Start by marking “Astrology for the Soul” as Want to Read:
Astrology for the Soul

Astrology for the Soul

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  486 ratings  ·  47 reviews
For the first time ever, a famous spiritual astrologer shares the secrets, previously known only to professionals, that hold the key to your future.

Astrologer Jan Spiller shows you the key to discovering your hidden talents, your deepest desires, and the ways you can avoid negative influences that may distract you from achieving your true life purpose, as revealed in your
Published November 4th 2009 by Bantam (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Astrology for the Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Astrology for the Soul

This is karmic astrology - way beyond the sun signs - it is true spiritual astrology. Descriptions based on the placement of the North Node (or True Node) in the birth chart, this book provides much depth and insight into each one's soul and its purpose. Beautifully written with strong overtones of compassion.
Christina knox
According to this book, my virgo north node suggests that my past lives were centered in monastic/prison environments and that this life is about an emergence into personal freedom and that the negotiation of that is complicated. There's more. It's kind of interesting. It really dignifies why people born in 1979 are such a bunch of mental cases. Astrology, what a science.
Timothy
Sep 17, 2014 Timothy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Timothy by: Tina
Shelves: how-to, lent-out
This book is really amazing. It's written in a self-help style that I generally find hard to stomach, but in this case, I just take it and ask for more. It's all about nodes, which are about what you were in a past life, the things you gravitate towards like fixed habits, because they're safe, versus what you need to explore and strengthen in this lifetime. Whatever, haters. Ask me about your nodes and I'll blow your mind.
Taymara Jagmohan
Now, if a book can help you to understand yourself, then you should worship it. Not only did it help me to see the vices and virtues of my inner soul, but it relieved me of my internal proposals. IT WAS ADMIRABLE, and more so it made me see that everyone has their traps and get a ways. Everyone is everyone, and very beautiful too.
Excellent piece mon.
Kudos to the nodes.

Taymara.
Iroquois
Love this book, it's introduced me to a whole new aspect of astrology. Based on what house the north node is located at birth. It's simple to figure out with a chart at the front of book and then you just find your corresponding north node sign. The info is everything from past life attributes and things you're meant to focus on in this lifetime. So fun to do with my coworkers and friends!
Janelle
Jul 05, 2007 Janelle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
This book is for everyone, even those who find themselves skeptical about astrology. This book isn't about sun signs, or anything that superficial. It talks about the nodes of moon that give insight to the type of lives we have lived in the past, what negative attributes we need to let go of, and how we can grow in this lifetime into stronger and happier beings. One of my favorite books!
Deirdrie
TRULY INFORMATIVE and INSIGHTFUL! I enjoyed reading this book. In chapter form, you read what specifically pertains to you. In this case you locate your sign and corresponding node (north or south) that your sign is in based upon the time you were born. You'll see yourself on these pages and it will let you know that astrology is a very real and current science!
MissManda
Pretty mind-blowing and accurate!

I have always been into astrology, but only the on the surface of it. I have not ever really gotten into where my sun is in or my moon, or anything extremely deep.

Well this book addresses nodes, more specifically your North Node. The North Node pertains to the position of the Moon in your chart. This can explain your life lessons and how to resolve issues within yourself to attain inner peace. I found this book to be so eye-opening and healing. It does not sugar
Leslie
Amazing book! I find this information invaluable. As a Capricorn with little cappie traits I'm finding out so much more about my Taurus north node. It fills in all the q&a I've ever had. Highly recommend
Amy Herring
I read this early on in my astrology career and enjoyed it's depth and organization. There is a lot of detail here and it is better than any other of Jan Spiller's books which are mostly smarmy and overly 'new aged' for my preference. The best parts of this book are in each section when she contrasts the things to leave behind and the things to learn, and the 'bottomless pit' statements. A flaw in this book is that she, like many astrologers perhaps sometimes for sake of convenience, combines th ...more
Richard
Hauntingly accurate!
Jen
I'm reading from the 2008 printing so it's a bit shinier..:)

Amazing info. Hah, it helps me realize why adolescense was so challenging! Haha, whew. It also has helped me see a glimpse as to why I chose the womb I did and when. The energies of the stars, or whatever you want to call it, ..there's no way I can't learn what's described with my north node. Hah, pretty exciting, fascinating and interesting.

She gives a nice indepth look at each node. Well worth the read.
Polina
I find the ideas in this book for my north node challenging, but that is precisely what they are meant to be - challenging to implement, the direction of greatest growth and expansion. I must admin I have not embraced this direction yet out of fear and attachment to the comfort zone of my current behaviour and traits dictated by my sun/moon/ascending but I am dabbling in my north node "hidden talent" and am enjoying it although it is not easy to move into it.
Adriane
Wow. My North Node is in Libra, but it also falls in the sixth house (Virgo), so I read both sections. While I did see some of myself in the Libra section, I saw pretty much ALL of me in the Virgo section. It was incredible to see some explanations for how I behave and how I should approach things from now on. I was especially delighted to see that in this lifetime, I should be helping people, which is what I've recently discovered I would like to do. Awesome book!
Amanda Patterson
Do you know what your North Node is?

Even if you don't believe in astrology, even if you don't want to try another one of these 'flaky; books, I think you should read this one.

Everybody wants to know why they are here and what they have to learn. Jan Spiller delves into North Nodes and her interpretation of their meanings.

And the best part? You don't have to know anything about astrology to understand this book.
Natascha
The book didn't exactly change my life now, or something, but - and that was kinda scary and surprising - it really mentioned some feelings that I have, exactly how I feel and what I want to change. So in a way, it reminded me that there are things I want to change in my life, need to change, so I can feel good. I'm really trying. To do what I wanted to do a long time ago.
Kimm
North Node placement is easy to calculate and doesn't require years of study like many other aspects of Astrology. If you're interested in diving deeper than the daily column in your newspaper - this book is a diving board with easy access into far deeper waters. Only for the adventurous and open minded ... with all the rewards those attributes bring ;)
Laburkie
Not to be missed!

Learning about my North Node answered so many questions that plagued me for most of my life. Now I have a clearer understanding of my life purpose and why certain challenges have presented themselves for my growth.

I've shared this often with others and so far, everyone who reads about their own North Nodes has expressed amazement.
Rainey
If you don't know what your astrological node is you might want to figure out. Reading about my node changed my life and the way I look at the path of where I want to go. I was stunned by the accuracy of it and unlike other astrology books it didn't tell me who I was but rather who I am striving to be. And how to take steps to be that person.
Kim
Sep 19, 2007 Kim rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: folks into astrology
I thought the author was over-reaching in her Introduction, where she states that she is going to give the secret reason why her readings are so accurate. Then I read my Node. What a laugh! Every page was ME.
Ahh, thank goodness someone isn't blowing hot air around! This book is fabulous and gives a lot of insight.
Kay Taylor
Great book on the nodes for just learning the possibilities of the north and south nodes. Always recommend that people understand the north node of people they are in relationship with so they can be encouraging to that person's growth potential
Shelley
Okay, everyone who knows me well knows that I am an intermediate astrologer. I can read and interpret charts very well when given a birthdate and time. I especially liked this book because it spoke of life purpose and goals. It was very inspirational and easy to follow.
Jenny
This book shocked me the most of any Astrology books. I was starting to doubt most Astrology readings, but this one was so right on about so many people I know, including myself. It helped me understand where others were coming from.
Melissa
Jul 24, 2008 Melissa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone curious about astrology
One of the most comprehensive, accurate books regarding astrology I have found. Jan Spiller has found her niche market & is the CEO of North Nodes...Amazed many non-believers with this read!
Branwynne
Just want to say that this book has been so accurate that it has completely amazed everyone to whom I've lent it. The insight it gives has moved me to tears.
Carmen
Another essential for astro-philes. In-depth and expansive discussion of the moon nodes, written in an accessible and straightforward manner. Very, very good.
Amy D
I find myself coming back to this often. Though I didn't expect it to be, it often has true insights into myself and those close to me
Kelly
The most intense and truthful astrology book that you will ever read. Be prepared to learn a lot about yourself both the good and the bad.
Molly
this is revolutionary stuff. even those not into astrology will find the truths in this book hard to deny.
Anne Marie
Wow is all I can say! Then again, I'm an astrologer so this may not be as profound for everyone.
love marriage specialist by baba ji call 1 2 Sep 21, 2014 02:39AM
  • Astrology, Karma and Transformation: Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart
  • Planets in Transit: Life Cycles for Living
  • The Twelve Houses: Introduction to the Houses in Astrological Interpretation
  • The Astrology of Fate
  • Astrology: A Cosmic Science
  • The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
  • Karmic Astrology, Vol. 1: The Moon's Nodes and Reincarnation
  • Aspects in Astrology: A Guide to Understanding Planetary Relationships in the Horoscope
  • Parker's Astrology: The Definitive Guide to Using Astrology in Every Aspect of Your Life (New Edition)
  • Darkside Zodiac
  • The Astrologer's Handbook
  • Pluto, Volume I: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul (Llewellyn Modern Astrology Library)
  • Sextrology: The Astrology of Sex and the Sexes
  • The New Astrology: A Unique Synthesis Of The World's Two Great Astrological Systems: The Chinese & Western
  • Born on a Rotten Day: Illuminating and Coping with the Dark Side of the Zodiac
  • The Inner Sky: How to Make Wiser Choices for a More Fulfilling Life
  • Linda Goodman's Love Signs: A New Approach to the Human Heart
Jan Spiller is a faculty member of the American Federation of Astrologers and the author of three bestselling astrology texts: Spiritual Astrology, New Moon Astrology, and Astrology for the Soul, as well as a new book, Cosmic Love. Well-known in the astrology world, Jan has has hosted her own local television and radio shows: Ecliptic; The Good Life; and the nationally syndicated, daily radio show ...more
More about Jan Spiller...
Spiritual Astrology: Your Personal Path to Self-Fulfillment Cosmic Love: Secrets of the Astrology of Intimacy Revealed New Moon Astrology: Using New Moon Power Days to Change and Revitalize Your Life New Moon Astrology New Moon Astrology: The Secret of Astrological Timing to Make All Your Dreams Come True