Start by marking “Your Whole Family is Made Out of Meat: The Best of Dinosaur Comics, 2003-2005 A.D.” as Want to Read:

Your Whole Family is Made Out of Meat: The Best of Dinosaur Comics, 2003-2005 A.D. (Dinosaur Comics 0)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  284 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Dinosaur Comics is an intelligent, thoughtful and hilarious daily comic which creatively uses the same six panel format for each installment. The daily comic first appeared on-line at www.qwantz.com and now boasts over 300,000 unique readers each month. Fans "click in" to see the philosophical thoughts, rants and misgivings of T-rex, the neurotic main character played by, ...more
Published December 28th 2005 by Quack Media

To ask other readers questions about Your Whole Family is Made Out of Meat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Whole Family is Made Out of Meat

Gunnerkrigg Court, Vol. 1 by Thomas SiddellHark! A Vagrant by Kate Beatonxkcd by Randall MunroeGirl Genius, Vol. 1 by Phil FoglioLackadaisy by Tracy J. Butler
Webcomics
125th out of 179 books — 72 voters

More lists with this book...

Trin
A birthday present, and a good weapon against an apocalyptic future where the internet implodes but I still really really need to read Dinosaur Comics (which, come on, I totally would). This collection is totally fucking awesome, as Dinosaur Comics so often is. Redundant to what's on the web of course, but I'm glad to have at least some of it in hard copy, though. No one expects the internet-imploding apocalypse!
Jason
Aug 31, 2007 Jason rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone onanastic
The thing I love most about this strip is that Ryan North assumes the reader is intelligent.
Dawn Marie
You may already know Ryan North. He seems to be at the center of the Toronto Comix Mafia, which is fascinating, because as far as I can tell, Ryan North can’t really draw. No, really. His website at qwantz.com is called Dinosaur Comics, and it’s a sort of clip-art haiku meditation on cheerful philosophical absurdity.

Using the same six panels in every comic, he expounds upon the mysteries of life and the marvels of science with the help of… well, dinosaurs, natch. They feature a rambunctious, pa
Jamie
The Best of Dinosaur Comics 2003-2005 AD (subtitle: Your Whole Family is Made Out of Meat!) is a collection of a webcomic strips that by any reasonable analysis really should never have gotten to the point of having enough strips to be collected. Author Ryan North basically took six panels of generic dinosaur clip art and just changed the words to make a new comics every weekday. Not the pictures, just the words.

Then he just writes words. What's amazing: he's been doing this since 2003. What's e
Purple
Absolutely superb! Dinosaur Comics is the only online comic that I read regularly (i.e. always) and a paper version is a must have! Really, this could go on all of my shelves as the little conversations it contains cover pretty much everything.

I honestly have no idea how Ryan comes up with fresh ideas every weekday. The man, in short, is a genius. If you haven't read the comic, do so now. It's at www.qwantz.com. It takes a few to get into, but you'll soon learn to love T Rex's innocent questioni
Sara
May 01, 2008 Sara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people with the same sense of humor as me, people who hate cephalopods
Recommended to Sara by: the internet
I've enjoyed Dinosaur Comics on the web for about a year and a half, and I finally coughed up the dough for this collection of the comics from 2003-2005. If you want to see what Dinosaur comics is like, check out www.qwantz.com. Spoiler alert: the pictures never change. Anyway, this book was delicious. I read straight through in two sittings. If you like me, you'll probably like this book.
Science For The People
Featured on Skeptically Speaking's special episode "Smart Comics for Smart People" on September 7, 2011, during an interview with comic author Ryan North. http://skepticallyspeaking.ca/news/we...
Matt
Dec 28, 2007 Matt rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: comedy
This is my favorite comic strip these days, and this collection is very entertaining. I highly recommend this book, and also highly recommend just checking out the Web site at www.qwantz.com It's funny stuff.
Amanda
I love Dinosaur Comics. I should after mailing a ton of them from the FOUND/Quack! "warehouse" last summer.

But seriously, they're pretty funny. Check out the website.
A.M.
I occasionally read Dinosaur Comics online, which is how I found out about this book.
Philosophical, amusing, silly and whimsical, if you love the online comic, you'll love the book.
Danielle
Great fun and a fabulous cover. Dinosaur Comics always makes me a happy person. I like it when it builds up online in drifts and I get to wade through it.
Mister
Another dense existentialist tome. With dinosaurs. Awesome.

What to do with it when you are done with it: give it someone with a sense of humor.
Carrie
If you thought Napoleon Dynamite was funny and happen to be amused by dinosaurs having tiny little arms, then you will love this book.
Shanna
It's an entire book of Dinosaur Comics. Of course it gets 5 stars, because that's what you rate friggin' awesome books.
Julian
Dinosaur Comics are both educational and awesome. I don't know if I can explain why I love T-Rex so much.
Kelly
i read this and i feel, this is me. i am t-rex.
Benedict Jones
This is fabulous beyond words.
AK
so silly, so good
Neil
Neil marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Sigrid
Sigrid marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Bob Page
Bob Page marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Rina Gottung
Rina Gottung marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Siao
Siao added it
Nov 12, 2014
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
Liz
Liz added it
Nov 09, 2014
Patrick Augustine
Patrick Augustine marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
  • Never Learn Anything From History
  • Wondermark, Vol. 2: Clever Tricks to Stave Off Death
  • A Softer World: Truth and Beauty Bombs
  • The Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack
  • The Great Outdoor Fight
  • Save Yourself, Mammal!: A Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Collection
  • The Order of the Stick: No Cure for the Paladin Blues (The Order of the Stick, #2)
  • Questionable Content, Vol. 1
  • Penny Arcade Volume 7: Be Good, Little Puppy
  • Foxtrotius Maximus
  • Tales Designed to Thrizzle, Vol. 1
  • This Little Piggy Stayed Home: A Pearls Before Swine Collection
  • Suitor to the Sodajerk's Confidante (Problem Sleuth, #3)
Ryan M. North is a Canadian writer and computer programmer who is the creator and author of Dinosaur Comics, and co-creator of Whispered Apologies and Happy Dog the Happy Dog.

North grew up in Ottawa, Ontario where he studied computer science (minor in film) at Carleton University before moving to Toronto for his Master's degree in Computer Science at the University of Toronto, specializing in comp
More about Ryan North...
Adventure Time Vol. 1 Machine of Death: A Collection of Stories About People Who Know How They Will Die (Machine of Death #1) To Be or Not To Be: A Chooseable-Path Adventure Adventure Time Vol. 2 Adventure Time Vol. 3