Start by marking “Secrets of a Former Fat Girl: How to Lose Two, Four (or More!) Dress Sizes--And Find Yourself Along the Way” as Want to Read:

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  8 reviews
An inspiring account of one woman's mission to lose six dress sizes and change her life for good For Lisa Delaney, being a "fat girl" wasn't just a matter of weight, it was a state of mind. At one hundred eighty-five pounds, she was despondent over diets that never worked and disappointed by her dull job and lack of a love life-until a late-night epiphany involving a half-...more
Published February 26th 2008 by Plume Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of a Former Fat Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of a Former Fat Girl

Tam
PUT THIS BOOK DOWN!! I started reading it and I thought it was crap. Then I got to a point and thought maybe it's a joke (when she tells dieters to avoid nosy well meaning people by sequestering themselves). But I am afraid that this book looks like it's serious.

I've never read a Mass-market published book that so explicitly promoted self-hate, and I've read that skinny bitches book. This is worse than the skinny bitches book where they yell at you in text format.

This is such garbage.

That isn't...more
Coralie
This was a readable, common sense approach to weight loss that I really liked. It stressed that a successful, permanent weight loss plan is three pronged: diet, exercise and mindset. Loved it.
Cyndie Schmidt
This book really helped me take a look at myself and set some goals that I know I can follow through on. It helped me realize that I am not the only one going through the struggles of weight gain and loss. That working out is something that you can jump into when you set goals and take care of yourself. Make sure you start out doing what you can do and not over extend. I really enjoyed reading different scenarios that the author went though that I have gone though myself.

Great book! I have bough...more
Shelby Humphreys
I gave this book only two stars because, while she smartly addresses the importance of mind transformation, she's still clinging onto rules and expectations. I find more relevance in creating a loose structure for someone to create their own weight loss process, rather than switching from one rule book to another.
Becca
I don't like the way she writes in a talking down, girlfriendy way, but I do think she has some great advice to offer on how to go about losing weight in a healthy and realistic way by making small changes. She also has good tips on how to deal with family and other situations.
Vanessa
This book was really insightful and funny. She had me thinking of things I probably wouldn't have come up with on my own. Very inspiring book. I think I may purchase it to use as reference and motivation for those days when I wonder why I even bother. Great read!
Syida Nick
I love it. This book give me more ideas how to fight my weight.
Mandy
Life changing book for me. Simply amazing!
Suj
Suj added it
Mar 05, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Omaima Abdein
Omaima Abdein marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2013
Cassie
Cassie added it
Jan 01, 2013
Sami Wilbert
Sami Wilbert marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
Lisa
Lisa added it
Dec 13, 2012
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2012
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2012
Secrets of a Former Fat Girl: How to Lose Two, Four (or More!) Dress Sizes--And Find Yourself Along the Way Pediatric Imaging (Rad Cases) Secrets of a Former Fat Girl: How to Lose Two, Four (or More!) Dress Sizes--And Find Yourself Along the Way The Rainbow Tiger Pediatric Imaging