Start by marking “Angel Dogs with a Mission” as Want to Read:
Angel Dogs with a Mission

Angel Dogs with a Mission

This fascinating book puts the spotlight on working dogs - those heroic canines who have found ways to give back more than sloppy kisses and happy snuggles. The courageous dogs you will meet include:
Keno, a yellow Lab, who rescued a lift operator buried in an avalanche.
Kobi, a beloved and intelligent family pet with an exceptional sense of smell, who became one of the most
Published February 1st 2010 by New World Library (first published September 12th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Angel Dogs with a Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angel Dogs with a Mission

Michelle :)
Nov 15, 2010 Michelle :) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book in America. People ask why are animals so important to people they can't even talk. But if you read this book you'll change your mind. Dogs are truly messengers of love they help you guide you and protect you through times of need no trainig is even neede for yhif that is why dogs are truely meesengers of love. You know why we live longer than dogs this is a reason why:

A Dog's Purpose? (From a 6-year-old).

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish
Karen & Gerard
Angel Dogs by Allen and Linda Anderson is a fascinating non-fiction book of amazing stories about dogs from different people.  One of the most uplifting and fun stories was from a family sharing about how they celebrate “Dog Day.”  All day, they focus on their dogs and make it a very fun day for the whole family.  I thought this was a wonderful idea!  The stories range from how people’s dogs brought joy to their lives to amazing things they did to revisiting their owners after they died both in ...more
Alicia
Dec 17, 2008 Alicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely inspirational stories from people to show how loyal and loving dogs are!
Eva Leger
Sometimes I wonder why the heavy religious undertones? While this is borderline IMO, some go far, far, far. And they alienate people. There are non-religious folk who love animals, who love dogs, who want to hear these stories also. I suppose that's for another book. But the fact remains that religious people, for the most part, will read a non-religious book about dogs without much hesitation, the other way around? Questionable.
I would have liked to have done without the "meditations". IMO the
Sandra
Mar 13, 2012 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this would have to rank as the best book I have ever read. I loved it. I'm a dog lover and it just totally warmed my heart. I recommend it to all dog lovers, and I especially recommend it to people who have recently lost their dogs, as it helps them to realise that their dogs had a special purpose in their lives. We believe that our dog, a gorgeous 6 yr old tri-colour beagle, named Shebuh, is our Angel Dog. We got her as an 8 wk old puppy, but we chose her at 4 wks - and she has helped u ...more
Marianne Jay
Mar 06, 2009 Marianne Jay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First I would like to welcome myself back to the land of the reader again. What an awesome book this turned out to be. It was absolutely beautiful. Being a dog lover, I especially enjoyed this book. Both of my dogs are a VERY important part of my life and I do consider dogs angels.....and this book confirmed this fact for me.
Athalia Stoneback
This book touched me from beginning to end. I am an animal lover, and have always felt that animals have more in their minds than we think. This book has shown that, at least in the case of dogs, this is true. Highly recommended for all animal lovers.
Christina
Mar 16, 2008 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dogs, 2008, non-fiction
I love the short stories in this book. Dogs are amazing in so many different ways. It has helped me to appreciate the quirkiness of my own dogs. Each short story ends with a meditation too. Great book.
Kwirebaugh
Nov 24, 2008 Kwirebaugh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
READ THIS!!!! But, I must inform you that you will need a box of kleenex while you read. An exceptional view of the power of dogs! Such wonderful and touching stories!
Scott
Mar 01, 2011 Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!
Bonita Rose
Jul 09, 2007 Bonita Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who loves dogs!
Shelves: nonfiction, inspiring
FILLED with wonderful short stories... wonderful!
Dec 03, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My passion is animals and this book just proves how amazing they are!!
Many of the stories brought me to tears. Fanastic book!
Scott
Jan 24, 2012 Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!
Caitlin
Jan 01, 2012 Caitlin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must-read for dog lovers! I laughed, I cried, and I smiled throughout the whole book. I also donated to the ASPCA the second I finished it. Truly wonderful book.
Donna
Jun 10, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Made me love my dog more. I never thought I could love her more.
Dr. Kim
Nov 10, 2007 Dr. Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Beautiful stories that share the human-dog connection in all its beautiful glory.
Allen Anderson
Sep 28, 2012 Allen Anderson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
"I love Angel Dogs. Its stories and messages will amaze and delight you. Allen and Linda Anderson's book will make a wonderful gift for all your dog-loving friends, for anyone who is considering adopting or rescuing a dog, and for those who have lost a beloved dog. Read it and marvel at what the world looks like through the eyes of some of God's most loving creatures."
--Willard Scott, NBC's The Today Show

Angel Dogs: Divine Messengers of Love

The Andersons have done it again! Angel Dogs is a heali
Sam Herbert
Jul 13, 2014 Sam Herbert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book any dog lover would enjoy. A book of short stories from normal dog owners all over the world sharing their experiences with their dogs and how extraordinary they've been. Religion underpinned the whole book, which I found a bit heavy. I can relate to why the author said dogs are angels sent from God to walk the Earth, but I just felt it unnecessary. Other than that, a winner for any dog lover. 4/5.
Karen
Dec 27, 2010 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good. I'm not really a dog person and this book helps me believe maybe I just haven't found the right dog yet... Or he/she hasn't found me. Can't say I can relate to any of the stories but I enjoyed reading them. This would be ideal for a dog lover, I think! I'm just not there yet ~
Jodi
A really thought-provoking yet fun book about the spirituality of the human-animal bond. It took me a while to read because I wanted to take in the value of what I was reading. Warning: a few of these stories they make you cry.
Some of it's hokey. Some of it's poorly written. The last chapter had me bawling. I miss my baby girl Lucy. It will be three years on August 9th. I pray everyday she's watching over me. I want nothing more than to be reunited with her one day.
Kayt18
May 26, 2013 Kayt18 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely stories of how dogs interact with us even when they are gone to the rainbow bridge. The stories are touching, funny and loving. Great book, easy read, wonderfully touching.
Hayleehudson
Mar 10, 2014 Hayleehudson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing stories! Very inspiring. If you love dogs, I recommend this book!
Ashleigh
Nov 08, 2013 Ashleigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book by this author! They really have a way of brining out some of the best stories out there involving pets.
Dawn Mccoy
Great read for dog lovers and very inspirational for those straddling the fence about the roles dogs can play in our lives.
Becky
Mar 12, 2017 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Angel Dogs - Divine Messengers of Love : Dogs, research has proven, are more than just pets in most cases. Dogs are a part of family. They offer comfort, companionship, and even allow the owner some sense of accountability. Dogs have been used as therapy tools in helping those who have been a part of some life-altering tragedy, helped to rehab prisoners, visit the sick and elderly and even provide entertainment. In this book, we are faced with some true stories of how deep the connection between ...more
Mackenzie H.
biographies
216 pages

In this heartwarming book, Allen and Linda Anderson describe stories of our fellow furry friends showing loyalty, friendship, heroism, healing, and reunites in heaven. Like Zeke, a dog wbo was welcomed to a family of five children, two of which have medical conditions. One night while Zeke kept watch in the room if cribs, he started a rage of barking until the parents came and saw their daughter turning blue, stopped breathing. When the daughter was saved, Zeke showed loyalty
Anna
A lovely gift from a friend I met during the starting days of my animal rescue career :) I'll never complain about reading about dogs. The stories within this anthology were nice. Not written by very good authors. Some of them were downright worthy of 6th grade work. And all in all, it was too spiritual for me - I love dogs, but they don't teach me about the afterlife or God'd love. And the connections people made - how a lick in the face meant that the dog was saying, "I'd like to go see a midn ...more
Anna Motteler
I tried to enjoy this. I really did. I loved the pictures and I honestly loved the dog stories. But I just couldn't be okay with the super religious way of life involved in this book. It was a book about DOGS and I felt like I was being preached too. Just couldn't do it. The stories were good though. So if you're like me, just skip past the religious crap.
Kelsey Bryant
I love dog stories, and this contained quite a few sweet ones. I didn't agree with some of the ways dogs were spiritualized, so I didn't read the last chapter where pet owners described how they were visited by their dogs from the afterlife. But I'm always game for heartwarming animal stories, so I'm glad I read this book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Title Change 2 20 Nov 23, 2014 03:51PM
Angel Animals Books: OVERCOMING A FEAR OF DOGS 1 1 Nov 09, 2013 08:41AM
  • Lessons from a Sheep Dog
  • Who's That Dog? 35 Fabulous Rescues That Found Their Forever Homes
  • The New Work of Dogs: Tending to Life, Love, and Family
  • Dog Heroes of September 11th: A Tribute to America's Search and Rescue Dogs
  • What a Difference a Dog Makes: Big Lessons on Life, Love and Healing from a Small Pooch
  • Circling the Waggins: How 5 Misfit Dogs Saved Me from Bewilderness
  • Love at First Bark: How Saving a Dog Can Sometimes Help You Save Yourself
  • You Are a Dog: Life Through the Eyes of Man's Best Friend
  • Miracle Dogs: Rescue Stories
  • One Dog at a Time: Saving the Strays of Helmand - An Inspiring True Story
  • Endal: How One Extraordinary Dog Brought a Family Back from the Brink
  • A Dog Walks Into a Nursing Home: Lessons in the Good Life from an Unlikely Teacher
  • The Horses of Proud Spirit
  • How To Speak Dog: Mastering the Art of Dog-Human Communication
  • Shelter Dogs
  • Little Boy Blue: A Puppy's Rescue from Death Row and His Owner's Journey for Truth
  • Dog
  • Saving Gracie: How One Dog Escaped the Shadowy World of American Puppy Mills
20549
New York Times Best-Selling authors, Allen and Linda Anderson, are pet experts, keynote speakers, and founders of the Angel Animals Network. They help people discover and benefit from the miraculous powers of animals.

Dedicated to promoting human-animal companionship, Allen and Linda donate a portion of proceeds from their work to animal rescue organizations and do fundraising activities.

The Anders

More about Allen Anderson...