Start by marking “Stuff On My Cat: The Book” as Want to Read:
Stuff On My Cat: The Book

Stuff On My Cat: The Book

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  352 ratings  ·  40 reviews
It began with a handful of digital photographs of office supplies, toys, and spare computer parts thoughtfully placed on Mario Garza's snoozing cat, Love. Over time, the objects became bigger: remote controls, shoes, empty pizza boxes. And then cat owners everywhere were sucked into the Internet phenomenon that is defined by a simple motto: stuff + cats = awesome. From Stu ...more
Published September 7th 2006 by Chronicle Books (first published August 24th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Stuff On My Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stuff On My Cat

PostSecret by Frank WarrenA Lifetime of Secrets by Frank WarrenPostSecret by Frank WarrenMy Secret by Frank WarrenPassive Aggressive Notes by Kerry Miller
Found, Submitted
34th out of 54 books — 30 voters
Dewey by Vicki MyronHomer's Odyssey by Gwen CooperOld Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T.S. EliotInto the Wild by Erin HunterThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Cat Lovers List
182nd out of 585 books — 285 voters

More lists with this book...

Erin *The Paperback Stash*
Another bizarre cat book on the desk my co-worker/friend Susan share. This ones adorably simple. Cats dressed up in bizarre costumes, cats with stuff on their heads and bodies, cats posing in all sorts of ways. As you can imagine, some look pretty peeved, others peaceful, and most blissfully unaware of their owners morbid humors as they do what cats do best - sleep! And yes, now I am tempted to just put random stuff on my cats.
Malbadeen
Oct 22, 2007 Malbadeen marked it as holy-shit-this-got-published
Recommends it for: people that like stuff and cats
Shelves: funny
I'm at work trying to go about my day - doing the important things that need to be done. Educating the kids, entering the data, conferring with the colleagues, phoning the phonies and i see this book on Sarah's desk and i have to stop and i have to look and what i find is that this book indeed lives up to it's title.
what I can say about this book is that:
1. there are way more photos in the world of cat's with stuff on them then i ever would have guessed
2. sometimes the cat's don't have stuff on
Siany
Dec 03, 2008 Siany rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Siany by: People who need to be entertained while they're having a poo!
This book served as a real inspiration, now I'M putting stuff on my cat... sometimes I put things on my chihuahua too!*

Stuff on my Cat really is great. It sits in my downstairs loo next to Uncle John's Bathroom Reader - these books keep my husband entertained, and otherwise engaged (in the loo) for hours on end. Thank you Stuff on my Cat, esp. for the one with the kitty with the Gene Wilder signed photo on it's head. Geeeenius!

* 'Things on my Chihuahua' wasn't picked up by any major publishing
Nick
I have to be honest here: I really don't like books made out of websites. They tend to be lazy, basically just the stuff you can read online, for free, in a book that you pay for. This book is no different. The website "Stuff on My Cat" is people sending in pictures of stuff on my cat; Here, in this book, is a bunch of those pictures. So if you want to see pictures of stuff on people's cats, go to the website. If you want to spend $9.95 for a book full of them, well, I don't know what to say. Ev ...more
Gabrielle
Feb 26, 2012 Gabrielle added it
Shelves: books-i-own
I cannot decide if this is hilarious or animal cruelty.
Christyn
Stuff on My Cat was cute and mildly entertaining. It had pictures of stuff on cats, and cats in stuff (costumes, clothes, boxes, etc.). Some were funny and cute, other's were kind of just okay, and still others had me asking how did they do that? It was a good book to page through, but not one of my favorites.
Sandy
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Melissa Guimont
Goofy and fun pictures of stuff on cats
Iowa City Public Library
The name says it all. Mario Garza has put together a book of photos of…stuff on cats. Whipped cream, boas, legos, pillows, babies–you name it. Great fun for you and your cat! Check out the book and the website to see how you can submit a photo of your favorite feline decked out in his favorite accessory. Just be nice! --Larry

From Staff Picks Blog
Michelle
Such a random pick-up from the library while trying to find other books, but it is so cute and funny. Quick read. All pics. Gotta love seeing photos of felines with stuff on them. Some of them are impressive like a whole plate full of food on a cat or a Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon ship on a cat's belly. Even putting cats on top of cats takes some art. Cute book.
Wendy
This was kind of funny, but I usually felt bad for the cats, who usually looked miserable, angry or annoyed.

Occasionally, though, you run across one who is completely chill, or even looks content at having stuff stacked on it! Those are the funny ones that give this 3 stars.
James
Jun 01, 2008 James rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Animal lovers
Weird and funny, like the Bad... series (Bad Cat, Bad Dog, Bad Baby, Bad President). The author is lucky his cat doesn't do the same to him - a cat with a hairball, an attitude, and a camera could wreak havoc.
Alissa
I like to take a lot of photos of my own cats wearing silly items, so this book did make me chuckle a few times. Don't go into the book thinking that the photos are all going to be clear or well-composed, however. :)
Nicole
Jul 31, 2007 Nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: if you put stuff on your cat
Shelves: picturebooks
Years ago I stacked pennies on Snootch's head while she just sat there and submitted to my silliness (sorry Sue!)If I had only known this kind of activity would be immortalized into a book I would have taken a picture.
Holly Letson
A collection of cute cats with stuff layered on them. Also, some nice cosplay cats as well. You never know what a person will lay on their cat and snap a picture of, when it comes to stuffonmycat.com!
Catherine
Jun 04, 2008 Catherine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Cat Lovers
This book features a bunch of goofy, funny, and cute pictures of cats. What's not to like? Personally, I don't think pets should be dressed. Er, uh, well a Santa hat doesn't count!
Autumn
I originally gave this book 2 stars because there are more cats-in-things than stuff-on-cats, and that was disappointing. The book earned an extra star, though, because cats are awesome.
If you appreciate cats and their often twisted owners, you will love this book. The photos had me cracking up! The second book is hysterical too.
Samantha
This was a cute but quick read. It is mostly pictures, and it makes you laugh. A good "pick-me-up" book, if that's what you're in the mood for.
Kelly Spryszak
Not really something you read, but it's hilarious. If you see it in the store, take thew time to flip through it. You'll have a few chuckles :)
Josie
This is a horrible, disgusting, hilarious book. Oh, please don't try this at home with your pet! (But look at it and laugh your ass off!!)
Janelle
I got this for Jason for Christmas - we passed it around the family gatherings - good for some laughs for sure.
Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
Oct 22, 2012 Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Snail in Danger (Sid) by: the library's free books bin
Shelves: animals, humor
2.5 sometimes. But mostly it's not even that funny, especially taken out of its context of origin (a web site).
Michele
This is one of the most revolutionary and inspirational books of our time. I will leave it at that.
Ana
Mostly pictures, not super funny or hilarious. Maybe you have to be a cat person.
Jeff
No captions but it's a fun collection of silly cat pictures. Cool stuff!
Amy
Ha ha ha. Very inspiring. If only our cats were so laid back!
Ianc Ehs
The cover is the whole experience, thats all you need to know.
Carolanne
god the picture is so cruel! whipped cream on a cat? just plain mean
Emily
This book is awesome! I love pictures of cute animals!
Stuff on cats 1 3 Dec 07, 2007 06:57PM
  • I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Colleckshun
  • Bad Cat: 244 Not-So-Pretty Kitties and Cats Gone Bad
  • The Devious Book for Cats: A Parody
  • I Am Maru
  • Awkward Family Pet Photos
  • Why Paint Cats: The Ethics of Feline Aesthetics
  • Pick Me Up - Stuff You Need To Know...
  • Signspotting: Absurd and Amusing Signs from Around the World
  • Why Cats Paint: A Theory of Feline Aesthetics
  • Horses
  • Everything I Ate: A Year in the Life of My Mouth
  • Found: The Best Lost, Tossed, and Forgotten Items from Around the World
  • Cats are Weird and More Observations
  • Wreck the Halls: Cake Wrecks Gets "Festive"
  • The Book of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks: A Celebration of Creative Punctuation
  • Regretsy: Where DIY Meets WTF
  • Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found
  • My Milk Toof: The Adventures of ickle and Lardee
More Stuff on My Cat: 2x the Stuff + 2x the Cats = 4x the Awesome Wet Cats Stuff on My Cat Presents: Cats A to Z Stuff on My Mutt Stuff on My Mutt 2010 Daily Calendar