Start by marking “Winner Takes All” as Want to Read:
Winner Takes All

Winner Takes All

Dominic Taylor and Matt Harris have been friendly rivals – with occasional benefits – for a few years. With the downturn in the economy, though, Matt’s business is struggling. Dom, whose company is doing well, offers Matt a bet that could help save Matt’s company. But the terms of the bet would literally put Matt’s ass on the line and change the dynamic of their friendship ...more
Published April 2010 by Loose Id, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Winner Takes All, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winner Takes All

Funzee Shu

“One month,” Dom said. “I can hold off the offer for one month. You lose. And I get you, for one week, to do with as I please. Anything I want, Matt.”

"Friday night at sport bar-drunk-back to Matt house-get handjob-Matt's office-kisses-back to Dom condo-beers-pizza-semi drunk-BJ-Matt's office-beers-pizza-another BJ session-cuddling-I'm not gay-Matt's office-date-back to Matt's house-frottage session-cuddling-Matt's office-beers-pizza-back to Matt's house-another make out session-okay I'm rea
May 14, 2010 Kassa rated it really liked it
Winner Takes All is a sexy, fun, and unabashed great time. The main characters have a bit of a gay for you but only slightly wrapped up in some business dealings. The story is highly erotic in the best ways with a lot of great sex scenes and non-stop banter. Although normally so much sex in a story tends to get repetitive and boring, somehow the writing and characters kept the each scene fresh, interesting, and incredibly hot. There is no question a lot of sex in the story so go into this lookin ...more
Apr 14, 2010 JenMcJ rated it liked it
I think this book was good but I had a hard time with the MC's. It's sort of GFY but maybe more like late realization that he was "not as straight as I thought I was".

What was off putting is that he is drunk, really, really drunk the first several times his gay best friend messes around with him. Then in order to push him a little farther he ends up making a bet with the straight guy that literally "bets his ass" and put his ass and business on the line. It all seemed a bit sleazy and coercive
There are two things that make the story doesn't work for me. One, I'm not a big fan of GFY story. Second, the fact that Matt has to be really, really drunk, for Dom to do the things he (or they) want to do with each other. Yeah, that's just don't work. Plus the whole bet thing ... feel like an emotional blackmail or some sort. I just skim through the whole thing because with the whole setting, I'm not even sure if Matt really, in the end, loves Dom *shrugs*
Dec 11, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
To steal one of Susan’s terms, Winner Takes All is a respectable “in-betweener.” Like a delectable lime sorbet palette cleanser, Urban and Silver’s collaboration is a fun sexy read that goes down easy, allowing you a breath before you move on to a more involved “thinker.”

Matt and Dom are friendly rivals – with some occasional, drunken make-out (and “handsy”) benefits. Which is fine with both of them since Dom is an openly gay man with a teensy crush on his “friendly rival” and Matt is confident
May 31, 2010 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Matt and Dom are friends. Thanks to the downturn in the economy Matt’s construction business is on the brink of going under. He is straight but lately after drinking too much he and Dom have been sharing some hand jobs and Dom would like more but figures crushing on a straight guy is bad. When Dom finds out they are going for a hostile take-over of Matt’s company he makes him a bet, if he can’t get the company back on it’s feet in a month, Dom gets Matt sexually for a week and vice versa if he d ...more
Feb 18, 2014 Ajax1978 rated it it was ok
Way too much sex and a two-steps-forward-one-step-back supposedly straight guy struggling with drunken handjobs with his gay buddy turning into more. He's ok with it, then he's not, then he's ok with it, then he's not. The story could have been told in maybe 15 pages without the endless sex and boring "plot" of a business takeover.
Feb 24, 2014 Teetee rated it really liked it
Wow, this story was scorching! I really enjoyed this book, it wasn’t terrible long but it packed a whallop! Matt is a sexy construction CEO that is in the closet and in denial who has a friends-with-benefits relationship with his best friend Dom. Dom is frustrated because Matt only fools around when he’s drunk and Dom is beginning to realize he might want more. The sex scenes took up most of the book, but it wasn’t all sex, no character or plot-we got to know the two pretty well so we cared what ...more
Sep 06, 2014 Julia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, gfy-ofy
This was an entertaining read. The plot was fairly simple, straight forward, and enough to tie the sexual encounters together. I thought it was easy to engage with Matt especially and felt as though his progression from denial to acceptance was believable. I didn't identify with Dom quite as much, but he still was a great character. Good banter. Good chemistry. Good book.

Talk about letting your inhibitions go when you drink. This sexy, GFY-themed story was a fun read and I did like the characters. However I would have preferred that getting really drunk to have sex wasn't such a big part of their budding relationship.
Feb 21, 2015 mah1 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Bought this when it was on sale and was honestly surprised how good it was.

The story isn't quite gfy, more like the other MC finally admits things to himself,but it was entertaining and featured an enthusiastic bottom, which is rare.

Though Matt was drunk during most of the initial hookups that were described, they werent actually hooking up for the first time and I didn't think there were consent issues. But as the story progressed, I was starting to have think they were both on their merry wa
If you're in the mood for GFY PWP, this is your book. Not much happens other than sex, but it was hot!
Elisa Rolle
This is the classical example of “gay for you” mixed with “friends with benefits” plot. Matt and Dom are both their own bosses, both owners of a construction firm. The only problem is that Dom was lucky enough to land a government contract with the economy went down, and instead Matt is on the brink of bankruptcy.

They know each other well and are Friday drink buddies. Dom is gay and Matt is straight, but the friendship seems to not have issue for that; on the contrary, when Matt is not part of
Jul 13, 2012 Adara rated it liked it
I rarely read reviews before I read stories. I don't know why I made an exception for this one. I wish I hadn't, because I think it colored me to the whole story. That's why I'm giving it 3 stars instead of 2.

First, this is pretty much PWP erotica. They're having some form of sexual relations for over 50% of the story. I was so bored of that by the end, and it's not that long.

The basic idea is one guy is gay (Dom) and has the hots for his (thinks he's straight) friend (Matt) and business compet
Sep 20, 2011 Kimberly rated it really liked it
My review originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed:

Matthew Harris and Dominic Taylor have been best friends and friendly rivals for years. They also fool around every once in a while…when Matt isn’t pretending he’s one hundred percent straight, that is. Dom wants something more from Matt and when Matt’s business threatens to go out of business, Dom makes him a bet that will help Matt out and put his ass on the line – literally. As the deadline for their bet
I'm not a big fan of PWP. This book is PWP even if the author tried (pretended?) to give it some plot. Everything I learned about the MCs was that they were friends (why? how long?) and business rivals and they liked different kinds of beer. And yes, one thinks he's straight but likes to have sex with his buddy. You wish the MC were two-dimensional but there isn't really more than one.
The whole storyline about loosing his company and trying to save his employees jobs was ridiculous. It's like tr
Liz (Bugetta)
3.5 rounded up to 4 stars. I really liked the writing and felt like Matt's journey from straight guy to maybe not entirely straight guy was well done. My grumble was the amount of alcohol required during the times the first get together. Maybe that's realistic but it still made me uncomfortable.
It's a short, cute, light story about two friends who use a bet as an excuse to explore sexual side of their relationship.
One the the book biggest forte is also the cause of its ultimate failing. I'm talking about the protagonists constant banter. It's really funny, but after some time it gets tiresome. Later annoying. And in the end I was just skipping parts of the text.
Moreover, they get is somehow backwards - in normal conversation they address themselves (sarcastically) 'honey' and 'sugar',
Wendy Ann
It was pretty surprising that Matt didn’t question whether he was even just a teensy bit gay with all the friendly benefits going on between him and Dom. When they got down to business, it was all rough and… well… chatty. Holy crap were they talkative in the middle of sex! I seriously wanted to haul out the threatened gag myself. The whole “ass on the line” bet became anticlimactic as their relationship progressed without that hanging over their heads. I really would have liked to see Matt have ...more
Tasha Moh
Sep 21, 2014 Tasha Moh rated it really liked it
Loved it...
Stacey Jo
I really enjoyed this book. I like books where the relationship starts out as BFF's. I liked both Matt and Dom and I enjoyed their snarky and playful back and forth banter. I found the premise to be believable as were the situations the characters were in. Lots of really hot m/m action. This one isn't overly long so it's a good one to read over a weekend afternoon. It definitley gives you the warm and fuzzies ;o)
Nov 19, 2010 Lucy rated it liked it
3.5. I had a little problem with how much Matt denied being attracted to Dom, when they had already been trading handjobs, while being BFFs. The progression seemed natural, the protests didn't. The bet seemed kind of secondary, and smoothed over very easily. They are a snarky, snappy couple and I liked them a lot. Matt especially has such a sarcastic, smart mouth. Great characters.
Jun 30, 2010 Absynthe rated it really liked it
If there were 4.5 stars, I would have given that because I really enjoyed the banter between the two main characters. They never got sappy, they never got cheesy, they stayed funny and obnoxious. There's some additional plot stuff about business that is relevant to the overall story, but really this is about the growing relationship between Dom and Matt.
May 05, 2010 Renee rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
A really well-written story about friends Dominic and Matt who like to engage in wagers that test Matt's self-perception that he's straight. When Matt's company is in trouble, Dom offers him a wager that may change Matt's opinion once and for all.

I really liked (and bought into) Matt's struggle with how he saw himself and his relationship with Matt.
Feb 09, 2011 Lynnebaby rated it liked it
Shelves: manlove
This made me chuckle a lot. The banter between the two main characters is so much fun. I don't even care if they play by the rules when they're enjoying themselves so much. It was also a little sweet. I rate it 3.5 stars 'cause I'm not in love with the story and probably won't read it again, but if I do, I'll definitely bump up the rating.
Mar 25, 2012 blub rated it really liked it
A pretty good read although two or three times I thought "omg just shut up and stop talking" at certain times in the book during the bedroom scenes. Matt was extremely laid back in my opinion he fell a lot quicker to accepting he was not as straight as he thought. I give props to Dom for being so persistent in getting what his heart desires.
Nov 05, 2014 Jess rated it really liked it

This story is full of tension, hot sex and genuine caring. I loved how the pair of them started to fall for each other and 'play' long before the bet was due. This means there was no icky questionable moments about him being 'forced' to experiment etc

really really solid fun story that most will enjoy.
Dec 15, 2012 orannia rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Three and three-quarter stars. I'm kind of confused as when the book finished Matt didn't have a job...I kind of want to know what happened next. And it may have been my frame of mind when reading, but the sex:plot ratio was rather high. I wanted more...writing that wasn't sex :)
Jul 10, 2010 Leaundra rated it liked it
(3.5 stars) It's not like I didn't like it but, I love a little mushiness. I love when two guys can be sweet with each other. I wanted more mush, lol It's alright for a couple of guys to be like that, they don't always have to act tough!!
  • Electric Melty Tingles
  • Rules Were Made to Be Broken
  • Truthful Change
  • One Real Thing
  • Private Dicks (Private Dicks, #1)
  • Back to Normal
  • Just One Kiss
  • Just For You
  • Carol of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #1)
  • Pinky Swear
  • Forever. I Promise.
  • Great Restorations
  • My Summer of Wes (Wes & Mal, #1)
  • Go Fish
  • Like Coffee and Doughnuts (Dino Martini Mysteries, #1)
  • Friday Night Jamie