrologers and the author of three bestselling astrology texts: Spiritual Astrology, New Moon Astrology, and Astrology for the Soul, as well as a new book, Cosmic Love. Well-known in the astrology world, Jan has has hosted her own local television and radio shows: Ecliptic; The Good Life; and the nationally syndicated, daily radio show ...more
More about Jan Spiller...

“When something unfortunate happens, they tend to respond with: “To me? It’s happening to me?” They don’t believe they are deserving of bad luck. One of the lessons they’re learning is that “life” happens to everyone.” 4 likes
“The idea is to be open to forces outside of themselves—whether people or nature—to redirect them in ways that make their tasks and their lives easier.” 1 likes